Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 6:29 PM Last edited by Gurra09 : 15th Sep 2016 at 7:00 PM.
Default Perfect Genetics challenge
"Once upon a time, the Mighty Player sent a Sim to live in the world where all its creations were living happily. But this very Sim had something special that no other Sims had, unique eyes that nobody before had seen anything alike and a hair colour that astonished everyone who saw it. They were destined by their creator to give birth to a heir with the same special looks who would get the same task until the genes had prospered for 10 generations. But their creator wouldn't let them pass that easy, because those with the perfect genes would forever hate their own children."

Welcome to the Perfect Genetics challenge!

This is a challenge for The Sims 3, created by me and my friend Henkla. Easily described it has one main goal; you should create a sim with a unique hair and eye colour, and make it to the 10th generation without losing the genes. More detailed rules you may find below. No cheats are allowed when you play if you follow the rules to 100%, the exceptions are moveobjects, resetsim and building cheats if needed.

Create your Sim
Your first sim is the one who will start the challenge, and you are allowed to make them almost any way you want em to be, but there are a few rules:
- your Sim must be YA or Adult
- your Sim must have an extraordinary hair colour (i.e. white, purple, neon green)
- your Sim must have an extraordinary eye colour (i.e. red, pink, yellow)
- your Sim must have the Dislikes Children trait and four other traits which are chosen randomly by the game.

Tips: Make your sim truly unique even when it comes to other things than hair and eyes. Give them special clothing that follows some theme or that are just plain weird.

Give your Sim a house
When it comes to housing there are no rules, you are free to build anything you want to!

Tips: If you want your family to be a little different, build a special house for them like a castle or an outdoor camping place! Or they could have just an ordinary family home. Keeping dead family members in a family graveyard on the lot can be very fun.

Partner, Children and Heirs
Your sim are free to marry any sim, and have as many children as possible. But there are some rules to follow:
- your partner may be a sim made in CAS by you or another player as long as they do NOT have your special genes (relatives to your founder are ok to marry, though)
- every time you have the opportunity to choose traits for your Sim you must click the Random button
- the heir, the child who is going to continue the family, MUST have both the unique hair and eye colours. This sim has one exception to the previous rule, in that that one of their traits must be Dislikes Children
- Sims may adopt, but adopted children won't be allowed as heirs (since they won't have the perfect genetics)
- you are not allowed to dye Sim's hairs or changing their eye colour to make them heirs, a heir must be born as a heir

Quote: Originally posted by Gurra09
The Clone Voucher lifetime reward is ONLY allowed if you can meet BOTH of these criteria:
- if female: Your heir has become an Elder; if male: Your heir has reached 90 days of age (if you have mods changing who can get pregnant, female = sims who can; male = sims who can't)
- your sim is unable to buy or create a Young Again potion

So; if your sim that is supposed to get a heir is an elderly female or a dying male, and they don't have the knowledge or 70 000 lifetime points to get the Young Again potion, your sim may get a Clone Voucher. Otherwise not.

Tip: Get your heirs woohoo:ing as fast as possible, because you never know how many children it will take until you have one with the perfect genes. One of my sims had 9 children, then she had to drink a Young Again potion, marry a new partner, and have 3 more children before the family had a heir.

Goal of the Challenge
The Perfect Genetics challenge have one very easy goal:
- you win when you have given birth to a sim with the perfect genes in the 10th generation

Tips: Have fun while playing!

Extra Challenge (Optional)
If you want your Perfect Genetics challenge to be even harder, you can add an extra element:
- In addition to eye and hair colour, also give your sim a unique skin colour (blue, green or red)
- This means that there are three criterias for a sim to be your heir; skin, eye and hair colour

Additional rules with Pets EP (Optional)
Do your perfect sims want to have a perfect pet? Well then, why not?
- When creating your first sim in CAS, also create a pet of any kind you like, it could be a horse, a cat, or a dog.
- The pet should not be of any of the pre-designed breed but special, just like your sim. For example, if your sim has purple hair your pet shall have purple fur, if your sim has red eyes your pet shall have red eyes.
- Your pet shall also breed and get heirs just like your sims. There is no generational end for the pet part of the family, they should just keep on breeding heirs of the next pet generation until the sim part of the family has reached the 10th generation.

Perfect Genetics-Midnight Sun Challenge
This combination of my two Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun has grown popular in the Swedish sims community.
In that combination challenge you just follow the rules of both challenges, except for the MSC 5 generations rule, since PG is 10 generations. It's very funny and I do recommend it if you're looking for a really hard but fun challenge!

Creator of the Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun Challenges.
Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 6:53 AM
This sounds like fun! I love making cool hair/eye colors too, so I'm going to give this a shot :D
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Sep 2011 at 7:14 AM
I'm sort of mixing this together with the "Dead walk in Riverview" challenge. Makes a fun black window/er with child raising issues. My first gen heir is sort of adorable and already pregnant with her first child. I'll post pictures as soon as I'm on gen three I'm thinking. If you don't mind that is.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 2:32 PM
Can we change any eye/hair colors that occur because of the 10% chance of genetic mutation. I'm already 7 children in, if not for it she would have had an heir, darnit!
It's totally fun though :D. I'll be posting pictures soo. :3
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 1:13 AM
Dose it matter if we cheat, with the needs? *just thought I'd ask*

Don't Cry for me I'm ordinary and unimportant
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 12:26 PM
I don't really care what you do in your games, but if you want to follow the challenge rules I have answers for you.

Weisskreuz: Simply no. Haha. Since the heir finding is the only challenge in this challenge really, your sim should have 20 children if that's what your sim is destined to.

Don'tCryForMe: Nope, no cheats allowed. Only moveobjects, resetsim and building cheats.

Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 12:50 PM
aw damn then I have to restart... I cheated in a relationship lol (that sounds wrong) I cheated to get a relationship (better I guess)

Don't Cry for me I'm ordinary and unimportant
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 1:35 AM
Erk, neighborhood corrupted...and the families gone...darn. Well anyway. I started over and my children are still defective. *Sigh* here are pictures.

This was her first incarnation (R.I.P) Her name is Europa Elaine. I have no elaborate back story for her unfortunately.

This is her second after the corruption. I had forgotten the first time around that you had to have them dress elaborately. So I spiced her up a bit, but I don't have many any fantasy clothes so I just used a dress from the Store and then dyed it neon hues. Her eyes are still bright pink. But they didn't match with the outfit so I put contacts in.

Her eldest; Graciela, she didn't get anything...but she makes funny faces all the time so I forgive her.

This is her son Jayden. So close, yet so far away.

Europa has two more children (twins). One has Hot pink eyes like her mother the other Blonde hair and green eyes like her father...great. She's pregnant again, I bought the Fertility Treatment LFR so maybe I'll get lucky with some triplet action.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 1:35 PM
Ooh, I'm giving this a try
Instructor
#10 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 3:36 AM
Do we have to care for the other children and make them grow up right?
Or can they be slave children and clean the elaborate mansion?
Also, can they adopt? (Obviously the child won't be the heir, but they could help around the house, get a job etc.)
And I'm guessing makeovers are out of the question?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 7:55 PM
My brother got Sims 3 working on his computer again for me today so I'm TOTALLY going to try this!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Oct 2011 at 9:53 PM
Hi!

Weisskreuz: I love your family, and your start sim is beautiful. Hehe.

lorenrose1013: Well you don't have to care for the other children if you don't want too. Actually you don't have to take care of the heir either, as long as it gets the Dislikes Children trait and doesn't die (because then you'll have to have a new heir, right?). And no, they can't adopt - this is a challenge of making your children hating Sims to give birth to babies then they shouldn't get away with adopting them! And makeovers are okay if you do not change their genetics by doing so, which means hair dying is out of question.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 2:47 AM Last edited by LadyKombucha : 16th Oct 2011 at 4:57 AM.
I've never played a challenge before, but it seems like fun so I thought I'd give it a go.

My 1st gen character is peridia clanaghan (see what I did there?) she has lime green with blue streaked hair and luminous green eyes. She's just finished her first pregnancy, and knock me down with a feather, she had triplets! All girls: Chloe, connie and cassie. They're toddlers now; ones a perfect heir, the other 2 only have the hair. Still, looks like I've been lucky!
The only time I've ever had triplets before is when both parents have had the fertility LTR. You should have seen my face! 8-O lol

<- My Simself, Kelly Ovenden. Life Stage: YA Traits: Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Couch Potato, Grumpy, Nurturing
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lady_Kombucha/mystudio
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:39 AM
I decided to try it out and lucked out on my sim's first pregnancy!

My founder: Rachel Williams. She's sweet, she's innocent, and the last thing you will ever see is the inside of her bedroom. (She rolled a wish to see her partner's ghost after their first woo-hoo...)

She ended up having twins. A boy, Thomas who got his father's hair and eye color:

And a girl, Alessa who got her mother's hair and eyes.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 5:41 AM
hehe, first woohoo was that bad?
what hair does the boy have? its adorable!

<- My Simself, Kelly Ovenden. Life Stage: YA Traits: Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Couch Potato, Grumpy, Nurturing
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Oct 2011 at 8:28 AM
The boy has HystericalParoxysm's Cherub Curley Hair found here. It's an MTS link and I've had no trouble with the hair at all. <3 Use it a lot in my male toddlers because it just looks adorable on them.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:34 PM
I've been playing this challenge for a few days now and I'm having a blast with it so far. My founder, Mary Christopher, has purple hair and red eyes, and her traits (besides Dislikes Children) are Angler, Athletic, Bookworm and Charasmatic. She got married to the actor named Matthew in Bridgeport (can't remember his original lastname, he took on hers). She ended up with five kids before she got an heir--a boy (who got Evil and Genius as his first traits, which made me happy), and two pairs of twin girls. The youngest twin of the youngest set, Stella, finally got the right coloring--and just in time, too, since I was really getting tired of having to take care of toddlers, heh. Stella's a genius and easily impressed, and her and her twin, Shelly, are having their age transition to children in a few days, which I can't wait for! They'll be aging up the same time as their mother (to Elder) and older brother (to Teen). I have a feeling their birthday's going to be pretty busy for me...
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:13 PM
Just for clarification, no mods allowed either, that's part of 'cheat', right?
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:17 AM
Actually you don't have to take care of the heir either, as long as it gets the Dislikes Children trait

also . . . the heir has to have that trait too? Hair/eyes/AND the dislikes children trait?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:25 AM
galixea, mods are allowed as long as they aren't 'cheating mods', I hope you understand me. And yes, the heir should have the hair, eyes, and dislikes children trait.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 2:59 PM
Would using the Clone Voucher lifetime award count as cheating if you used it either as the way to get another "heir" or to prolong the life of one of your heirs?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:34 PM
The Clone Voucher is ONLY allowed if you can meet these criteria:
- if female: Your heir has become an Elder; if male: Your heir has reached 90 days of age

So; if your sim that is supposed to get a heir is an elderly female or a dying male, and he or she doesn't have the knowledge or 70 000 lifetime points to buy the Young Again potion, your sim may get a Clone Voucher. Otherwise not.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 12:39 AM
When the Pets expansion arrived I saw new possibilites for this challenge, and added a little extra part for that expansion to the rules.

Additional rules with Pets EP
Do your perfect sims want to have a perfect pet? Well then, why not?
- When creating your first sim in CAS, also create a pet of any kind you like, it could be a horse, a cat, or a dog.
- The pet should not be of any of the pre-designed breed but special, just like your sim. For example, if your sim has purple hair your pet shall have purple fur, if your sim has red eyes your pet shall have red eyes.
- Your pet shall also breed and get heirs just like your sims. There is no generational end for the pet part of the family, they should just keep on breeding heirs of the next pet generation until the sim part of the family has reached the 10th generation.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 4:46 PM
The Clone Voucher is ONLY allowed if you can meet these criteria:
- if female: Your heir has become an Elder; if male: Your heir has reached 90 days of age

So; if your sim that is supposed to get a heir is an elderly female or a dying male, and he or she doesn't have the knowledge or 70 000 lifetime points to buy the Young Again potion, your sim may get a Clone Voucher. Otherwise not.

This is a bit late, but thanks for the reply!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 5:46 PM
i just started playing mine again today. my 2nd generation heir, Chloe, is pregnant for the first time. fingers crossed!

Page 1 of 46