There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 6 (Who?), Viewed: 286 times.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 3:29 PM
Default Invisible Pieces
I have the game boards from here http://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/obj...dvent_2015.html.

They use the mah-jong table with invisible pieces, but as you can see in the pictures my pieces are showing blue. Does anyone know how to make them totally invisible?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 12:18 PM
Did you make a clone from the ATS tables?

Blue-flashing means the texture is missing, and/or the master mesh is missing.

You'd need a working texture for the pieces, then replace it with an invisible texture (empty PNG), set the "stdMatAlphaTestEnabled" in the TXMT to 1, and the "stdMatAlphaBlendMode" to "none", and you should have yourself a working invisible game piece.

There might be more to it, though, so if this doesn't work, you could post your files so we can have a look.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old Yesterday at 3:15 AM
I actually used one of the ATS games that I'd never heard of and just replaced the game board mesh, so the tiles are the same ones that come with the ATS boards. All the pieces have an empty texture; some of them didn't have all the TXMT changes you noted, but I changed those and it didn't fix anything.

The tiles are invisible in some situations, for example, you cant see the tiles in the tile holders in front of each person. It's just the tiles when someone picks up or puts down a tile and when they shuffle all the tiles around on the table. When I previewed the meshes in SimPE you couldn't see anything, like it should be. XD

Thanks for the help.
Mad Poster
#4 Old Yesterday at 2:16 PM
So...the accessory pieces. Not sure you can edit them, without defaulting them. (yes, but it's complicated)
Think of them as the blocks from the toddler activity table, or the dolls from the doll house.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old Yesterday at 4:04 PM
But I have edited the dolls from the dollhouse without making a default.
Mad Poster
#6 Old Yesterday at 5:15 PM
Oh! Well then if it is your problem, you'll be able to fix it no trouble.
I remember asking about modifying the accessory pieces that are spawned when an object is used, and the link I receive seemed to be complicated to follow. Maybe I am just remembering wrong.
Recoloring them is no problem, though I wanted to edit the meshes.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS ;)
Mad Poster
#7 Old Today at 7:40 PM
If you clone an object that relies on object accessories (dollhouse with dolls, etc.) the object accessories need to be a separate object with its own GUID, or somehow incorporated in the main object (still with its own GUID), and the object need to call on that accessory's GUID in the BHAVs. That's how the custom dolls for dollhouses work, anyway.

I know how to clone and edit an existing dollhouse with custom dolls, and I assume the method would be similar for other objects like the chess/mahjong tables, but I don't know which resources need to be extracted, or whether just changing the GUID in the master object is enough to make it pick up the custom accessories.

I don't know if the ATS tables have standalone accessories or just an invisible recolor. If they do have standalone accessories, cloning the table and the accessory separately, giving both new GUIDs, and change the GUID in the right BHAVs should be enough to fix it.