Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#376 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 9:52 AM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 28th Mar 2015 at 11:53 AM.
I guess I'll just leave the file up there a little longer. Meanwhile, my big white Victorian is swiftly becoming my dream home, however, at the mention of Johnny's troubled Victorian my big white Victorian developed the same troubles. I think I've fixed it but it has come at the cost of it looking a but dodgy, especially inside. I've also been experimenting with the roof of the tower and also the fences to obscure the basement windows. I've also tried adding a little colour.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#377 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 1:00 PM
Option 1 for the basement windows looks really good actually, I'd take those. And as for the tower roof, I prefer the 2nd option.

Now let's wait for more other opinions

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#378 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 7:00 PM
I think I'll go with that option for the fencing as I like it best too. I was just admiring the internal layout I had achieved when I realized I Had ended up with a big assed basement and no kitchen on the main floor. Now I'm not sure where to put the kitchen, I was thinking of maybe putting it in the basement and having a very grand dinning hall across the corridor from it. Then the smaller one on the main floor I've got marked out as the dinning room would be more intimate?
I've also been working on a more modest Queen Anne style house, which I'm rather pleased with how it's looking at the moment. The only trouble is a couple of the chimneys thinking that they are inside.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#379 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 11:12 PM
Turning them doesn't work? They'll also be acting like they're inside when a part of them is in a CFE'd floor

#380 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Turning them doesn't work? They'll also be acting like they're inside when a part of them is in a CFE'd floor

I think it has something to do with the chimney breast not being against a wall. So I put some walls in for them to be against and now they're fine. I'm not sure whether the upper story of the bay windows should be the same shape as the lower story or whether it should be more square?
Screenshots
Scholar
#381 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
I'm not sure whether the upper story of the bay windows should be the same shape as the lower story or whether it should be more square?

For me, having it the same shape looks better.
Alchemist
#382 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 7:57 AM
Yep.
JustFillingUpTo7Characteres

#383 Old 3rd May 2014 at 4:07 AM
mwahahaha
Scholar
#384 Old 7th May 2014 at 1:19 PM
Well, I've been working on an eclectically styled home; it's kind of Stick, Eastlake, Queen Anne, Colonial Revival, Classical Revival and Edwardian. I have no idea what to label it as. I also have no idea whether the composition of the house, as a whole, is really working. Now that I've gotten it to this stage I'm feeling a bit 'meh' towards it.
Alchemist
#385 Old 7th May 2014 at 8:25 PM
Could be a house that you'd find on OHD. I really like it

#386 Old 19th May 2014 at 12:40 AM
ACK I am so jealous of guys right now! I am trying to figure out whats wrong with my laptop and when I do manage to fix it I will be showing you what i am capable of but for now I will just admire your work and give you guys advice!

Fergie I love your very eclectic mansion! The porches of my favorite part! The detail is superb!

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#387 Old 19th May 2014 at 8:10 PM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 27th May 2014 at 7:43 PM.
Instead of starting new projects I've decided to try and finish off the majority of the ones I've already started; one of which is the Straabe House in Benson, ND. I've almost finished the principal rooms.
Scholar
#388 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 9:32 PM
My latest design is rather eclectic and confused. I'm almost tempted to label it as Scandinavian or maybe even Norwegian more specifically. But I don't really know,
Screenshots
Scholar
#389 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 6:29 PM
My latest design is rather eclectic and confused. I'm almost tempted to label it as Scandinavian or maybe even Norwegian more specifically. But I don't really know,

I love the front and the two sides, but especially the front.

and omg. what happened to o'rly? did that old lady shoot him?
Scholar
#390 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
and omg. what happened to o'rly? did that old lady shoot him?

Lol, that "old lady" is The Queen... Someone edited a photo of her online so that she's wielding a silenced pistol.
Scholar
#391 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 8:38 PM
Lol, that "old lady" is The Queen... Someone edited a photo of her online so that she's wielding a silenced pistol.

Yeah, I thought so. I was holding my tongue firmly in my cheek.

She definitely carries it well. She could definitely hold her own against the bad guys.
Scholar
#392 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 10:18 PM
She definitely carries it well. She could definitely hold her own against the bad guys.

One does what one can and one usually comes out on top.
Scholar
#393 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 12:17 AM
I've been working on a quintessential English suburban home from the Edwardian era.
Screenshots
Scholar
#394 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 1:22 AM
I've been working on a quintessential English suburban home from the Edwardian era.

I'm lovin' that exterior. The greys, black and white, and then that red. YES.
Scholar
#395 Old 18th Jun 2014 at 10:57 AM
Thanks. I'm quite pleased with how the exterior has turned out although I think it's set too far back on the lot as there's not really a back garden due to the steep slope. While most people prefer to have the pebbledash painted I prefer to see it unpainted as the grey often gets darker with age and can help make the house look more sinister and alluring in my opinion. I've got a rough story in mind to accompany the house when I upload it. I'm thinking that the house is in a new (for the Edwardian era) London suburb that has just been built, given that the lot is built on a slope/hill I'm thinking that that suburb is in Surrey. It's a shame I can't add skylights as they would certainly help lighten up some of the attic rooms.
Forum Resident
#396 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 3:36 AM
I'm lovin' that exterior. The greys, black and white, and then that red. YES.

I definitely concur! The exterior choices and colors are perfect! I love it! and the landscaping is impeccable!

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#397 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 3:58 AM
Oh and I cant wait to see the interior of your English suburban house!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#398 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 5:53 PM
How's everything going on? Able to play Sims soon?

#399 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 10:03 PM
I am still working on it JohnnyI I believe it is my graphics card or something like that!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#400 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
I am still working on it JohnnyI I believe it is my graphics card or something like that!

Nahw and you couldn't get a new one because you use a laptop. If you had a desktop, there are pretty good one available for 100 bucks or less. I got mine 3 years ago for 100 and it runs Battlefield Bad Company 2!

Page 16 of 98