Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#8601 Old 25th May 2012 at 11:55 PM
I just learned that if your sim goes to work in a really bad mood, they can get fired for 'poor work performance'. -.-
Advertisement
Scholar
#8602 Old 26th May 2012 at 4:37 AM
That this song would be right at home in the game. It practically begs to be smustled along to :D

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Test Subject
#8603 Old 26th May 2012 at 5:03 AM
That you can report the pickpocketer from BV for foul play, using the community phone
Mad Poster
#8604 Old 26th May 2012 at 5:14 AM
I have heard this, and I've seen pics of it from others' games, but I never see the option in my own game. Anyone know the specific criteria for getting the option to report the UC for nefarious activity?
Mad Poster
#8605 Old 26th May 2012 at 5:53 AM
Nope... though I do know you can get the option for 'fisticuffs' if he robs you.
Mad Poster
#8606 Old 26th May 2012 at 6:10 AM
Haven't seen that one either, darn it.
Mad Poster
#8607 Old 26th May 2012 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Haven't seen that one either, darn it.

I have - it was when I made a townie temporarily selectable after she had been robbed. I clicked on the Unsavory Charlatan, and the option for 'Fisticuffs' came up.
Mad Poster
#8608 Old 26th May 2012 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
I have heard this, and I've seen pics of it from others' games, but I never see the option in my own game. Anyone know the specific criteria for getting the option to report the UC for nefarious activity?

I've only seen the "report foul play" option on the phone the Sims use to call the taxi on community lot come up right after after he actually robs someone.
Mad Poster
#8609 Old 26th May 2012 at 11:13 AM
Have you guys ever noticed that when a sim that has around six or more nice points is chatting with a totally grouchy sim, that the grouchy sim has a higher opinion of the nice sim than the nice sim has of the grouchy one? I have an infallibly good playable warlock college student who happens to also be a werewolf(got a mod to prevent complete personality change) and an alien, and he's chatting with an atrociously evil head witch. I made her selectable a few times and right now when I look in her relationships tab, it shows her relationship with my student to be 42/-10 while his relationship with her is 30/-13.

Do you see this as her being extremely vain, or maybe lonely? She doesn't have that many friends, and she has very few personality points... possibly almost a zombie-personality. I'd like to have someone move her in and possibly break her out of her shell. She may be a total surly slob and a grouch, but she's still a sim. Heck... can't really bring myself to cowplant anyone(except to resurrect with the resurrectonomicron and just pay a little lower than perfect to bring back a sim with a less-stunted personality).
Mad Poster
#8610 Old 26th May 2012 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I have - it was when I made a townie temporarily selectable after she had been robbed. I clicked on the Unsavory Charlatan, and the option for 'Fisticuffs' came up.

And when a Sim does mix it up with him, you should hear the music.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Forum Resident
#8611 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:16 PM
A party guest will autonomously spray bug spray on cockroaches. Vidcund Curios was a guest at the Smith's son's birthday party. I noticed that Johnny Smith was by the garbage can sobbing and stomping on the the bugs. After I had him pick up the garbage can and the garbage Vidcund walked over and started spraying the bugs....I thought that was nice of him

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Beautiful Dinosaur
#8612 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
They can't initiate the action (I don't think; never had it come up), but an active sim sometimes has the option of "tutoring for simoleans."

I thought this was only available to high logic sims? All my logical uni sims make quite a bit from tutoring the dormies (if they can manage to actually complete a whole assignment!).

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Mad Poster
#8613 Old 26th May 2012 at 7:17 PM
Elder Sims can still Classic Dance.

Darren Dreamer and Cassandra Goth are now Elders. Cassandra rolled the want to Classic Dance with Darren, and I thought I would try. She still could and filled the want.
Mad Poster
#8614 Old 26th May 2012 at 7:31 PM
Wait, you could direct it? Goz and Kitty are always wanting to classic dance each other, but they can only do it spontaneously; I can't tell them to. No fair!

I haven't tried it since the recent crash; I wonder if maybe that limitation was corrected in M&G?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8615 Old 26th May 2012 at 7:40 PM
I have Apartment Life (patched) and Mansions and Gardens (no patch available) and use the Mansions and Gardens disc to play the game. I don't know if that makes a difference. I was able to direct it the same way as when they were adults.
Scholar
#8616 Old 26th May 2012 at 10:42 PM
I had a sim roll a fear of his own death. I've had that happen before. But then again, I've never played a sim who is constantly starving to death.
Mad Poster
#8617 Old 26th May 2012 at 11:06 PM
I actually had a teen Sim roll a want to win the Undead scholarship. I blinked and was like, "what? Excuse me?"

Never had zombies in my game. Once they're dead--that's it.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Top Secret Researcher
#8618 Old 27th May 2012 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I actually had a teen Sim roll a want to win the Undead scholarship. I blinked and was like, "what? Excuse me?"

Never had zombies in my game. Once they're dead--that's it.

Vampires?

I usually don't make zombies unless it's for gits and shiggles.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Field Researcher
#8619 Old 27th May 2012 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus
I thought this was only available to high logic sims? All my logical uni sims make quite a bit from tutoring the dormies (if they can manage to actually complete a whole assignment!).

Tutoring for sims is actually grade dependent, I think
Scholar
#8620 Old 27th May 2012 at 4:54 AM
I discovered that sims with high body points have the option of doing yoga on coffee tables:

It can also lead to some awkward situations:

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#8621 Old 27th May 2012 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
Vampires?

I usually don't make zombies unless it's for gits and shiggles.

I don't do supernaturals. I don't mind Servos, but I consider them robots, almost like Data from Star Trek Next Generation--they THINK they're Sims.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#8622 Old 27th May 2012 at 9:25 AM
I love quite a few of the supernaturals, and it's kinda hard to imagine someone not liking at the very least the good witches because they can be so beneficial to other sims. Besides that, if I had those kinds of powers I could just study all night and be refreshed every morning for school - I've had a hard life, and a break like that would be so welcome. Besides that I'd love it if I could have a boyfriend who would get probeded and understand what it's like for a woman.
Top Secret Researcher
#8623 Old 27th May 2012 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I love quite a few of the supernaturals, and it's kinda hard to imagine someone not liking at the very least the good witches because they can be so beneficial to other sims. Besides that, if I had those kinds of powers I could just study all night and be refreshed every morning for school - I've had a hard life, and a break like that would be so welcome. Besides that I'd love it if I could have a boyfriend who would get probeded and understand what it's like for a woman.

Personally, I never saw alien abduction in the Sims game as a punishment for anything. Might be a personal bias for it, but I always saw it as a blessing. It is a rare chance of being picked up, and being chosen to host an extraterrestrial fetus out of anyone else that night seems to be an honor.

Like I said, I'm biased.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Instructor
#8624 Old 27th May 2012 at 4:16 PM
Two Sims can't marry/get engaged to each other if one of their parents were to marry the other's parent.
Is it because they became step siblings as soon as their parent's joined? It's not like they're related by blood all of a sudden.

My Sims still have three bolts for each other, but for some reason, they can't flirt, kiss or date each other. Only friendly interactions, no intimate ones. They don't even have the "family member" mark in their relationship thumbnails!

My male Sims are...Simulicious!
Test Subject
#8625 Old 27th May 2012 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by McChoclatey
Two Sims can't marry/get engaged to each other if one of their parents were to marry the other's parent.
Is it because they became step siblings as soon as their parent's joined? It's not like they're related by blood all of a sudden.

My Sims still have three bolts for each other, but for some reason, they can't flirt, kiss or date each other. Only friendly interactions, no intimate ones. They don't even have the "family member" mark in their relationship thumbnails!

While I haven't used this mod yet, I still have it in my game for situations like these.
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-918.html
I think it's silly that people wouldn't romance because their parents are married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
I would never bash Sims 3 players , my parents taught me to have empathy for those that are (much) less fortunate than myself.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 345 of 619