Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 5:19 PM Last edited by theAman : 28th Jul 2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Turned into help thread so...
Town Life Patch Help Thread
I'm not updating till my mods are updated. You? What do you think it will break/bring?

Update: Here's the description from Sims website

"Hence why I stay the hell away from bicycles"
-justin1010
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 5:20 PM
Thanks for the info I will go get it right away before everyone else clogs up the servers lol!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 5:51 PM
Great news- please don't forget everyone to backup your Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 folder before installing this, and remove your mods before playing. Check with the creators for information on whether your mods/ CC are compatible with this new patch.

CAW users- you will most likely need to wait until EA release an updated version of CAW before it will work with this patch; backup your CAW userdata before doing anything.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 5:52 PM
That's a lot of fixes... I wonder what broke now :p

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 5:53 PM
I'm not updating till my fave mods get the OK

-justin1010
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 6:06 PM
Not for me. I don't see a note that says:

-Removed Romance Reputation because it's FUBAR

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by theAman
-The wish to “Ride a Spring Rider” will no longer always appear after the interaction to ride a spring rider has been canceled.

I thought that was intentional. My children always wanted to ride more when I took them off.

Some good fixes though. Maybe the Daycare career will work now.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 6:55 PM
Finally (: There was a lot of those errors, that have been corrected, that i've been cursing about ever since generations came out :D
Can't wait to get my game updated.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 7:22 PM
Thanks for the info, I just patched my game, so lets see how true all this is!!!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 7:23 PM
That is one long list for Generations. So glad I didnt rush out and buy it. Now it's the waiting game for mods to be updated. I don't think I can ever go back to vanilla gameplay...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 7:35 PM
anyone who updated see any problems with or without mods?

-justin1010
Forum Resident
#12 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 7:59 PM
Only mods that I use that are updated are Velocity's no mosaic mod, and memory mod. I haven't played yet, trying to check and see which of my mods are updated and add those too. Twallan's havent been just yet, but he's super quick about updating his mods, so not worried about that at all. So maybe I'll play partially vanilla (with a little nuts sprinkled here and there), until my game is fully back and running. there's some new custom worlds I wanted to check out anyway.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 8:11 PM
Wait a second!! I just saw that sims can no longer have a "negative amount of memories in there scrapbook"? Does that mean the no memories mod can't work? I really hope that's not what it means, the save files with memories is atrocious!!! Barely playable!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 8:40 PM
it means you can't have -6 memories in the scrap book

-justin1010
Scholar
#15 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 8:43 PM
I'll be waiting to install this for a few days, probably in a week or so when Twallan's mods are for sure updated.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Wait a second!! I just saw that sims can no longer have a "negative amount of memories in there scrapbook"? Does that mean the no memories mod can't work? I really hope that's not what it means, the save files with memories is atrocious!!! Barely playable!!!

Nah, I imagine Shimrod's mod works like Velocitygrasses. It just removes the "IsLifeEvent" tag from events, so they don't get flagged as memories.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Scholar
#17 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 9:20 PM
"The Imaginary Friend doll can no longer be buried in Sandboxes to prevent the Sim from losing it forever."

Sad. What if I actually want to lose it forever? That was the easiest method so far.
Inventor
#18 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 9:22 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 25th Jul 2011 at 9:56 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
Nah, I imagine Shimrod's mod works like Velocitygrasses. It just removes the "IsLifeEvent" tag from events, so they don't get flagged as memories.

I haven't actually checked, but I believe Shimrod's no memory mod sets the maximum number of memories from 300 to 0.

Btw, skimming over the changed GameplayData.package files I noticed that they've added new auto venue placements for a town called "Hidden Springs". I guess that will be the name of a new town in the store, unless it somehow found its way in early from Pets by accident.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
I haven't actually checked, but I believe Shimrod's no memory mod sets the maximum number of memories from 300 to 0.

Yep, you're right. I just checked. Oh well, ignore what I said earlier then. I guess that is an easier way of doing it if you just want to turn them off.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 10:23 PM Last edited by HarVee : 25th Jul 2011 at 10:53 PM.
Thanks for the information.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#21 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 11:04 PM
Quite a long list. At least they bothered to give us a list this time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass

Btw, skimming over the changed GameplayData.package files I noticed that they've added new auto venue placements for a town called "Hidden Springs". I guess that will be the name of a new town in the store, unless it somehow found its way in early from Pets by accident.

Or they're hidden springs. It could be a town for Town Life suff(unlikely)

-justin1010
#23 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 11:08 PM
"Sims who are on fire will no longer be forced to attend graduation before they can put themselves out."

well I lol'd ....
Field Researcher
#24 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 11:25 PM
i wasn't even aware of 99% of those errors and i already thought the game was super buggy...ho hum
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 2:16 AM
I can't even patch mine because it gets to 99.99% every time and says "An error has occoured" or something like that.
Page 1 of 5