Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

Yvelotic2001

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 611 (Who?), Viewed: 25215 times.
Page 25 of 25
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#601 Old Yesterday at 9:00 PM
Round 3 scores

We had a few late entries this round and since I forgot to set up rules for that scenario beforehand I discussed with judges how to handle it and I've been told standard penalty is one point per day late so that's what I did. I'm sorry there wasn't clear information about this beforehand, I forgot to consider that possibility when making rules. And I also apologize for having a penalty at all when I've been late pretty much every single round. I would not blame you if some of you feel it's not entirely fair, but I felt it was necessary to keep it fair to those that did make sure to keep the deadline.

Thank you all for participating! We've seen a lot of really cool apartment builds and I hope many of you consider uploading them. I'm sorry that my hosting became such a shit show, I did the best I could but when life drowns you in lemons sometimes you gotta focus on just floating

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Constant Contestant
staff: senior moderator
#602 Old Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Huge congratulations @Charmful!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#603 Old Today at 12:21 AM
Yay, Charmful! You earned it!

And I see I'm in a three-way tie for last place. (Not counting the ones who didn't finish because that would hardly be fair.) That's so much better than I expected! I figured I'd be all alone back there.

It's funny that this is the one that seems put together "in a hurry," since it was the first set of apartments I made for Nova Colonia, and I spent more than a month getting it contest-ready. I think the hurried impression actually comes from taking too long about it, forgetting (and being too burned-out to look) what I'd already done in a different apartment and so on. No complaints whatever about the score, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
DELETED POST
Today at 12:21 AM
This message has been deleted by yavannatw.
Scholar
#604 Old Today at 12:28 AM
Congrats to the winner(s). Well deserved.
I'm afraid I don't understand the inconsistent scoring at all. Coming from joandsarah77's method which involves taking half a point of for each thing wrong, losing a whole 5 points for forgetting I had a cc plant (from a previous incarnation of the building) seems extreme. Whatever. I'm having a holiday from Sims completely for a while.
Test Subject
#605 Old Today at 12:44 AM
Congratulations @Charmful! A very well deserved win!
Field Researcher
#606 Old Today at 12:59 AM
Congratulations Charmful, you deserved the first place! As for myself, I'm happy I got a near perfect score on my last entry (79.5/80, minus 1 point from being late, pretty darn awesome!). I was really happy with the end result and I'm glad the judges loved it. That score surely deserved the wait! Speaking of which, I hope everything's back on track for you, gummi. The Vortex Tower will hopefully be uploaded soon.

Since we're now at the final feedback stages of the contest, I will try to write my feedback tomorrow. I'm too tired to write what I hope will be a long and constructive post. Until then, congratulations to every contestant, I learned a lot looking at your builds. Thank you gummilutt for hosting and thank you judges for judging.

Admit it, Milotic is beautiful.
My C:Simblr!
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#607 Old Today at 1:15 AM
Oh well done Charmful - very well deserved. Hoorah!

Also, some great builds here - I think everyone did really well.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Link Ninja
#608 Old Today at 1:43 AM
Thank you everyone, for the participation and challenge, and the encouragement - there were so many great lots to look at in this contest! Thank you judges for your helpful words and time to look through all the entries, and thank you very much Gummi for hosting despite all the curve balls of life being thrown at you. I have been in a number of building contests on MTS and this is the first time I have won, so I'm very glad and grateful and now relieved, haha, because I'm feeling the burn out like I suspect a lot of the rest of you are. I DO plan to upload all my lots and now that the contest is over I do want to share the videos of my lot walk-throughs I have been making since the beginning of the contest, just so you can see every nook that may have been missed because of photo limits

Townhouses
Studio Apartments
Desert Complex
Beach High Rise

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#609 Old Today at 2:32 AM
Thanks to gummilutt for hosting the contest--I know it couldn't have been easy at times, but we got some amazing builds and inspiration out of it! Thanks to the judges, too; that last round must have been really tough to judge--lots of wow moments everywhere! I honestly don't know if I could pick a favorite; each time I think I have one, I click on another entry and go 'oh, wow, this is amazing!'

Congratulations to Charmful for winning the whole thing; you did some great work!

Congratulations to stitching, too, for winning the last round with a perfect score no less!

And finally, congrats to all the contestants! (We finally made it to the end! Hooray! ) But seriously, I really hope that everyone considers uploading their entries--there are some truly great and amazing builds and I learned a lot from everyone about designing, building, and just general contest tips. So thanks and pat yourself on the back cuz you deserve it!

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Test Subject
#610 Old Today at 2:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmful
I do want to share the videos of my lot walk-throughs

Yas! I LOVE the walkthroughs! Lol, I do the same thing. I love to get a sense of how it feels to really live there.

I think my favorite of yours is your round two. The view from the bedrooms is sooo nice!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#611 Old Today at 2:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavannatw
Congrats to the winner(s). Well deserved.
I'm afraid I don't understand the inconsistent scoring at all. Coming from joandsarah77's method which involves taking half a point of for each thing wrong, losing a whole 5 points for forgetting I had a cc plant (from a previous incarnation of the building) seems extreme. Whatever. I'm having a holiday from Sims completely for a while.

I'm afraid you'll have to blame that one on me since the rules state CC use = 0 in requirement. It's not the judges choice it was the directive they were given from me. In No CC contests I believe it's standard to have a big penalty for CC to discourage people from using CC anyway, taking the penalty and making up for it with better scores in the rest thanks to access to things the others don't have. I understand it feels harsh but blame me not the judges

I haven't commented much on the builds outside of host bonuses but I agree there's been some truly spectacular builds and a lot of good builds all around. It's always interesting to see what direction people go with the same instructions. I hope you guys had fun aside from the many delays.

I also want to thank our three judges for all the hard work you guys put in. Judging is not easy and you had more work than usual with it being apartments, so well done for making it all the way through. Same goes for all the contestants, building this many apartments is no small feat and an impressive number of you made it through all four rounds. Should all be proud of yourselves

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Alchemist
#612 Old Today at 5:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yavannatw
...losing a whole 5 points for forgetting I had a cc plant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
...the rules state CC use = 0 in requirement...

I was like, what? ...I missed the whole thing. I have those Cyprus trees in my main game too - which is what I've been playing in lately - so I didn't even notice they were CC. Oops!

Congrats EVERYONE on making it all the way through this contest. Building - and decorating - apartments is not easy! It's like doing 6 houses at once I must say, I was quite happy to judge this one, and not have to contest in it Great job all ya'll!

...and especially to Charmful our winner

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?
Page 25 of 25