Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3976 Old 18th May 2016 at 12:54 PM
Do you remember the days when...we had to ask our sim to grab a slice, cancel..wait for them to depose that plate. Grab another one, repeat...Just so we have single plates available in the fridge?
Oh what a waste of time. But these days are over! Now we have THAT .

No seriously..cake slice might be a lifesaver, but still...I never had to save a sim from certain death..lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3977 Old 18th May 2016 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I really wish there was a birthday cake that allows more than one sim to celebrate their BD. It would also furfil the have a great birthday party want, of course. I think it would be possible to achieve, since i am pretty sure, you can age townies as well..or something?
But for the same family. For twins, triplets or quads. They should age at the same time, so that would be awesome.
One cake only, age your twins!
I am just bummed to have to buy a cake for each sims, at each age stage...especially with multiple births, while one would be enough to feed everyone. Have you ever counted how many parts it gives? Crazy...

The closest I can think of is THIS But you can't eat it.

Just take each day 24 minutes at a time... Unless you hit pause, then you could be there for hours!

Sims 2 Pinterest Profile: https://www.pinterest.com/tullulabell1894/
In the process of moving all Sims 2 pins from my personal Pinterest
Alchemist
#3978 Old 18th May 2016 at 10:03 PM
about one birthday cake for multiple age transitions; 2 expansions I take have a similar option.
-University; taking a Teen Townie/NPC to college with your Teen.
-Free Time; aging same age Townies/NPCs with your sim. I take up to 3 total.
such a cake may require either or both packs. the setting would likely be in one or more BHAV.

slightly related: one wedding cake for multiple sets of newly-weds.
though I am not sure if any pack has any option similar to that.
Mad Poster
#3979 Old 18th May 2016 at 10:44 PM
@Tullulabell I already have this cake. It is still one sim at a time.
Yes, you can age Townies with your sim due to some EP's, as I first stated in my wish post.
Townies aren't the ones I am interested in. I would like a special interaction. Similar to aging Townies, but for twins, triplets..etc. One click on the cake, age who?..Lulu, Tom, Pom. Then they all jump'N turn together. here you go. All 3 wishes furfilled, all guests happy etc.

Lab Assistant
#3980 Old 23rd May 2016 at 8:32 PM Last edited by simshout : 23rd May 2016 at 11:28 PM.
i would like to see a bandatron enabler for inactive lots and a functional turnstile, just like sims 3 store's Barrier to Entry System
Mad Poster
#3981 Old 25th May 2016 at 9:34 PM
I have Chris Hatch's mod for sims to get upset by pregnancies that are an unmarried teen or a cheating spouse. But some sims wouldn't care if their unmarried teen got pregnant, because that's not how they are, and some sims shouldn't realize their spouse was cheating on them. So something that could record last woohoo with spouse and if it's within twenty-four hours and the pregnant sim wasn't caught cheating, then the spouse would assume the child was his, and a toggle for parent disapproves of unmarried teen pregnancy for 'teen name' on/off. (Because one family might approve of their sons getting alien pregnant but not approve of their daughters getting pregnant without a spouse, while another might not mind about the daughters but object to aliens.) Of course, compatible with all the mods I use already *grin*

So basically, the impossible.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#3982 Old 25th May 2016 at 9:39 PM
A very, very long time ago there was a hack that enabled sims to talk to each other while in the pool. It was over at insimenator, by Squinge, who unfortunately took it down to 'tweak' it and never reposted it.

I miss that hack so much! I wish they'd released the updated version. I have so many pixels that go swimming and never talk to each other..such a waste of a perfect social moment!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3983 Old 25th May 2016 at 10:15 PM
Tell them to play marco polo. It's social and will improve relationships, albeit slowly.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3984 Old 25th May 2016 at 10:17 PM
I'd love a hack that forces me to stop installing more CC.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3985 Old 25th May 2016 at 10:23 PM
A pop up reminder could be made, I have one telling me to save my game.

"Don't add that cc... I am looking at you! Don't do it!!" Something like that. :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3986 Old 25th May 2016 at 11:04 PM
One thing I'd like to see...rather an update to an already existing mod I downloaded recently. CJ-MoreComposting
I really like it, but it creates annoyane in my appartement lot. There is a garbage can next to the mailbox, I haven't move them, and of course the landlord will totally ignore it and aim for the only 2 compost bins that are out of reach to her, to throw the spoiled pizza SHE ordered, now turned into a garbage bag.
She has no trouble entering any unit as I play, to clean up, and everything, *IF* I am playing one of the units who have compost bins.
I am actually playing a second floor unit in which there are no compost bins.
In short, the landlord only have access to the unit I am currently playing, but still aims at the compost bins of other units...annoying.
The documentation of this mod precise: "Causes anyone headed for the outdoor trash can to head for an available compost bin instead"
Well, those compost bins aren't available to her.

I'd like to know a way to fix this.

Forum Resident
#3987 Old 26th May 2016 at 2:47 AM
A hack to let sims read on the couch while lying down. It could use the "Read in Bed" animation, shifted down a little.

I also wish there was a snack object that could be placed next to a sim playing chess, reading a book, watching TV, that would slowly raise the Hunger motive as the sim did something suitably sendentary. It's been annoying me that a sim can't eat while doing something else. If this object had custom animations, that would be even better, but that's kind of a tall order.
Scholar
#3988 Old 26th May 2016 at 3:33 AM
One thing I'd like to see...rather an update to an already existing mod I downloaded recently. CJ-MoreComposting
...<snip>...
I'd like to know a way to fix this.

I have that mod as well, and I know how to test for accessible areas. So perhaps I can find a fix for this
Mad Poster
#3989 Old 26th May 2016 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
I have that mod as well, and I know how to test for accessible areas. So perhaps I can find a fix for this

I had you in mind, but did not want to bother. If it pleases you to look into this, that would be awesome. Thank you for your reply!

Scholar
#3990 Old 27th May 2016 at 5:32 PM
@Rosebine

I've got something that has your name on it: it is named "BO - Gardening - Composter Test" and it is supposed to work *together* with Cyjon's More Composting mod. It *should* be safe to install in *any* game, but ofcourse it only works if Seasons and Apartment Life are *both* present.

I can, however, not be certain if it will work at all, because I have no apartment complexes to test it on. For that, I would need your help, if you're willing. If so, let me know, and I'll send you a link in PM
Mad Poster
#3991 Old 27th May 2016 at 6:26 PM
@BoilingOil Wow!!! I am so happy. Thank you!
I am willing to test of course, since I noticed the little annoyance, you can be sure I have the perfect appartement complex to test this in!
You are awesome.

Scholar
#3992 Old 27th May 2016 at 9:32 PM
Ok, dear. I'll get cracking on sending you that PM
Mad Poster
#3993 Old 28th May 2016 at 5:02 AM
Default BO - Gardening - Composter Test, test!
So I've started testing this.
Before I added your mod, I wanted to be sure the annoyance would still come. So I put back CJ-MoreComposting in ( I had taken it out..)
Then I waited a whole sim week with a brand new sim I moved on the second floor of my appartement, for the Landlord to throw a pizza party. Yes..besides this once a week event, there is nothing else to be thrown away, since nothing can be put outside a unit..

When pizza got stinky, and at about 9am, Landlord wants to throw it away...and complains that she cannot reach the compost bin of the ground floor unit me not currently playing.
Test one done : annoyance still occurs. We are good to go.

I save and quit.
Add BO's mod in there, restart the game.
Landlord is still complaining as I enter the lot, but now the garbage bag-pizza has disapeared from her hand. Action/complain stop, she go do something else, and continue on.
Doh!
Must now wait another sim week..for her to call pizzaman again!

We are re-Sunday morning. Landlord comes..grab stinky pizza and throw it IN the garbage can! yay!!! it worked.

So far so good. It seems to be doing its job.

Now, I will go test what happens, when playing a ground floor unit that has a private backyard with a compost bin. The game should treat that private backyard as part of the unit, so theoretically, landlord should use it instead of the garbage can, since it is available to her when I play that unit.
I'll be back!

Mad Poster
#3994 Old 28th May 2016 at 5:18 AM
Just for the record Rosebine, there are lots of mods that let you change the day of the week. Some temporary (switches back at midnight to the day it would have become prior to change), some stick. No need to wait for a week. For repetitive tests, you might also want to save right before the thing you are testing happens, that way you just quit without saving and you have the right conditions right away when you load it again.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#3995 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:34 AM
These days people seem to be celebrating their pet's birthdays. How about some pet friendly birthday cakes? Then again maybe I can just make a cake a set a plate out and the pet will eat it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3996 Old 28th May 2016 at 9:24 AM
Your pet would need to not to be trained to eat pet food or you would need to control it to eat the cake.

Rosebine I use the day setter jar from here. This one sticks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3997 Old 28th May 2016 at 11:38 AM
So I've started testing this.
Before I added your mod, I wanted to be sure the annoyance would still come. So I put back CJ-MoreComposting in ( I had taken it out..)

Yeah, with CJ's mod in it would indeed be easier to test, because there are more opportunities to compost stuff.

Now, I will go test what happens, when playing a ground floor unit that has a private backyard with a compost bin. The game should treat that private backyard as part of the unit, so theoretically, landlord should use it instead of the garbage can, since it is available to her when I play that unit.

Cool! That's a thorough method of testing you got there, Rose I'll patiently await the next report. Thank you for helping me out.
At least, the landlord no longer considers the inaccessible bin, so she has no reason to complain and drop the stupid bag. That's a good start!

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Rosebine I use the day setter jar from here. This one sticks.

Indeed! Although saving on friday night and then repeatedly reloading would also have worked... After the test, you quit without saving and can then reload and test some more. But the day setter sure comes in handy at times.
Alchemist
#3998 Old 28th May 2016 at 1:53 PM
Some sort of illness skin overlays to go with the mysterious disease and the flu.
Mad Poster
#3999 Old 28th May 2016 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rinchan7
These days people seem to be celebrating their pet's birthdays. How about some pet friendly birthday cakes? Then again maybe I can just make a cake a set a plate out and the pet will eat it?

Pet treats.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...eats/id/396412/

There is a dog set by the same person, but the page keeps throwing me an error.
Top Secret Researcher
#4000 Old 28th May 2016 at 4:52 PM
I would love to see a convertible crib. A crib that you buy as a crib and can then toggle into something looking like a toddler bed, like you just took a side off. Saves money if you prefer toddlers in beds.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Page 160 of 580