Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 12:28 AM
I prefer being able to click directly on the sim I want to edit, than having an object to place/find room for, that I might not even find pretty.
I am ready to deal with the fact that it's more likely to conflict with another mod, to keep that perk.
This is just my opinion, and thank you for the info!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#77 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 12:38 AM
I've never known gussy up to conflict with anything, you can have object clothing mods in your game with it. Every house has the hacked clothing rack and I also have a 'pile of clothes (not Pescado's one another) Each have a use. The clothing pile is handy for the office since I can have them change into the work outfit. I also have a swimwear and formal sign, again good for a different situation.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#78 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 1:18 AM
Christianlov has another simple mod which is really a companion to Gussy Up, but doesn't seem to be so well known. Its filename is Christianlov_PlugIn_Closet_ChangeClothes.package, and it adds a "Change Into" item to all Sims' menus. It gives them the option to change into their Everyday, Formal, Underwear, PJs, Swimwear and Gym Clothes. It even has a Naked option (though they won't stay that way for long without a nudist hack). I'm not sure if it does Outerwear, but then I don't have Seasons. I use it all the time on Sims who are inappropriately dressed. It means you don't need an object like a wardrobe to change their clothes, and you can use it on virtually all Sims. They spin as they change. You can get it from the same places as Gussy Up.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
That's one reason why I prefer his Sim Boutique Clothingrack. It was updated to do outerwear and it's an object not a global mod, so it's less likely to conflict with anything.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=284411

Smorbie - I tried to reply to the PM you sent me on the 25th, but your in-box is full.

Thank you! This is perfect. And, oopsie. I seldom get pm's so I just don't delete often. Will do so now.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#80 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Christianlov has another simple mod which is really a companion to Gussy Up, but doesn't seem to be so well known. Its filename is Christianlov_PlugIn_Closet_ChangeClothes.package, and it adds a "Change Into" item to all Sims' menus. It gives them the option to change into their Everyday, Formal, Underwear, PJs, Swimwear and Gym Clothes. It even has a Naked option (though they won't stay that way for long without a nudist hack). I'm not sure if it does Outerwear, but then I don't have Seasons. I use it all the time on Sims who are inappropriately dressed. It means you don't need an object like a wardrobe to change their clothes, and you can use it on virtually all Sims. They spin as they change. You can get it from the same places as Gussy Up.

Thanks for the heads-up. I hadn't heard of this one. I'd been using Smonaff's "Change Clothes Pie Menu" to do that.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I prefer being able to click directly on the sim I want to edit, than having an object to place/find room for, that I might not even find pretty.
I am ready to deal with the fact that it's more likely to conflict with another mod, to keep that perk.
This is just my opinion, and thank you for the info!

I don't keep modded objects on the lot except for critical things like the batbox and that goes in the foundation or the attic with moveobjects on. I only place an object like the clothing rack if I actually need it and then when I'm done using it I immediately delete it.

Another reason I usually use object mods is that I already have way too much stuff on the self click menus and it's much too easy to accidentally click the wrong thing or miss finding it in several pages of menu items. One of my sims recently went Downtown to check out potential dates and I accidentally clicked the Manipulator menu item which deselected him. The only thing I could do was back out to the neighborhood without saving, which lost him all the relations with all the sims he'd met up to that point. I had to cheat and teleport his potential girfriends onto the lot, otherwise he wouldn't have met them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#81 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 3:15 AM
I did that once, clicked unselectable on a lone sims pie menu mod. panic, exit. I have never done that again, made me extra careful.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#82 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 3:43 AM
Thanks again Rox. You,re right and i do this too in fact, most of the time. Not unselect my lone sim, but deleting a mod object after I used it.
I am happy to not have as many options on my sims as you seem to have! ahah!

Field Researcher
#83 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 9:07 PM
It will depend if it's a sim from my series I change their outfit everyday some I rarely change when it's their "Signature outfit". On normal sims I change rarely to match with their age, personality if it changes with the time and humor
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 11:27 PM
Every few years when it's reasonable for there to be a new fashion trend. I started a hood in the 1920's so it's been 10 years in game already and the ones who can afford it get new clothing that better fits with fashion trends of the 30s.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deadhead_kay
Every few years when it's reasonable for there to be a new fashion trend. I started a hood in the 1920's so it's been 10 years in game already and the ones who can afford it get new clothing that better fits with fashion trends of the 30s.

This is very interesting, and make so much sense!

Lab Assistant
#86 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 2:19 PM
I have been playing with the same family for months now and I change their clothing nearly everytime I play. I get tired of their outfits really fast and I am also constantly downloading new stuff so I wanna see that new pair of pants immediately
Scholar
#87 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 4:47 PM
Depends on the sim- I have one sim, Candi, who I bought a bunch of clothes for her and I change her outfit, well, a lot. Every 3 days or so. Really, when I feel like it. Which is a lot.

Most of my other characters are based off of fictional characters with defined outfits, so I rarely change those.
Field Researcher
#88 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 7:09 PM
I spend soo long choosing my Sims' outfits that afterwards, I just can't bear to change them! Even though I probably should be changing them twice a day if I ever want to get use out of my mountains of CC
And my sims' outfits are usually very intertwined with their characters and personalities and how I see them... often times what I've chosen is the only thing that 'fits' them properly and I couldn't imagine them in anything else!
Page 4 of 4