Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#151 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 3:57 PM
But seriously, I like the Kenspa and the Motorcycle way better than cars, so I'm probally not getting it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#152 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 8:52 PM
look what I found: Here

Interview, and we get to look at some of the items in the game.
Looks cool. gets my approval!
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 9:25 PM
Is there more than 1 car per theme, the classic luxury theme looks quite nice, but if there's only one car in it, Not worth it...
Theorist
#154 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 9:36 PM
Is that a new motorcycle I see?

I think Grant said from Twitter that there are like 12 new cars or something in this SP....

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#155 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 9:41 PM
Yep. He said 12. As Grant said on the Twitter takeover, that "since cars don't have proper animations, we can have a nice wide variety of cars to make." So, this means we will NEVER get proper animations. Unless they go and make a MASSIVE update to give every car it's own animation. But knowing EA, thye're not going to do that.
Top Secret Researcher
#156 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 9:58 PM
So, according to what-is-his-name the lack of animations is really a good thing because they can then throw into the game whatever they want without worrying whether it works or not. Salary well-earned!
Mad Poster
#157 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:35 PM
no, it just gives them variety. I'm not bothered by Sims not using a car animations. Its adds to the level of realism, but at least they have a legitimate reason for not including them (unlike the other excuses that have been thrown around lately)
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:37 PM
The only reason I will be getting this stuff pack:

YAY!
Forum Resident
#159 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:43 PM
What the Hell, Matrix54? Is that really nescesary (sp?)?!
Mad Poster
#160 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 11:26 PM
it was an accident. Internet speed dropped and I though it wasn't going through. too many clicks... whoops :P
Top Secret Researcher
#161 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
What the Hell, Matrix54? Is that really nescesary (sp?)?!

sp: necessary
I think his/her browser stuck somehow and he/she kept pushing the "submit message" button.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
no, it just gives them variety. I'm not bothered by Sims not using a car animations. Its adds to the level of realism, but at least they have a legitimate reason for not including them (unlike the other excuses that have been thrown around lately)

I am not going to bitch how badly I want the car animations back, but this variety means nothing more than another "shiny" object. I don't know how legitimate their excuses are; all I can see is laziness and fast delivered stuff that we are called to pay at the same price we paid when they actually used to work on them -- not much, but a lot more than they do now.
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 12:35 AM
4 Different styles seems more than what we normally get in Stuff Packs, which COULD mean we may be getting more objects in this one than normal.
Theorist
#163 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 12:58 AM
Yes but you know those little snapshots of each "theme" that we've seen? More than likely that is all the objects we'll be getting per theme, they don't hide much when it comes to stuff packs.... what you see is what you get and no more.....

Not to mention that there are 12 cars and according to EA's crazy pricing vehicles are worth a lot more than normal objects (Really EA? 2$ for a virtual bicycle?)

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#164 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:25 AM
it was an accident. Internet speed dropped and I though it wasn't going through. too many clicks... whoops :P

lol, sorry
Test Subject
#165 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:59 AM
I could do without. Really, the sole reason I ever purchase the SP in Sims 3 is because you can't DL a decent house without it having them listed. However, it looks nice. But still, It'll take me a good four or five months to cave in.
Mad Poster
#166 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 6:23 AM
I'm not a car person, but I'll be getting it. I could have used some of the cars already in my game like when I was picking a car for Cornelia Goth but none of the pre-made cars or the downloaded ones were screaming "rich old snobby lady", so she ended up getting a hummer. But some of the older cars would have suited her, plus I do like some of the rockabilly outfits we saw. Hopefully there is more in the pack so what we saw is not all we get. I wish they would bring back showing off the stuff pack items like they did in TS2. Where in the SP's web page they would list all the object the stuff pack included, and you could see pics of them.
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
Also, I didn't know female sims could even have that much cleavage without the breast sliders. Wouldn't be surprised if that was photoshopped.

Maybe they used the new breast sliders that will come with 'Late Night', unless this SP is being released before...

Quote: Originally posted by MarkJS
The only reason I will be getting this stuff pack:

YAY!

Completely agree! That motorcycle looks amazing.
It'd be cool if they added helicopters and private jets, although I highly doubt it. They might add something similar in LN (wishfull thinking). :P

BRAINSTRIP | The media lab.
Forum Resident
#168 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 11:55 PM
Only one month to go! I know I'm being too optimistic, but whatever
Instructor
#169 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 5:41 AM
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I'll post it here for those that don't know it yet.

Today I extracted the basegame's STBL file in order to fix some spelling mistakes. I was about to close the file when I found this interesting bit at the very end:

Code:
"0x7B155A688232738E","Vehicle Enthusiast"
"0x04B2D7B98F797B04","Vehicle enthusiasts enjoy the craftsmanship of a fine ride and know the value of a dependable vehicle. Their relationship with their vehicles is a special one."
"0x29293A4CFE72C2D2","Sims build relationships with vehicles more quickly."
"0xFBF337CBF8624CD0","• Your Sim will build relationships with vehicles more quickly."
"0xFBF337CBF8624CD1","• Your Sim can automatically name vehicles."

This means that we're getting a new trait in Fast Lane and it will be something like Green Thumb (Sims talk to plants).
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 9:34 AM
Thanks fo the info, Sims MX, I would have bet they'd add that trait since Grant hinted at it on Twitter!
Mad Poster
#171 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 1:40 PM
vehicle... relationship O.O
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 2:21 PM
vehicle... relationship O.O

Bow chicka bow wow.
Field Researcher
#173 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Helmasaur
Bow chicka bow wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q7FFjUpVLg

Theorist
#174 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 5:49 PM
It's little more than a store set on a disc. With a trait.
Where are the fruits of this non-animation route they are taking?
I just think that if they are completely shutting out vehicle door animations, then they could at least give us unique vehicles or adding cars on lots...
Something like a Delorean, a KITT, a starsky and hutch torino, or a Mclaren MP4 would be good.
Helicopters or air balloons too. Hmmm.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#175 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
It's little more than a store set on a disc. With a trait.
Where are the fruits of this non-animation route they are taking?
I just think that if they are completely shutting out vehicle door animations, then they could at least give us unique vehicles or adding cars on lots...
Something like a Delorean, a KITT, a starsky and hutch torino, or a Mclaren MP4 would be good.
Helicopters or air balloons too. Hmmm.

A trait is more than we usually get. In general, stuff packs are a giant rip-off. Of course I'll buy this one cause I want those cars...and because I'm an idiot with a Gamestop giftcard burning a hole in my pocket.

ps. Dear EA/Santa. I'd like one of these, please.

Page 7 of 12