Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 11:57 AM
Default Can't delete Christmas presents!
I deleted the Christmas tree and the presents underneath stayed. My sim can interact with them but I cannot delete them in build mode. I also tried the debug cheat of shift, right clicking and clicking either destroy object or reset object. This normally works perfectly for me but ever since Seasons these no longer work! Other than this my game works just fine. All my mods seem to be up to date as well.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:38 AM
yes. Idk why this does it either. I think you have to open the presents completely, or maybe try and put them in your inventory if you have that option. Buttttt, some presents "sank" into the floor of my apartment and yeah, there they are. so I had them move. doesn't fix the problem, but not in the mood to test every random thing right now. And this was while they were celebrating Winterfest in the middle of spring. Repairing the game right now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
yes. Idk why this does it either. I think you have to open the presents completely, or maybe try and put them in your inventory if you have that option. Buttttt, some presents "sank" into the floor of my apartment and yeah, there they are. so I had them move. doesn't fix the problem, but not in the mood to test every random thing right now. And this was while they were celebrating Winterfest in the middle of spring. Repairing the game right now.

I've tried to keep making them open the presents in hopes they'd go away eventually but they're still there as of now. =/

Anyone know why the destroyobject cheat no longer works?
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 12:57 PM
They took it off..
but careful with this cheat, you might never see that object again when placing that tree in this save
better ask on MCCC discord channel how to solve this issue otherwise

but for the cheat to work, if you insist.. use this mod:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=614263
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 6:51 PM
I'm having this issue too!! I can't even put them in inventory! Not clickable when in build/buy mode. AHHH!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 7:21 PM
Just decided to put everything I bought into household inventory then replaced the lot. It was all I could do other than restart completely. And I didn't want to do that. Time consuming, because it was a LOT of plants.... but ugh.
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 9:22 PM
I managed to delete them with the sledgehammer when this happened to me, but I needed to find the right angle/spot to do it. It was impossible to tell when I hit it so I just randomly clicked on it until it managed to delete. LOL

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 4:32 AM
Ah. I tried that and it kept telling me this object can't be deleted
Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 7:51 AM
Since I had been having the same issue, I went to MCCC and it was suggested I use this:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/cheats-fix-get-19645059

hopefully it works until they get the game working again. The present thing is maddening, both with routing (cuz sims can't seem to use the presents in any meaningful way like they can the pile of presents that don't go under the tree) and the fact you can't delete the *&YJKL#L&^%%^K!! thing
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 9:19 PM
Build walls around the present pile and make a small room of 4 squares. Then delete that small room.
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 11:27 PM
I found I had to "open present with" to get them to be fully used up then I could get my sim to throw away the rubbish
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by elixirachel
Build walls around the present pile and make a small room of 4 squares. Then delete that small room.

This is the only solution that actually worked for me. And I tried the cheat fix. I've been trying to delete the presents for MONTHS! Thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
They took it off..
but careful with this cheat, you might never see that object again when placing that tree in this save
better ask on MCCC discord channel how to solve this issue otherwise

but for the cheat to work, if you insist.. use this mod:
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=614263

This worked beautifully until I updated my game to Strangeville. Now, when I try to destroy object it doesn't do anything.
Scholar
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eringobragh22
This worked beautifully until I updated my game to Strangeville. Now, when I try to destroy object it doesn't do anything.

Make sure you re-enabled mods and script mods via Game Options > Other (2 check marks, not one)
they are getting automatically disabled after each time the game updates

after you do that re-download and re-install (delete the older file first, don't replace it)
https://www.patreon.com/posts/22697405