Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 5:30 AM
Default Formal Event/Party Pictures!
I know that there is a Wedding thread, and there's also a Birthday Party thread. This thread, however, is for Ballroom Dances, Proms, Coronations, Homecomings, etc. Post your pics of couples swaying in the ballroom, or the drama at Senior Prom! I'll be posting pics of the Formals at my simmy boarding school for teens. I can't wait to see yours!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 8:23 PM
So, now that this has been approved, here are my pics!
Screenshots
Link Ninja
#3 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 2:25 AM Last edited by Charmful : 9th Apr 2017 at 6:08 PM.
Default 1st Annual Cosgrove Charity Masquerade Ball

Host Pryce Cosgrove greets his sister-in-law with a cheek-to-cheek-kiss while other guests arrive in the foyer.

Pryce and his wife, Adriana give a formal welcome and thanks to all guests for attending and donating.

The ballroom livens up with a shmustle.

Then calms down with a slow dance - Hayley Paulson and Gina MacKenzie are miffed their dates have ditched them to dance with other ladies.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

#4 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 2:29 AM
This wasn't a formal party, just a fun little bash the Piccolo's threw in their basement before the arrival of their first child. Aurora Ferry was honored to sing a duet with Andrew Piccolo, all the ladies swoon over him. Kathryn Piccolo challenged Aurora's husband Phillip to a friendly game of darts while teasing him for having no friends except for his wife. The guy is so possessive of Aurora all he ever does is follow her around to keep an eye on her. The game ended a little early due to Kathryn going into labor unexpectedly. She gave birth to a son, Elijah, the first baby to be born in the town. Everyone approved except Kathryn, who was just happy to no longer have to carry extra weight around.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 12:41 AM
Don't worry, I imagine Phillip is just worried she'll prick her finger on something again.

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Link Ninja
#6 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 5:10 AM Last edited by Charmful : 27th Oct 2017 at 6:00 AM.
Default Baby Shower
I tried my hand at theming up a regular house party into a baby shower. In this case Gina Mackenzie is the mother-to-be. Party consisted of a luncheon and a few Myshuno games.

Link Ninja
#7 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Charmful : 4th Sep 2016 at 6:26 PM.
Ok so it's been a year and I threw another formal. This time it was a masked garden party, mostly inspired because I found a new batch of beautiful formal dresses by sims2-secretgarden here

I dressed up a bunch of the girls in uni and created a garden worthy of a party and here is the result:

And about halfway through it started raining, but they didn't care and kept dancing.