Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 11:27 PM
Default game versions
this thread is to discuss how the various versions of this game compare/contrast to each other. any area of the games; both current versions (Sims1 through Sims4) and future versions (Sims5 and later).

following site gives info:: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sims_Wiki
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 2:27 AM
We already have so many of these threads.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 2:18 AM
most of those threads would probably be old.
closest recent seems to be specifically for the Grim Reaper. this is to be more broad than that.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 3:23 AM
It's so common a discussion it has a sticky discussion over in the Sims 4 area.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
most of those threads would probably be old.
closest recent seems to be specifically for the Grim Reaper. this is to be more broad than that.

Perhaps but the same things get said again and again.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 11:52 AM
There are even several comparison series on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ujPoRKvbCA
A new thread gets made on here every month or so.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
. . . and future versions (Sims5 and later).
The best Sims version is Sims 536, It is completely backward compatible with Sims 2, but there are no VBTs. Everything works without ever causing corruption. Moreover Sims 536 works with all Sims 2 mods and hacks, so there is no need to update any of them. Sims 536 adds an advanced Virtual Reality interface allowing you to walk round your neighbourhood and interact with your Sims on a one-to-one basis. Simlish has been developed into a full language with its own grammar and a large vocabulary so that any subject can be discussed in Simlish. But don't worry, some of your Sims, probably educated Knowledge Sims, will be able to speak your language, and they'll help you to learn Simlish

When EA/Maxis bring out Sims 536, I'll save up enough money to buy a good enough computer to run it. Then I'll upgrade my game to Sims 536. I'll go and live with my Sims in Veronaville and I won't come back! And I was going to say you won't hear any more from me, but I forgot: Sims 536 will let me log on to MTS from my Moneywell, so I'll go on posting on this forum from the heart of Veronaville.

But, until EA/Maxis bring out Sims 536, I'll stick to TS2!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The best Sims version is Sims 536, It is completely backward compatible with Sims 2, but there are no VBTs. Everything works without ever causing corruption. Moreover Sims 536 works with all Sims 2 mods and hacks, so there is no need to update any of them. Sims 536 adds an advanced Virtual Reality interface allowing you to walk round your neighbourhood and interact with your Sims on a one-to-one basis. Simlish has been developed into a full language with its own grammar and a large vocabulary so that any subject can be discussed in Simlish. But don't worry, some of your Sims, probably educated Knowledge Sims, will be able to speak your language, and they'll help you to learn Simlish

When EA/Maxis bring out Sims 536, I'll save up enough money to buy a good enough computer to run it. Then I'll upgrade my game to Sims 536. I'll go and live with my Sims in Veronaville and I won't come back! And I was going to say you won't hear any more from me, but I forgot: Sims 536 will let me log on to MTS from my Moneywell, so I'll go on posting on this forum from the heart of Veronaville.

But, until EA/Maxis bring out Sims 536, I'll stick to TS2!

I agre with you the Sims 2 still amazing
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 10:18 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 6:45 PM
Yes, it is. Is that long enough to post, forum engine?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Yes, it is. Is that long enough to post, forum engine?

Should be, it's 7 characters (I counted).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Should be, it's 7 characters (I counted).

Do you mean characters in “Yes, it is.”? (Without the quotes of course.) It’s 11 characters, it’d be 9 if spaces don’t count (however every character should count, normal spaces, and even zero-width spaces), but a comma and a dot must be characters that do count.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 1:28 PM
No I meant the limit is 7 characters - coming in at 9 (or 11 - I think it does count the spaces) characters means you win. The counting involved me trying to get something to post. I think I had to add a full stop.

Scholar
#14 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
No I meant the limit is 7 characters - coming in at 9 (or 11 - I think it does count the spaces) characters means you win. The counting involved me trying to get something to post. I think I had to add a full stop.

Ah OK, now it makes sense

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:40 AM
skimmed through the sticky. it seemed to be more of a "which version is best" thread than a comparison thread.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 12:42 AM
Because that is what comparison threads turn into.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~