Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 7:28 PM
Default WCIF Longer dusk and dawn for Spookymuffin's lighting mod?
Hello, Ihave been searching for this mod for over a year...I have even attempted this myself (with no success). I hope the gracious people of this forum can work miracles =P

I am looking for a way to adjust Spookymuffin's lighting mod (located here: http://www.digitalperversion.net/gar...p?topic=7999.0) so i can LENGTHEN the hours of dusk and dawn every day. In the game...dawn only lasts an hour from 6pm to 7pm...this sucks because the lighting is way too beautiful to only last such a short time.

Please please help if you can, I would really appreciate this!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 10:21 PM
Does SpookyMuffin still post on GOS at all? Perhaps you could message her and ask for a tutorial on how to edit the length of time. I too would like them to be longer because they are very pretty.

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Site Helper
#3 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 11:25 PM
When I looked into the lighting.txt file, I didn't see any indication that the times can be changed. It looks like SpookyMuffin just enabled and fixed a feature which was shipped disabled and possibly broken. The times are probably stored somewhere else, either inside of one of the moddable packages, or inside of the game engine itself.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 2:31 AM
So there is no way in fixing it? Is there a different mod that has what I am looking for? I think the dawn and dusk would work perfectly for post apocalyptic neighborhoods
Site Helper
#5 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 3:00 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 19th Sep 2011 at 3:19 AM.
I don't know whether there's some way to fix it. What I know is that the times (6 am - 7 am and 6 pm - 7 pm) are not inside of SpookyMuffin's mod, which just contains changes to the lighting.txt file. It looks like SM just turned on the existing (disabled) dawn and dusk functionality, then fixed up the lighting for them. The times are coming from somewhere else.

If there are mods which allow you to change the time for daylight (6 am) and nighttime (6 pm), then they should give us a clue how to adjust the timing for dawn and dusk. However, I don't think that I've ever seen a mod like that for Sims 2.

Of course, you should be able to change the daytime lighting so that it looks like dawn and the nighttime lighting so that it looks like dusk by just modifying the lighting.txt file. Is that what you're looking for?

Here's a thread which might be relevant:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=452215
Unfortunately, the original poster was so obnoxious that the thread was closed without resolution. However, you could try some of the suggestions in the thread:
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
As far as I know, you cannot change the times of night and day. What you can do is edit the lighting. Perhaps its a possibility to use one of the lighting hacks and make the transition time of the sunrise and sunset longer?

Where the game is installed, in ..\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Lights\Lighting.txt:

change day-night light cycle transition duration: change the 2 instances of "transitionTimes 2 100" to: "transitionTimes 30 100"

...or however long you want the sunset/sunrise to last. 30 (seconds in reality but minutes in gametime) is pretty close to reality but set it to whatever you want. For some reason Maxis decided to make the day/night light transition so short (2 seconds) that it looks very unrealistic.

Note that the day-night transition button in buy/build mode will be affected, as well as the light fade transition for rooms with/without no doors/windows and when adding lights. (Light fading doesn't seem to increase when speeding up time either.)
There's also this thread, which includes links to several other lighting threads:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=1696618
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 4:18 AM
Thanks mootilda! I'll look into it =P