Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Link Ninja
#13551 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 4:53 PM
I haven't even used solar panels yet and I have gotten messages about Green energy and reduced bills. What else causes green energy? Just recycling and composting by itself?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#13552 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 5:01 PM
All I know of is solar panels and windmills for Green Energy to reduced your Sims bills.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#13553 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Thanks guys. "Custom Paintings" eh? Woulda thought I looked there ... off to check.

I have a wide variety of custom paintings for my Sims to paint - but be mindful that there is a size limitation on the original jpgs - if the file is too large, it won't show up properly in the custom selection box.
Mad Poster
#13554 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I haven't even used solar panels yet and I have gotten messages about Green energy and reduced bills. What else causes green energy? Just recycling and composting by itself?

I've had custom content items that seem to have been cloned from the solar panels or windmills pop up that message.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#13555 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 9:49 PM
Default Clothing in a .sims2pack file?
I downloaded a bikini from TSR and was surprised to find it came as a .sims2pack file. Why would anyone upload an item of clothing as a .sims2pack file? All the other items of clothing I've ever downloaded came as .package files to put into my Downloads folder. I'm just a little suspicious (especially in view of TSR's previous reputation), but I suppose the creator might have a reason for doing it that way. I haven't installed it yet. Any thoughts?
Site Helper
#13556 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 10:02 PM
I've seen very few Sims2Pack files that weren't lots, but there's no reason why you can't make a Sims2Pack with clothing. Just use the Clean Installer to see what's inside of the Sims2Pack before installing.
Top Secret Researcher
#13557 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:15 PM
Well, OddSim's Sims 2 objects are in a Sims2Pack format, although since he dropped out of making Sims stuff really early in The Sims 2 life cycle, I guess that's not unusual. I don't know whether he had much experience with SimPE. He made a lot of stuff for The Sims 1 though.
Site Helper
#13558 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:58 PM
The main point is that a Sims2Pack is just a container. There's nothing intrinsically good or bad about CC in a Sims2Pack; you just need to examine the contents to make sure that you don't get anything nasty, and to extract what you want into your game.
Mad Poster
#13559 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 1:30 AM
Lots and Sims always seem to come in a Sims2Pack for me. But the Clean Installer will show you what's in them so you can pick and choose.
Field Researcher
#13560 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 5:55 AM
I've also had some dresses that came as sims2packs.

---

Question: If I have a family with a vampire and they want to move into a house, will it be automatically night when they arrive just like it is always morning in the base game?
Mad Poster
#13561 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 8:33 AM
My TSR download was ok. The .sims2pack file contained only the one .package file, and it showed up ok in Body Shop. (Only problem was that I then decided I didn't like it! )

The creator concerned may not be TSR's best; some other clothing by him didn't show up for me at all. I suspect it uses a Maxis mesh from another EP, but I could see nothing in the description to say what mesh it used or what EP(s) might be needed.
Field Researcher
#13562 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 9:27 AM
@aliceclaire It would be morning It's always morning xD
Lab Assistant
#13563 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 5:44 PM
What happens if your Sim is supposed to inherit money (from the death of one of his parents for instance), while he's away at college? Does that money get handed out to him once he graduates or not at all? I'm thinking it's the latter but I really hope I'm wrong.
Mad Poster
#13564 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 5:57 PM
The money is added to the household of the inheritor, regardless of where he is at the time of death, the next time that household is opened. When you open that household, the memory of the death will already be there, with any memories gained on community lots or visits to other sims in the interim, and within moments of opening the household funds will change, the gravestone with simoleon sign will appear above the inheriting sim's head, and the memory of the inheritance forms.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#13565 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 6:06 PM
So by household, you mean the university one? Or am I just getting it wrong?
Mad Poster
#13566 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 6:16 PM
Default Default Replacement Skintones
I have never used default replacements, but I am thinking of using default replacement skintones. Am I correct in thinking that all I have to do is place the default skintones in my Downloads folder (or, more likely, a subfolder of it). The next time I start my game, all my Sims will be using the default replacements rather than the Maxis skins?
And, if I decide I don't like them, I just have to take them out of my downloads folder, and all my Sims will revert to their Maxis appearance?
That is how it works, isn't it?
Sorry for such a silly question, but I really don't know.
Mad Poster
#13567 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 6:47 PM
Yes, Carooh, the university one - the place where the sim who inherits lives at the time you next play that sim will get an increase in funds.

It's not a silly question if you don't know the answer, Andy! How else are you going to find out? Yes, as far as I know, putting the default replacements in the downloads folder will do the trick; and if all you do is replace Maxis skins with equivalents, removing them should cause a simple reversal. I believe there are difficulties involved in removing some default skins and eyes, though, so you should read the instructions on the download carefully, only use defaults from creators you know to be reliable; and of course back up your game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#13568 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 7:23 PM
AndrewGloria: I have default skin replacements, and every other sort of default replacement. I would advise installing the defaults INSIDE a sub-folder, clearly labeled - that way if you want to delete them you just remove the folder. Just remember you can only have one default-replacement at a time, so if you want to try ANOTHER ONE, remove the other default-replacement.

Charmful: thanks about the picture-making, I may just try that. And how ODD that there is not a good DEFAULT replacement. Anyone have links for THAT?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Link Ninja
#13569 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 7:25 PM
I can't remember if this is correct or not but is there something in the config or start up file that can be modified to allow more sims to be added to groups when you create groups for outings? I know it can be done for visiting sims on a cheat start up - but is that for how many sims you are able to invite over but also for number of sims that show up on community lots?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13570 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 8:17 PM
Removing default replacement skins entails no problems whatsoever; however, if you have custom, geneticised skins, then you do have to be careful about removing them, as doing so can leave your simmies with corrupt genetics.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#13571 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 9:34 PM
Thanks Peni, grammapat and Nysha!
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
... you should read the instructions on the download carefully, only use defaults from creators you know to be reliable

The skintones I'm thinking of using are by HystericalParoxysm; I think I can take her reliability as read!
Field Researcher
#13572 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 6:56 PM
I have question:
I have vamp couple,and i know that their future child would be human.Is there any cheat or mod to make it be a vampire..?I kinda want vampire legacy in my game :3
Theorist
#13573 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 7:02 PM
Theorist
#13574 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 4:02 PM
In Pet Stories, where do you put custom content?

The folder structure is different from normal TS2.

In Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Pet Stories/ there are no usual Camera, Collections, and such folders. There are N001, N002 folders instead, i.e. those that are situated in the Neighborhoods folder in TS2.
Field Researcher
#13575 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Removing default replacement skins entails no problems whatsoever; however, if you have custom, geneticised skins, then you do have to be careful about removing them, as doing so can leave your simmies with corrupt genetics.

So that will corrupt neighborhoods too? And BFBVFS?
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 543 of 1000