Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#4001 Old 28th May 2016 at 4:57 PM
Convertible: a crib of which you can slide away the roof, when it's sunny out!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4002 Old 28th May 2016 at 6:12 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 28th May 2016 at 6:38 PM.
Thank Jo, I went a download The Day Setter.

More testing results about BO - Gardening - Composter Test.
While it seems to have getten rid of the annoyance while playing a unit that does not have access to a compost bin...it does not help when playing a unit that does have one.
I should precise that the appartement building I am testing this in, does not have a compost bin in the communal area of this lot. Only the groung floor units have one each.

It seems to be a Landlord specific problem. Does that makes it easier for you @BoilingOil ? I'd like to think it would, but I don't have your knowledge.
What would be ideal is that...the landlord should have the same access as the sims living in a said unit. This is what seems to be happening when I play a unit without access to a compost bin, with your mod. My own sim won't try to compost anything, and the landlord won't try to compost anything either. So with your mod in, landlord understands that she must go to the garbage can instead. My sim already figured this out, with or without CJ's mod, and with or without your mod.

I played the ground floor unit for a few Friday to Sundays. While my sim will be able to compost the pizza-garbage-bag, the landlord won't be able to...
Considering the landlord has no problem entering my sim's ground floor unit, walk to the backyard and tends for her garden plots...then why couldn't she also allows herself to enter FOR composting the pizza-garbage-bag ?
This is what made me think of a Landlord specific issue.
So with or without your mod, the annoyance I had in the first place, hence posting my initial wish..will still occures when playing a unit that has a compost bin available.

EDIT to add :
I forgot to test how will the landlord deal, if the compostable material is IN the unit. I'll go test this.

Hoping I've made sense, if there is anything..just ask!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#4003 Old 28th May 2016 at 7:59 PM
@Rosebine

Thank you for your report, dear.

But I thought that the *main* problem was, that the landlord or landlady would try to use a bin that was inaccessible, and would then complain about not being able to reach it and drop the bag. At least I have fixed THAT, because they stop worrying about inaccessible bins. Now they just throw it in the trash can, which they normally do if you don't use Cyjon's mod, too.
And that they see no compost bins in private gardens anymore... yeah, I expected as much. I think that is the only way to stop landlords/landladies from trying to use a bin they cannot reach.

Also, it seems that sims in the playable apartment can still clean up their own mess in their own bin, so that's not bad either.

I'm still curious what would happen with a bin in the apartment itself AND with compost bins in the communal area. So I wait for your report on that part of the test.

Overall, I think it went much better than expected. It was only the first attempt, after all.
Mad Poster
#4004 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:16 PM
I was about to go test with a building that has its compost bins in the communal area. But I do not think it is needed. Being in the communal area, why would there be any problems?
I'll check though, if adding a compost bin inside the sim's unit changes anything..but I doubt it. Because there will be no ways to see if the landlord aim at the one outside..because it is accessible? or because she cannot see the one inside.
Thing is..a landlord is not supposed to clean up your own mess, inside your appartement. That's the sim, or the maid's job. I edited my last post saying I forgot to test a thing...well, it is not suppose to happen. Landlord won't pick up your old newspaper or a pile of stinkz from your kitchen floor. They will only pick those up if those are in the communal area, anyway. CJ's mod or yours, or not.

My sim can pick up the mess in the communal area indeed, but when at work..she can't. And the Landlord will just pick it up, drop it down..complain, and this will last the whole day up until my sim comes back from work.
The problem is not that the landlord does not see a compost bin in the private yard, she sure sees it, and this is why she complains to not be able to reach it. She is supposed to be able though, as she enters that unit every day! This is what does not make sense. She sees the appartement door with an X..as if she, the landlord..didn't have access inside...but only for composting huh, otherwise, she does have access.

Scholar
#4005 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:19 PM
Ah, so THAT is now the problem... She cannot use the bin in your yard if you're not at home, and THEN she makes a mess of things. Right?
Mad Poster
#4006 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 28th May 2016 at 8:31 PM.
I tested both. Being at home, being at work. In both..she cannot!
It makes sense, when playing a unit that does not have a bin, of course..so thank you for that! this part works greatly.
But when playing a unit that has one...which should be easier?..landlord cannot.
Sorry for editing this post again,

In my simple-logical brain, it is easy. lol
Q- Is that lot has a compost bin?
A- yes
Q-is compost bin available for the unit currently playing?
A- yes
use it.
No?
use the garbage can.

No more problems.
But BHAV are far more complicated than this! Or landlords are just stubborn.

Scholar
#4007 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:42 PM
No, I think it is that the logic in apartments is more complicated.

The problem is a bit like this: the sims in your active family can use anything in their own apartment, but nobody else should. Maxis screwed that up, because neighbors from other apartments will simply try to use your stove, your fridge, and that kind of stuff.
But the landlord does not live in any apartment at all. AND to make it worse, he is not a member of any of the families in the building either. So he is allowed to enter apartments for his work - repairing broken showers and toilets -, but NOT to touch any of the other objects in it!

If I try to edit THAT part, and supposing that I can make it work, suddenly *everyone* will get access to your apartment. That is not the good thing to do.

So I think that I must solve the problem differently. Maybe I must really edit Cyjon's mod, and include a test so that landlords NEVER use the compost bin at all. I think that this is the only viable solution.
Mad Poster
#4008 Old 28th May 2016 at 8:52 PM
My landlords also tend to plants/fruit trees and spray for bugs like a gardener would. I cannot find the mod though.
You know best! I'd go for that then.

Scholar
#4009 Old 28th May 2016 at 9:01 PM
Yup, that's right. Landlords/landladies also do gardening. I forgot about that.
Mad Poster
#4010 Old 29th May 2016 at 12:06 AM
Some hacks I'd love to see...

Adding Science enthusiasm gain to digging for treasure. I mean, it's essentially archaeology, and that's a science, right? And as it is there really aren't any good activities for the Science hobby. :/ (As I saw one person say, they might as well have called it "telescope enthusiast"!)

Adding Nature enthusiasm gain to harvesting from the converted Castaway Stories fruit trees. :P

Adding Nature enthusiasm gain to pretty much every interaction with a cat or a dog? lol

Just...some sort of logic and balance to the whole hobby system, because as it stands it's really skewed and unfair and some just aren't nearly as fun to play as others. :/

Coupons in the newspaper? Like TS3, because I loved that feature. (No idea if it'd be plausible, but I guess this thread is as good a place as any to throw out some of my wilder wishes. lol)

Making Charisma skill work exactly like it does in TS3. Because I find it the most boring and irritating skill to force my sims to learn, and yet it's just so useful I can't really ignore it!
Lab Assistant
#4011 Old 29th May 2016 at 5:58 PM
@Rosawyn I agree, there's a frustratingly small pool of actions sims can do to increase their Science enthusiasm and I've always viewed digging up relics and old maps to be a pretty scientific task! If it's a relatively simple tweak then I'd try it myself (I've never done any independent modding, just slight tweaking of other people's mods using lots of Google searches and luck). Not sure I'd come up with anything though...

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Mad Poster
#4012 Old 29th May 2016 at 7:15 PM
Another improvement of...I wish there was a..*Clean & fills up cage* on the sim blender. I find myself using the clean & fills all pet bowl option, but then...nothing for womrat or bird cage.
One of my appartement tenant(playable) has a bird cage on his patio...only available to his unit. Since it is outside, I see the bird when playing another unit. I see the bird's need decreasing, cage getting dirty..basically, that bird will die every play session...lol
Fortunately, it is all reseted when I re enter the lot, but still..it is just so sad to see!!!
I must direct my sim to visit that other unit, just for the sake of feeding poor bird and cleaning up its cage.
So yeah..that'd be very useful!

Mad Poster
#4013 Old 29th May 2016 at 8:38 PM
Oh, in addition to my last post...I just thought of another one! How about Cuisine enthusiasm gain from checking food supplies in the fridge? I just mean, if checking compost level on the compost bin raises Nature enthusiasm, why the heck not?
Mad Poster
#4014 Old 29th May 2016 at 8:48 PM
If sims can read while lying in bed, why can't they study and do research while in bed? I'm sure I'm not the only one who read textbooks in bed! (And occasionally kicked my roommate's studying friends off my bed--she had about eight outgoing points, I've got none.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#4015 Old 30th May 2016 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
If sims can read while lying in bed, why can't they study and do research while in bed? I'm sure I'm not the only one who read textbooks in bed! (And occasionally kicked my roommate's studying friends off my bed--she had about eight outgoing points, I've got none.)

I've tried studying in bed. It always became an excuse for a nap. XD
Mad Poster
#4016 Old 30th May 2016 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee

If I recall correctly, I thing they could in TS3? If they had a book in their inventory, you could click on it while they were lying in bed and choose to study. But books in TS3 were all handled differently - they were specific types of books, like a mechanical skill book, not just the generic books like we have in TS2. I have no idea if it would actually work in TS2, but I guess if a sim can access a book in order to read while lying on their bed, they should by the same logic be able to access a book to study.
Instructor
#4017 Old 30th May 2016 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I guess if a sim can access a book in order to read while lying on their bed, they should by the same logic be able to access a book to study.

Logic is not compatible with Maxis. Moreover, it involves a totally new animation as the existing animation is a sitting at table one. The brave modder that would try that might be mandatory to create an animation and all that comes with it, unfortunately...

Edit : unless they do it sitting cross-legged with anim from the "journal intime" ...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Scholar
#4018 Old 30th May 2016 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheezypuff121P
@Rosawyn I agree, there's a frustratingly small pool of actions sims can do to increase their Science enthusiasm and I've always viewed digging up relics and old maps to be a pretty scientific task! If it's a relatively simple tweak then I'd try it myself (I've never done any independent modding, just slight tweaking of other people's mods using lots of Google searches and luck). Not sure I'd come up with anything though...

I do believe I have seen at least one mod on MTS that assigns Science enthusiasm to a new object. Yes, gummilutt's chess gives science enthusiasm: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=527048

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Mad Poster
#4019 Old 30th May 2016 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
... I guess if a sim can access a book in order to read while lying on their bed, they should by the same logic be able to access a book to study.

Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
Logic is not compatible with Maxis. Moreover, it involves a totally new animation as the existing animation is a sitting at table one. The brave modder that would try that might be mandatory to create an animation and all that comes with it, unfortunately...

Edit : unless they do it sitting cross-legged with anim from the "journal intime" ...

A new animation is not needed. As Rosawyn said, the sim already has the..*I am taking a random book from my pocket, while in the bed*..anim.
The thing is, it is a random book. Not a skill book. We in fact have no idea what the sim is actually reading, but it falls in the fun activity interaction. Just as reading..(Mystery, children, romance..) off a bookcase.
My guess would be, to be able to add *study...cleaning, mechanical, cooking etc...to the *Read* in bed pie menu.
The sim would take the same book from nowhere like they actually do now, but they'd be studying instead of..simply having fun.

Instructor
#4020 Old 30th May 2016 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
A new animation is not needed. As Rosawyn said, the sim already has the..*I am taking a random book from my pocket, while in the bed*..anim.
The thing is, it is a random book. Not a skill book. We in fact have no idea what the sim is actually reading, but it falls in the fun activity interaction. Just as reading..(Mystery, children, romance..) off a bookcase.
My guess would be, to be able to add *study...cleaning, mechanical, cooking etc...to the *Read* in bed pie menu.
The sim would take the same book from nowhere like they actually do now, but they'd be studying instead of..simply having fun.

Oh ! I misunderstood ! I was imagining the sim writing in his notebook and so ...
But that one *taking the same book but with the skill building* is very possible because the skill building is not linked to the book.

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Alchemist
#4021 Old 30th May 2016 at 11:40 PM
about study vs read, in base game they seem to have same animations.

unrelated::
-Memories relating to social interactions; there be a distinction between the doer and the accepter.
-a fixed price way for at-home clothes buying; the prices through insimenator often vary.
Mad Poster
#4022 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 3:40 AM
Roommates for people who don't live in apartments. Instead of getting their rent reduced, the roommates pay so much per week. Nice source of income (and company) if someone has a spare bedroom. I searched the WCIF forum and only came up with a few dead ends.
Mad Poster
#4023 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 10:59 AM
You can add roommates if you have TS2 university or are playing UC like I am by simply merging new sims into your household.They can get work and help with the income as a way of paying rent.I've done that a few times with young singles in owned houses and it works.You can move the roomies out when they're ready for their own place.That was something I did on my old computer when I played vanilla though I use Mods now.You don't need Mods to add roommates that way if you have the pack needed or have UC installed.
Mad Poster
#4024 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 12:09 PM
Why the need of Uni or UC? Merging household is avaialble regardless?

Alchemist
#4025 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
You can add roommates if you have TS2 university or are playing UC like I am by simply merging new sims into your household.They can get work and help with the income as a way of paying rent.I've done that a few times with young singles in owned houses and it works.You can move the roomies out when they're ready for their own place.That was something I did on my old computer when I played vanilla though I use Mods now.You don't need Mods to add roommates that way if you have the pack needed or have UC installed.
I think the poster wants to use the actual roomate system and add a Sim that doesn't have to be played to the household.

And I'm not sure which pack household merging first came in, but I'm sure it wasn't included in the BG.
Page 161 of 577