Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night - posted on 15th Jul 2017 at 7:21 PM
Replies: 2370 (Who?), Viewed: 341687 times.
Page 13 of 95
Forum Resident
#301 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkloverplayer
I wish they would open up the movie theater.

I wish teens could work in the movie theater.. isn't being an usher a major teen career? I guess we just have to assume that the simmies "ush" themselves.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
28th Jul 2010 at 7:17 PM
This message has been deleted by qwertyfish11. Reason: removing account
Theorist
#302 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 7:22 PM
It's just the trailer/info sheet and a couple small things... which is strange because I remember that there were about 3 interviews out after about a week of Ambitions release, they're probably waiting for the Q&A

Hi I'm Paul!
Scholar
#303 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 7:50 PM
There was more promo stuff right away for Ambitions. Was the announcement closer to the release date?
Forum Resident
#304 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 8:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzetter
There was more promo stuff right away for Ambitions. Was the announcement closer to the release date?

It was, but not by much. Ambitions was announced on March 4th and came out on June 1st, an 89 day difference. Late Night was announced on July 20th and as of right now, comes out October 26th, a 98 day difference. World Adventures was worse though, the official site has the announcement posted on August 1st, but it had to be announced before then because that was a Saturday, and then came out on November 24th, which, from August 1st to November 24th, is 115 days.
Theorist
#305 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 8:56 PM
Also what annoys me is that we've seen TWO screenshots of FLS and it's being released in 5 weeks! I know SPs don't get much press but seriously you've showed 2 screenshots of a game that is based solely on objects? Anyway at least we don't have long until we get more info (depending on how this Q&A actually goes, who knows if we will get any real information or will it all be "we can't talk about that at this time"

Hi I'm Paul!
Scholar
#306 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 9:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodl95
Also what annoys me is that we've seen TWO screenshots of FLS and it's being released in 5 weeks! I know SPs don't get much press but seriously you've showed 2 screenshots of a game that is based solely on objects? Anyway at least we don't have long until we get more info (depending on how this Q&A actually goes, who knows if we will get any real information or will it all be "we can't talk about that at this time"

This is an EA Sims SP -- maybe those two screenshots contain the whole package. lol
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#307 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 10:30 PM
for all of you attending the Twitter event in half an hours, would any want to assist me in taking note of all the features, traits, items, things to do, etc. for today. write down as many things as possible and post them here, because I;m bound to miss something :p. Even of someone has posted it already, please feel free to write it again, and no this is no excuse for spam! please, and thank you :D
Theorist
#308 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 10:44 PM
It is twitter so it shouldn't be too hard to log the conversation

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#309 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 10:46 PM
you never know, I may over look something :p
Test Subject
DELETED POST
29th Jul 2010 at 10:50 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#310 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:00 PM
http://twitter.com/TheSims3
Here :p
starting soon :D
Theorist
#311 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:03 PM
Yay my question was the 2nd one answered!!! Info... after 2 minutes :P
- Elevators
- New romantic socials include "make a move" and there are new sexy dances (according to grant)
- musical instruments have seperate skills

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
#312 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:04 PM Last edited by Sims MX : 30th Jul 2010 at 12:41 AM.
It has begun! So far:

Careers:
  • There's a new Film Career that has two branches: Director and Actor. There are some cool things you can do out in the town too!
  • Yes, your Sims will sometimes have acting and directing jobs outside the film studio. (AKA film studio rabbit hole)
  • The new film Career shares some of the Ambitions features, much like the Doctor career.
  • We haven't opened up existing rabbit holes.
  • There's a new Teen Celebrity part time job only available to children of celebs
  • We have not added any changes to the existing base game restaurants.

Skills:
  • Guitar/Drums/Bass/Piano all have skills, opportunities, wishes, you name it.
  • Mixology is the other new skill. Create tons of awesome new juice drinks, learn some sweet moves, and even work as a mixologist.
  • We added several new recipes for bars and the new food truck. Hot Wings = Delicious.
  • Yes! You can form bands with others, kick people out, have jam sessions...

Objects:
  • Absolutely! How else would you get to the top floor? Certainly not stairs! (AKA elevators).
  • We have a lot of new objects. Shuffleboard, darts, bubble bar, new professional bars, 3 new instruments, HOT TUBS.
  • No bowling alley, sorry. We wanted to change up a few things for Late Night.
  • Yes! You can woohoo in the hot tub and the elevator.
  • There are a lot of vehicles with fast lane. Maybe 12? I cannot remember the exact number.
  • Yes! The FX machine is AWESOME. It shoots snow, fire, glitter, bubbles...oh man it is so cool.
  • No microphone. We have piano, drums, bass, and of course, still the guitar.
  • Really awesome furniture. our concept team went all out this time. You will love being a celebrity in our comfy new digs.
  • 3 new hot tubs. They look fantastic.
  • The traffic light is a decorative object, so no, we don't have a complex traffic system
  • No DJ booth. We wanted to focus on instruments for now. (EPIC FAIL )

New Hood:
  • It's like Twinbrook, Riverview, or Sunset Valley. You can import your sims using Edit Town if you want to keep the same family. (aka new hood, no sub-hood, yay!)
  • It actually wasn't inspired by New York...
  • No hotels. You live in the new neighborhood, not visit.
  • Weather in the new neighborhood is sunny and bright for now. Advisory warning if you're a vampire.

Apartments:
  • The tall buildings can actually be lived in. If you make enough Simoleons you can even buy one of the luxury high rises.
  • The apartments are extensions of Shells from World Adventures. Big models, but with some floors that can be built and lived in.

Subways:
  • Yes, there are undergrounds, or subways as we call them here in the states.
  • Yes. You go down into the subway and emerge from another one elsewhere in the world.
  • We have several subways through the neighborhood. You can place your own if you want, even on your Sim's home lot.
  • The subway is free UNLESS you get mugged. But...that doesn't happen THAT often. It's faster than driving.

Vampires:
  • Vampires will age, but VERY slowly. Vampires will remain young adults and adults for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time.
  • They won't die from the sun, but it's worse. They must live without their powers until they recover from their blisters.
  • They can go outside into the sun but only at their own peril. It's best to limit their exposure.
  • Vampires can die by thirst!
  • Plasma Packs are a new snack to satisfy a vampires' thirst.
  • "What will vampires do when feed from other sims(i.e. the animation for it)?" > It depends on whether your Sim is romantically involved with them or not.
  • "Were the Vampires influenced by the Twilight Saga in anyway" > No. They are our own creation.
  • Thirst replaces hunger. But, vampires play quite differently than other Sims.
  • "Do you need a high gardening skill to grow plasma fruits? Do you just find the seeds around town?" > No. You can buy seeds or fruit at the store actually. But yes, gardening skill helps.
  • They can read minds, hunt others, and become super powerful very quickly.
  • All children, vampire or no, must go to school. It's the law! Plus, we don't want them to be dumb.
  • Death by Thirst, Old Age...really any death except Hunger.
  • Vampires have a special skin type of sorts (NOT GLITTER). But no, we don't have new "skin types."
  • "does the vampires need to sleep?" Yes. We even added a new special bed for them that's quite haunting. (No coffin?)
  • "Grant, Please tell me the Vamps don't sleep in coffins! Also, can I have a puppy please dad!? LOL" > No, no coffins. They use regular beds and the new vampire altar.
  • We have a vampire cure that is a potion.
  • New ghost! (Death by Thirst)
  • You need to find a vampire, befriend them, and convince them to turn you. I bet the hidden vampire bar is a good place...
  • Vampires have a favorite food. O Positive and yes, new music too.

Build Mode:
  • This is the most simulation driven EP yet. Opportunities are scaled back.
  • You can now build pools on any floor level, circular pools. We added a fountain tool, you can move paintings up and down on wall.
  • Half walls, building inside shell buildings...there is a LOT of build/buy stuff.
  • Yes, you can build new stage platforms. There is also a dance floor.

Parties & Clubs:
  • "Can other sims invite us to parties?" > Yes! We're really excited to finally get NPC hosted parties. Have fun crashing them (which is possible!)
  • If the club has a bouncer you can sneak in, bribe, hack your way in...or get in legitimately with your celeb status.

CAS & Traits:
  • There's a new breast slider for females and new muscle sliders for both genders. Let's just say we've had some funny convos.
  • "Any new facial hair?" > Yes! This was actually a huge request from you guys and we really wanted new facial hair.
  • Yes. New traits are Shy and a new one for Celebrity Sims.
  • "I know there's a Shy trait, but what's this mystery 'Celebrity' one? Can you tell us or is it a surprise?" > It's similar to Eccentric for Inventing. It gives you an edge in being and becoming a celebrity.
  • This time we only added 2 more traits. But we love them too so don't worry. There's also another trait you'll be getting soon...
  • "New trait for fast lane?" Maybe (AKA yes, read before)
  • New outfits, new hair, and the breast slider (for women) and new muscle slider for both genders.
  • Yes, we added a few new tats.

NPCs:
  • No, but you CAN hire a butler. I love asking him for advice
  • No. It's an NPC that lingers around town. (Papparazzo)

Other:
  • Currently the system lets us create ANY car. Fire trucks, racing cars. We prefer this flexibility which we might not otherwise have. (AKA no proper car animations)
  • "Will we have water reflection?" > Yes. Our engineers put in some gorgeous new water reflections. Load up China or Egypt especially -- GORGEOUS.
  • Late Night is all about going out on the town and hanging with friends. Awesome late night experiences. No ocean swimming atm.
  • Here's a HILARIOUS bug we fixed the other day: When a Sim goes to work, his portrait can change into a red-haired man with a moustache
Test Subject
DELETED POST
29th Jul 2010 at 11:05 PM
Forum Resident
#313 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:06 PM
Can someone ask whether there will be any new Professions? I don't want to sign up for a Twitter account for just one question.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Theorist
#314 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:09 PM
OMG Shufffleboard I can finally live out my dream of creating a cruise ship!

Hi I'm Paul!
Theorist
#315 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:10 PM
I'm really confused by this " The apartments are extensions of Shells from World Adventures. Big models, but with some floors that can be built and lived in." it sounds disappointing, so I guess no building appointments

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#316 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:10 PM
Breast sliders!
Quote:
There's a new breast slider for females and new muscle sliders for both genders. Let's just say we've had some funny convos.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#317 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodl95
I'm really confused by this " The apartments are extensions of Shells from World Adventures. Big models, but with some floors that can be built and lived in." it sounds disappointing, so I guess no building appointments

the sphinx and the pyramids are a shell. its a hollow formation that you can build into. There is apartment building if it works the same as shells, but we'll have to wait and see
Top Secret Researcher
#318 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:27 PM
Sounds like we will have the buildings with rooms on certain floors that we can use as an apartment. So we will be able to place walls and furnishings but not have a building full of apartments. I rather like this. I guess the only bad thing is that every city you make will have the same apartments so unless they include some nice retro apartments, you are stuck in modern times. I hope we see some cool NY buildings from the turn of the century as well and steel and glass buildings.
Lab Assistant
#319 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:28 PM
From Twitter:
Question: Were the Vampires influenced by the Twilight Saga in anyway

Answer: No. They are our own creation

Thats good. No sparkleies for us.
Field Researcher
#320 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:32 PM
WHOOOOOOO. This made me more and more excited about Late Night. Sadly, no bowling alleys or microphones. DAMNIT. But, I LOVE the fact that we're getting elevators and shuffleboards. But I wish they had a pool table. Maybe they'll say more :O. OH, and the fact that we can build inside the shells of the apartements to make it look cool inside, and not just a big square outside.

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Mad Poster
#321 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:32 PM
I can't even see the questions; only the answers. So, some of these answers are nonsensical to me, such as, "Anything is possible!"

Other than that, this is truly one hell of an EP. Subways are going to be fun. The lack of a mic is a small setback.
Theorist
#322 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:32 PM
Yes but since when do vampires not die in the sun? MAJOR disappointment for me

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#323 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:35 PM
Underneath the answer, It says how long ago the answer was posted, and who its a reply to. Click on that.
Theorist
#324 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:36 PM
> busy bars
> stage platforms
> half walls

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#325 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 11:36 PM
New Building tools:
Half walls, building inside shell buildings...there is a LOT of build/buy stuff.
You can now build pools on any floor level, circular pools. We added a fountain tool, you can move paintings up and down on wall.

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Page 13 of 95