Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 1:38 PM
Default My Dresser's animations are possessed; help, please?
It's a new year, and I figured I'd have a go at learning to make new things; sue me. :P

I'm trying to make an edit to one of EA's dressers, by flipping the mesh in the opposite direction.
https://store.thesims3.com/productD...ategoryId=11562

I figured I'd just keep all the joint assignments EA used and see how it went.

Well, it went somewhere alright.... >_>

Everything looks okay in TSRW from were my ignorant butt is sitting, but clearly that drawer's got a whole other secret life I know nothing about.

This why I stick to decor. U_U
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 1:28 PM
Alright, I got an awesome tip at my simblr about checking the RIGs and RSLTs in S3PE, to match the values on mine with EA's.

A wee bit confused though, since I looked at EA's and mine and all the values I see are identical.
(I cloned/opened EA's dresser in TSRW, and all I changed was flipping the mesh in Milkshape and exporting it right back out.)

Quote:
Select the line and right click the RIG line and choose Rig editor. And for RSLT, choose the line and click GRID at the bottom. You get pop out windows that you can find the line values in more detail... Find the corresponding joint/slot that matches in TSRW and adjust the value to match.

There's a lot going on in the RSLT -- which values am I supposed to be changing? I assumed I'd be changing the info on the joint that opens the drawer -- in Milkshape it's the 0x02615AE6 bone. But in S3PE I don't see that listed under the Routes/Bones -- instead it just gives the XYZ values for some 0x5D2145D9 bone -- what is that?

I don't see a Rig Editor option for the RIG; it's empty, unless I'm supposed to mess with the hex values. *horror/slasher music plays in the background*
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:04 PM
Hi Murf!

To make things a bit easier for yourself to change stuff, I'd try to use the extra wrappers : (Do make sure to open them with 7zip! WinRAR will corrupt the files!) http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...s/859/index.htm
Then, If you right click on the rig file, you'd see 'RigEditor'. From there, try to look for a IKtarget. IKtargets are objects that are stuck to a sim's hand, like remember that plate being impaled into a sim's hand and then turns around the correct way? Yeah that's an object snapping to the hand... aka IKtargets! :D

Anyways, what I'd do is copy these values. They're from a regular drawer in-game and these values (if you didn't adjust the height of the drawer that's being pulled out) should be the same. If you change the heights, it's always worth trying to tweak them

Given how IKtargets aren't slots, they won't be found in RSLTs so i'd just ignore the RSLT
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 5:41 PM
Just popping in here to say A) thanks for the laugh (meshing related mishaps are always funny, and makes my respect for those who take on the challenge grow by like ten times) and B) I hope you're planning to upload this, because mirrored versions of EA objects are awesome and so useful and i love having them!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hi Murf! To make things a bit easier for yourself to change stuff, I'd try to use the extra wrappers. Then, If you right click on the rig file, you'd see 'RigEditor'. From there, try to look for a IKtarget. IKtargets are objects that are stuck to a sim's hand, like remember that plate being impaled into a sim's hand and then turns around the correct way? Yeah that's an object snapping to the hand... aka IKtargets!

AHHHH!!

No wonder! This is actually answering several questions I had in the back of my mind -- thanks so much!

Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
Just popping in here to say A) thanks for the laugh (meshing related mishaps are always funny, and makes my respect for those who take on the challenge grow by like ten times)

You're welcome, I guess! :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 9:07 PM
Whelp, my rigs are rigged -- all the values are the same.

I even checked the rigs on EA's original dresser, just in case, but they all have the same values. SO CLOSE~~! *shakes fists at the heavens*

I attached the flipped dresser, in case I overlooked something.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MurfeeL_EA's Infinite Dresser Flipped.zip (312.6 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content