Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 187 (Who?), Viewed: 200836 times.
Page 7 of 8
Test Subject
#151 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 5:01 PM
So in game it was just a bald head?
Instructor
#152 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 6:01 AM
Ok, this tutorial seems to be kind of messed up. It will work to take a custom TS3 hair useable in TSM, but not an EA hair. Also, any hair based on any TS3 file that is not included will fail. It must be a well made TS3 package that includes all the external files (meshes, Textures, etc....).

About the FNV64 vs FNV32. Almost all TSM/TS3 resourses use an FNV64 GUID (Global Unique Identifier). Some, very few, but still some use an FNV32. For your modding purposes, never use an FNV32. I've modded the crap out of this game and have never use the FNV32 button.

The buttons. (I'm about to explain stuff that the timid don't want to hear, you've been warned) FNV is the Fowler–Noll–Vo is a non-cryptographic hash function created by Glenn Fowler. Basically you supply a string, and it gives you a unique ID based on that string. The string will always produce the same FNV hash, so without knowing the GUID you can supply an easily interpretable name and always get the same number. The 32 and 64 refer to the precision of the hash. A 32 FNV hash can produce a 32 bit hash, in TSM it's 0x00000000FB1EE897 for the string "GrimsFNVTest". A 64 FNV hash can produce a 64 bit hash (most common is TSM/TS3) which with the same string results in 0x97FBBE21CA372C37. Try it yourself, type this string in S3PE and click the buttons you'll get te same results. Change one letter, and you'll get something different. The main difference is, how likey is it that two strings could get the same hashed ID. A 32 bit ID is actually going to produce the same IDs for different strings something like a thousand times more than an 64 bit ID. It's exponential, and hexi based instead of deci based.

Long story short, always use FNV64 unless the file you're rewriting is a 32 file, as in the first eight bit are zero.

Next only ever hit one button to get an ID. If you hit FNV64 then FNV32 you've overwritten your FNV64. Only click FNV64. Trust me, never use the FNV32 button, always the 64. You have no need for the FNV32 button.

Do not EVER change the type, unless you know damn sure what you're doing. If we take this hair tut as an example, and it's discussed CASP file, the CASP is the type. If you change the CASP to another type it will not work. TSM/TS3 counts on knowing what each type means.

Really, to make a TS3 hair show in TSM takes almost nothing. This is a test I made. I downloaded the Seperoth hair from MTS. Put the package in my mods folder. Opened it. Selected the CASP and selected the GRID button. Clicked commit. Saved and closed the package. Here are my results (note the lack of steps):



This is with a Sims 3 animation I've been messing with:

Screenshots
Test Subject
#153 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 6:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifos
Yes,but the Grid button is gray.

Was this ever explained? Because I'm having the same problem
Scholar
#154 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 6:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumehayla
Was this ever explained? Because I'm having the same problem


What version of S3PE do you have?

What do you mean, 'get a life'! I'm a gamer, I have many lives.
Test Subject
#155 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 7:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieTeeta
What version of S3PE do you have?
The most recent one ;u;
EDIT:
That was a good hint actually, haha! Downloading an old (REALLY old lmao) version made grid available :D!!!

Though I'm at a loss why some hair shows up and other don't... I'm doing exacly the same things for them! (checking medievalprofession, dlothingcategories->profession, and in instance clicking FNV32, and checking compress and use resource name, as well as giving said resource name...) this is confusing and I'm a poor newbier
Scholar
#156 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 8:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumehayla
The most recent one ;u;
EDIT:
That was a good hint actually, haha! Downloading an old (REALLY old lmao) version made grid available :D!!!

Though I'm at a loss why some hair shows up and other don't... I'm doing exacly the same things for them! (checking medievalprofession, dlothingcategories->profession, and in instance clicking FNV32, and checking compress and use resource name, as well as giving said resource name...) this is confusing and I'm a poor newbier


This is the version I use, I've never updated since this version, so I don't know if any of the later versions will still work for it:
sourceforge.net/projects/sims3tools/files/s3pe/OldReleases/s3pe/12-0222-2102

All you should have to do is change the clothing category to true for professions.
Since the latest wrapper, more often than not, TS3 files already have all the heroes switched to true, I'd take a look just to make sure but you shouldn't have to touch anything in there.
You don't change the resource and you don't change the instance (and if you did it would be FNV64 not FNV32).

Just turn clothing category>profession to true if it's marked false
Check in medieval profession that the heroes are marked true (switch to false any you don't want it to appear on)
Click commit and save the package.
More often than not this is sufficient, (and if it isn't it's most likely something else in the casp that needs changed)

What do you mean, 'get a life'! I'm a gamer, I have many lives.
Test Subject
#157 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 8:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieTeeta
This is the version I use, I've never updated since this version, so I don't know if any of the later versions will still work for it:
sourceforge.net/projects/sims3tools/files/s3pe/OldReleases/s3pe/12-0222-2102

All you should have to do is change the clothing category to true for professions.
Since the latest wrapper, more often than not, TS3 files already have all the heroes switched to true, I'd take a look just to make sure but you shouldn't have to touch anything in there.
You don't change the resource and you don't change the instance (and if you did it would be FNV64 not FNV32).

Just turn clothing category>profession to true if it's marked false
Check in medieval profession that the heroes are marked true (switch to false any you don't want it to appear on)
Click commit and save the package.
More often than not this is sufficient.
Fiddling with that did the trick somehow! Thanks a lot, I really appreciate the help
Test Subject
#158 Old 5th May 2013 at 8:02 AM
Hi, it is a long time someone posted here I see. But I've god a question. (I didn't read all the seven pages so maybe someone asked it already, I'm an impatient girl :D).
Well I'm thinking of making a story with the sims 3 which will be around the medieval ages. Now I've looked everywhere for proper medieval clothes but most of the costum content just doesn't look right if you ask me. It doesn't fit in. So I looked for some conversions from the sims medieval. I've looked everywhere and eventually I found some clothes and stuff but the things I want in my game from tsm I couldn't find. So I thought: 'I'm going to convert them myself then.' Well that's harder then I thought. I'm really a Noob with converting and I've never done it before. So I looked for tutorials but I could only find this one. But this is from TS3 to TSM. And I want the other way around. Could someone make a tutorial for me? I would really appreciate it :D.
Thanks for reading.
Instructor
#159 Old 6th May 2013 at 1:47 AM
I've not successfully been able to pull this off. The first hurdle is changing the CASP from Medieval Version 17 to TS3 version 12. There's not a tool to do it, so it would have to be done in hex. First change the version number. Then you need to remove BlendInfoMedievalElderIndex, BlendInfoMedievalTeenIndex, OutfitMaterial, MedievalUnknown, and MedievalProfession. After you've removed them you have to write in the new offset to the TGI. Then you would have to track down every file that the object used. You could use my cloner to get some of it, but the cloned objects rely on certain universal files (Skeletons, Texture Controllers, Patterns, etc...). If you got every file referenced, it may work. If you miss any you'll crash to desktop. Best I've gotten so far is the CASP showing up in Create a Sim, but the outfit doesn't show up on the sim. Just a floating head. I'll keep fiddling with it. Or if you think you're able to do what I've listed here I'd answer any more questions about it you might have.
Test Subject
#160 Old 15th May 2013 at 8:49 PM
I'm trying to convert some of Anubis360's hairstyles. I am STILL having trouble after following and re-reading the instructions in this thread. I've tried downloading an older version (the one ChickieTeeta had pointed out) but the grid button is still showing up grey. I'm sure I'm using the correct wrapper. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. (Also, I wish there was an updated tutorial so that people wouldn't have to go through multiple pages/threads to try and figure this out)
Instructor
#161 Old 16th May 2013 at 11:09 PM
I'm working on the updated tutorial. Part of what I felt I needed to do was get the wrappers updated to use the latest version of S3PE. I had to figure out how to write a wrapper first. Now I've added the appropriate wrappers thanks to velocitygrass, I'll be writing a new tutorial, but it will be on the SimsWiki Medieval Modding page. This way it can be updated better, and kept clean. I'll try to get it up this weekend.
Test Subject
#162 Old 7th Jun 2013 at 12:02 AM
could this work for objects too?
Test Subject
#163 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 9:15 PM
Question, why can't I click the GRID button!? D:
Test Subject
#164 Old 24th Jul 2013 at 4:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieTeeta
This is the version I use, I've never updated since this version, so I don't know if any of the later versions will still work for it:
sourceforge.net/projects/sims3tools/files/s3pe/OldReleases/s3pe/12-0222-2102

All you should have to do is change the clothing category to true for professions.
Since the latest wrapper, more often than not, TS3 files already have all the heroes switched to true, I'd take a look just to make sure but you shouldn't have to touch anything in there.
You don't change the resource and you don't change the instance (and if you did it would be FNV64 not FNV32).

Just turn clothing category>profession to true if it's marked false
Check in medieval profession that the heroes are marked true (switch to false any you don't want it to appear on)
Click commit and save the package.
More often than not this is sufficient, (and if it isn't it's most likely something else in the casp that needs changed)


I did it!
Test Subject
DELETED POST
11th Aug 2013 at 10:23 PM
This message has been deleted by Lishca.
Test Subject
#165 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 3:57 AM
Is there a way to convert the dragon eggs from the store to work with the sims medevial? I'm not going to share obviously, but I think it'd be neat to have dragon hatclings.
Test Subject
#166 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreefer24601
Ok, this tutorial seems to be kind of messed up. It will work to take a custom TS3 hair useable in TSM, but not an EA hair. Also, any hair based on any TS3 file that is not included will fail. It must be a well made TS3 package that includes all the external files (meshes, Textures, etc....).

About the FNV64 vs FNV32. Almost all TSM/TS3 resourses use an FNV64 GUID (Global Unique Identifier). Some, very few, but still some use an FNV32. For your modding purposes, never use an FNV32. I've modded the crap out of this game and have never use the FNV32 button.

The buttons. (I'm about to explain stuff that the timid don't want to hear, you've been warned) FNV is the Fowler–Noll–Vo is a non-cryptographic hash function created by Glenn Fowler. Basically you supply a string, and it gives you a unique ID based on that string. The string will always produce the same FNV hash, so without knowing the GUID you can supply an easily interpretable name and always get the same number. The 32 and 64 refer to the precision of the hash. A 32 FNV hash can produce a 32 bit hash, in TSM it's 0x00000000FB1EE897 for the string "GrimsFNVTest". A 64 FNV hash can produce a 64 bit hash (most common is TSM/TS3) which with the same string results in 0x97FBBE21CA372C37. Try it yourself, type this string in S3PE and click the buttons you'll get te same results. Change one letter, and you'll get something different. The main difference is, how likey is it that two strings could get the same hashed ID. A 32 bit ID is actually going to produce the same IDs for different strings something like a thousand times more than an 64 bit ID. It's exponential, and hexi based instead of deci based.

Long story short, always use FNV64 unless the file you're rewriting is a 32 file, as in the first eight bit are zero.

Next only ever hit one button to get an ID. If you hit FNV64 then FNV32 you've overwritten your FNV64. Only click FNV64. Trust me, never use the FNV32 button, always the 64. You have no need for the FNV32 button.

Do not EVER change the type, unless you know damn sure what you're doing. If we take this hair tut as an example, and it's discussed CASP file, the CASP is the type. If you change the CASP to another type it will not work. TSM/TS3 counts on knowing what each type means.

Really, to make a TS3 hair show in TSM takes almost nothing. This is a test I made. I downloaded the Seperoth hair from MTS. Put the package in my mods folder. Opened it. Selected the CASP and selected the GRID button. Clicked commit. Saved and closed the package. Here are my results (note the lack of steps):




I have done exactly what you've been saying. And the hair I am trying to convert is not showing up in game? What am I doing wrong?

Fribble. Just fribble.
Test Subject
#167 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lishca
I have done exactly what you've been saying. And the hair I am trying to convert is not showing up in game? What am I doing wrong?

Same here
Test Subject
#168 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 8:04 AM
i've got big problem with that hair i've done everything like in tutorial but there's a problem with that hair well there's also version for male it's works good
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 6:39 PM Last edited by Sauris : 2nd Jan 2014 at 7:20 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciejbiels
i've got big problem with that hair i've done everything like in tutorial but there's a problem with that hair well there's also version for male it's works good

Excuse me, I don't know English very well, I speak Russian. "Google" helps me to translate .
Previously, I also faced a similar problem. And also the problem of change in eye color (see Attachment).
I solved these problems (not in all cases) by using the TS3 program "TSR Workshop".
I have changed patterns in the category "Texture"! "TS3" uses some patterns are not in "Medieval". But patterns can be imported from a good hairstyle.
Open TSR Workshop. Create New Project. New Import. Point your hairstyle file (in package or sims3pack format). (Not all custom hairstyles can be opened).
In "Texture" bookmark look at PATTERNS A, B, C and D (see my Attachment Screenshoot). They must be replaced.
Double-clicking on the pattern image. Import.
I joined all four high-quality patterns. Just in case.
And then File > Export > To Sims3Pack. Or as you wish. And further convert the hairstyle using Sim3Pe .
(But it's necessary to convert the file to Package format, I use S3PackageViewer for this).
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: rar Patterns_ABCD.rar (1.7 KB, 38 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 2nd Jan 2014 at 7:00 PM Last edited by Sauris : 20th Aug 2014 at 7:37 PM.
You can see and download some of my works-conversions (from TS3 to Sims Medieval) and some other works (need to register - Вход - регистрация ) on this Russian site http://thesims3.ru/forum/128
- Прически и одежда для симов - hairstyles and clothes for Sims. http://thesims3.ru/forum/128-25438-1?lyu2bd
- Функциональные объекты и декор - default replacements (from MTS too), wall coverings, patterns etc. http://thesims3.ru/forum/128-24847-1
- Скинтоны, косметика, линзы - skintones, cosmetics, eyes. http://thesims3.ru/forum/128-25437-1
("Скачать" means Download ).

The site thesims3.ru has moved to a new address: http://thesims.club/
New links for downloads (preserved old objects until 13.08.2014, but the old links are available on the old site):
Прически для симов - hairstyles for Sims: http://thesims.club/threads/pricheski-dlja-simov.25438/
Одежда для симов - clothes for Sims: http://thesims.club/threads/odezhda-dlja-simov.26557/
Функциональные объекты и декор - patterns, furnishings...(not default): http://thesims.club/threads/funkcio...-i-dekor.24847/
Дефолтные объекты - default replacements: http://thesims.club/threads/defoltnye-obekty.26067/
Скинтоны, косметика, линзы - skintones, cosmetics, lenses: http://thesims.club/threads/skinton...ka-linzy.25437/
Field Researcher
#171 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 2:25 PM
I converted some of Rose' s TS3 hairtyles. Some the hairstyles have red texture in game. Some of them affect the eye texture. Also, many of them are bigger than the average TSM head, so when I choose those hairstyles, sims look as if they are bald and wearing wigs. Any idea how to fix it?
Test Subject
#172 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 7:15 PM
Check out my tumblr for hairs I have converted! (All the hairs I have converted are fully allowed to be converted by the creators)
http://rikizza.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 7:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikizza
Check out my tumblr for hairs I have converted! (All the hairs I have converted are fully allowed to be converted by the creators)
http://rikizza.tumblr.com/

Rikizza, your works are perfect, thank you for sharing them with us! I posted a link to your page on our Russian site here: http://thesims3.ru/forum/128-25438-...4-16-1403200949
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 9:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindGenius
I converted some of Rose' s TS3 hairtyles. Some the hairstyles have red texture in game. Some of them affect the eye texture. Also, many of them are bigger than the average TSM head, so when I choose those hairstyles, sims look as if they are bald and wearing wigs. Any idea how to fix it?


The problem of influence on the eyes' texture really enrages me . I don't know how to solve it, but today (today only!) I've found one way, a fairly simple way. To wear lenses! We can use "Flajko's Pure Eyes For TSM", many thanks to ChickieTeeta (the lenses are here ), I made a post with screenshots how it looks (here).
Perhaps many people have guessed before this simple technique, but I guessed only today.
Test Subject
#175 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 10:02 PM
i dont know if this is the right area but does anyone know if there is custom content clothing that's been made for TSM
sorry if this was in the wrong place
Page 7 of 8
Back to top