Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#501 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 4:24 AM
I'm having so much fun with my BACC challenge! It's been moving pretty quickly because I've been playing so much and because anything feels quick compared to my massive Megahood with one day rotations.

The Bloom family is kind of my favorite at the moment, which I never would have expected from a family that was started with a romance and pleasure sim couple. However, they're just so devoted to each other. They also just keep having kids, haha. After they had their first born, Flora, and then twins Peony and Briar, I thought they were done. They apparently did too, since ACR never made them try for baby again. But a risky woohoo accident resulted in baby Leif, and shortly after they had another accident! They're both pretty happy about it though as they keep rolling wants to have babies (they both have family secondaries). The Blooms run a farm and produce shop. Flora recently became a teen and has started coming along to help at the cash register. Flora was the first baby in town, so she's the only playable teen at the moment. I'm waiting to see if she'll hit it off with one of the townie teens or with Ryan Goode, a born in game sim who's about two days younger than her and is becoming a teen this rotation.

Dorothy has been raising Benji's illegitimate child, which his wife Lola is unaware of. But Dorothy got fed up with dating a married man, so she went on a date with a townie in front of him. Which made him very angry. Now Dorothy and the former townie, Jem, are married and expecting a child. Dorothy and Benji are on okay terms, but Jem and Benji hate each other. It made it a little awkward when Jem first opened up his restaurant and Benji was right there, ready to attack him. Poor Jem hasn't had much success with his restuarant yet. It was a little ambitious to try to open it up on a low budget.

Benji and Lola have three boys of their own. Benji has four sons and no daughters. In general most of the babies being born seem to be boys (9 boys vs. 4 girls). Lola is around a lot more than Benji because he's the town doctor.

At the Goode household, Phelan got abducted by aliens. I'm really excited for him to give birth to the first part-alien sim in town!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#502 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 5:04 AM
Ripley Grunt really needs some anger management help. Bayonette called her and lost enemy tags on the night before her wedding, and then Sam Thomas included Ripley in the (very tiny for two Greeks, because it was in the Barracks apartments, and the smallest of them, at that) wedding party - just Bayonette's family and Sam's friends Trent and Tammy Hart (mostly for Tammy's sake, since she's Bayonette's sorority sister and a great peacemaker). They got through the ceremony all right, but then I had to keep canceling "poke," "slap," and "shove" actions as they appeared in Bayonette's queue. Bayonette patiently tried out conversational topics, jokes, and the school cheer; and then I got distracted half a second and Ripley shoved her! So Bayonette's angry with her again, and no wonder! The party raised the roof, though.

The wedding of Orpheus Nigmos and Joanie Smith was much larger. Orpheus invited college friends rather than Joanie's family - completely forgetting that his old buddy Geoff Hart is enemies with Ripley. Well, perhaps they'd miss each other in the crowd...no such luck - one of them jumped the other during the exchange of rings. Tia Bubbler helpfully stepped in to distract Geoff and Jerry took Ripley aside, and by tint of the entire party exerting itself further difficulties were avoided. At one point it looked as though Ripley would be in the middle of a second controversy, when Harding Hart started giving her a backrub while waiting for his fiancee to get out of the bathroom; but Joanie, who is used to saving Ripley from herself, stepped in and influenced him to flirt with his fiancee, which he proceeded to do with great enthusiasm. He and Ripley don't actually have love tags at the moment - and they certainly don't need to go re-establishing them!

Also, Leon Hart walked up to new family member Tammy Hart and gave her a family kiss. Because Leon is like that, and so is Tammy.

Both parties raised the roof, so it's all good.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#503 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 3:49 AM
Took an unintentional break from the game/ my computer in general, but I'm back! (For how long, who knows!) I played my college rotation at Sim State. I have 7 sims total!

Freshmen, Ian and Victoria Davis are siblings that are staying at the Troak dormitory. Although the Troak dorms are for sims who can barely afford the bare minimum, they will be having the time of their lives while their sister Evelyn (they're triplets) stayed back home, aged into an adult in order to raise her son.

Sophia Milad on the other hand is having a rough time. She recently threw a party and her boyfriend Ryan Harris, slept with her ex best friend (Georgina Wrightley) on her own bed!!!! She broke up with Ryan and is just focusing on work and school for now. She's the only playable sim at her dorm so she gets a little lonely sometimes with work and school taking up most of her time. She's part of my older rotation though so she will be returning home soon. Lucky for her, her parents are surprising her with a trip to Simwaii as her graduation present.

The Plaza dormitory kept me busy with only four sims. Three girls, all attracted to the one guy. Two of those girls are siblings and the other one is engaged! Didn't stop any of them from sharing sloppy seconds and even thirds! Way to go Alan!

Some interesting tidbits about them: Melissa Landgraab had gotten pregnant by Alan Reyes when she was a teenager. She ended up having quads and giving them all away to the adoption agency. Melissa and her sister, Mariah, got into a big fight over a guy right before heading to college so they're not on the best of terms right now. Mariah got pregnant in the beginning of her freshmen year by Alan and rolled to keep it. So that definitely didn't help their relationship. Mariah had the baby girl and sent her back to her parents. She will be dropping out of college after she finishes up the semester. I don't think Mariah and Melissa will ever repair their relationship. Their parents are very upset at Mariah right now. She was going to become a teacher! They had high hopes for her since Melissa had gotten pregnant as a teenager. They are both military parents so they had high expectations for them.

Georgina Wrightley will occasionally hook up with Alan when its just both of them at the dorm. She's engaged to be married to someone else though so she better hope she doesn't get knocked up! It'll be hard to explain to her fiance why they have an alien baby!

So far Melissa and Alan havent hooked up again. I think she learned her lesson when she was a teenager. And after seeing her sister have his baby and keeping it, who knows if he'll even step to the plate. I kind of feel bad for her, she's unwillingly being thrown into a Jerry Springer type of situation lol. What will their children be to each other? Half sibling and cousins??? Weiiiiiird! I'll feel even more bad for her if Mariah and Alan do end up together. Having to see your sister with your baby daddy playing house would just be bizarre.

Melissa did hook up with Ryan Harris during his 'break' with Sophia. I wonder how that will work out since it seems like Sophia may want to take him back after giving it time.....
Scholar
#504 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 9:49 AM
Gcgb53191, there's actually a name for children who're half siblings and cousins -- three-quarter siblings :D

-

Next up was the Wegner household. Last rotation Emily had gotten abducted and pregnant, having triplet alien babies. They got given up to the adoption services, making the household a little less chaotic for this rotation.

Though I really need to write down sims and intended spouses as Dawn Wegner has a fear of breaking up with August Vanderpol -- August who has twins with another sim and is currently in university, rooming with another sim he has two bolts with. So...either Dawn loses August, or Elena loses August.

Brandon Wegner also has some interest in newly-teened Kayleigh Storm, but I'm not 100% sure if the age difference is a little too high (her: 14 days to adult/9 days to uni, him: 7 days to adult/2 days to uni at start of rotation; second year of university by end).

(And this is when I went and wrote down all the names for sim young adults and younger, stared at them for a good number of hours trying to sort it all out, and finally hit upon relationships I was okay with. It's more of a "this is who they'd settle down with" rather than a guarantee they'll get together, and I am potentially splitting up some couples.)

Anyway. Back to the Wegners. Dawn moved to university on the Friday, and between being a Family sim and having her spouse worked out, she's the household heir. Might be a little cheaty as she looks an awful lot like her mother April, and I adored April from almost the first day, but...my game, my rules :P

April moved off to university with just a scholarship for good grades. A good all-rounder (4 or 5 points in every skill) but nothing exceptional. Brandon moved to university the next day, also with just the good grades scholarship.

Sunday was a family get-together, albeit one that's a lot smaller than some of the other families I could name. Interestingly enough, due to Jason and Veronica having Vivian fairly late in life, she's around the same age as some of the grandchildren of Riley (Jason's twin brother). Scott, Riley's eldest, is only a couple of years out of university but already has six children, including twins Justin and Roy who are exactly the same age as Vivian, and Natalie I think is only three-four years younger than Vivian. Either way, some interesting family dynamics as (aside from Roy being very active) they all have similar personalities.

Emily headed off to university on Sunday with the good grades scholarship and the extraterrestrial reparations grant. They'll be off to university and back again before the triplets even think about university as they've still got a whole week left. Reece'll be a teen on the same day that Dawn gets back from university -- it'll be interesting having a sim starting their new adult life while their sibling has only just become a teenager.

--

The Vanderpol household was next. With August heading to university and Raymond guaranteed to be the household heir things are a little subdued. Despite not being Romance sims, both August and Raymond were quite the charmers, leading to a difficult decision on who their spouses should be.

Everything was pretty quiet. Trevor and Daniella woohooed at every opportunity, Raymond skilled up for university...and Felix died on the Saturday.

Sunday was a family get-together, and potentially a little more sombre than normal. Astrid and her family got invited over and I had a moment of panic about whether I had unintentionally married her to her nephew's half brother. No, I hadn't -- August's father is Emmanual Mann, and Andrew's father is Heath Marshalls.

By end of rotation, Raymond had amassed five scholarships and was on his way to reach his sixth. It just ticked over to Fall in the household, so as well as being a high motivation sim (and the skilling boost he gets from that) he'll have the Fall skilling bonus too. He might even make his LTW (max 7 skills) before he even sets foot on campus.
Field Researcher
#505 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 12:28 PM
Right now I'm rebuilding it - my old laptop has some problems, so I had to buy a new one. Time to start over - but hopefully I can still save the SilverMoons!
Lab Assistant
#506 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 7:49 PM
Eli Hanby went off to college much to the pride of his one father and the disappointment of his other. Sheldon is hoping that Eli will use his new education to take the keys to the slowly blossoming mafia that he's starting, but Eli's heart is to a more earnest career.

The orphanage got a little bit of a present from the government (the magical genie lamp in this case) that gave them some very much needed funds. Life is going to get a lot easier for the children of the orphanage now. They can afford to add that 2nd bathroom that was needed and upgrade the kitchens and bedrooms for the children (errr, child right now).
Forum Resident
#507 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 10:14 PM
I spent a fair bit of time planning a new modern 'hood, with rules affecting game play based on a mix of in-game politics and religion. Basically, I came up with different ideas for taxation to build town funds, priorities for spending town funds (community lot improvements mostly, but also grants/allowances to certain sims), and rules about allowable sim behaviours and objects (ban the bubble blower or gypsy lamp...), and punishments for committing crimes (fines to town fund or living in the jail). I came up with several sets of these rules and decided after each game year I'd roll to see which set was to be followed for the next year. Further complicating my town was religion, which sometimes played back to the political rule sets (a couple of the sets favoured one religion over another, or had spending priorities align with a particular faith such as my nature worshipers and spending on parks and grants for clean energy sources). I came up with three belief systems for my sims - one monotheistic, one nature, and one centered on aliens. Each religion had a couple of community lots, daily or weekly activities for members, and it's own list of rules for members' behaviour that might differ from the political rules at times. I built a new terrain with SC4 and planned areas for agriculture, a town center with mostly community lots, and low, middle, and high class residential areas. I decided to use mostly empty templates, except for Bon Voyage and Apartment life as I wanted both tourists and social groups this time. Then I started setting up a new downloads folder - I kept my favorite sets and recolours, most of my mods, and then added almost all of the crafting stations from Plumbob Keep as well as some of Beck's animated animals and still ended up with a smaller folder than I'd had.

Then I decided I wanted to start a medieval game instead of a modern one, and I've zipped up that downloads folder for later use and discarded huge portions of my rule set. I created a second new downloads folder with medieval replacements and recolours, a few other items, and the crafting stations and animals, and it's still smaller than my other game folder.

In my medieval town, there will now be two religions - aliens are replaced with elves and merged with my nature lovers. I'm drawing on some of the ideas in the Medieval Charter Challenge for some guidance regarding fees and taxation, but some fees, laws, and spending will be determined by the interests of the sims in the ruling family. I edited my terrain to remove a couple of roads, and added an empty custom downtown and Brainania University (the terrain is perfect for my island kingdom, but I am replacing the buildings with less modern ones). My main terrain and the bulk of my town is situated at the mouth of a river on the shore of an island - the shores of the island are cliffs aside from the beach at the river mouth. The downtown I've added is a lake located in the interior of the island. I'm not sure what I'll use the downtown for - probably a few venues that otherwise won't fit into my themed 'hood and for overflow, but I wanted to add it before I repair or update the game (I've got UC) and origin overwrites my mostly empty downtown template with the original. I'm using the same mix of templates that I had planned for my modern game, and I've default replaced the AL outfits so the social townies wandering about are appropriately dressed.

Because I included AL and BV's original stealth hoods, I've got the Goodies, Gavigans, Newsons, and Travellers in my town. I've moved the Gavigans and Goodies in together and set the Goodies as Mary's parents; they are the highest ranked family on my island (by reason that the outfits Mary and Faith wore were replaced with nice gowns). The Travellers are going to by foragers, and the Newsons are farmers. I added 8 YAs and they paired off at university; I then set a couple of them as siblings. The siblings and their spouses are currently living together and fishing, and the other two couples are taking up hunting and pig farming. My daughter created two other households - a single woodcutter and his dog; and a widower with his elder mother, a toddler, and a child. Aside from the playing the YAs through university, the only thing I've done with most of them is move them onto empty lots and give them (invisible) phones. I'm having lots of fun decorating the neighbourhood - it has a waterfall, lots of forests, some ships, and a town wall.
Field Researcher
#508 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 2:46 PM
Nothing particularly interesting actually but I randomly clicked on ts2 play button in origin today and saw that opening video the first time after years. (I had downloaded the digital origin version when it was 'on the house' last year I think)
So I started playing goth family. I realised how cute some gameplay details were. Like little video animations cutscenes for certain actions like getting married, wohoo, having a baby etc. The humour in ts2 is adorable. Also some other little touches like sims place plates for everyone when serving meal, dirty diapers everywhere, babies are not tied to cribs..etc

Anyways now, cassandra and don got married as planned, had a daughter named samara, meanwhile don invited nina caliente because he rolled the want to woohoo with her. I tried to keep cassandra busy in the bathroom commanding her to wash her hands, clean the toilet, take a bubble bath a few times while don and nina were having fun, but I forgot how ts2 jealousy system worked, so they got caught anyways. How did she know? How could she see them from the bathroom? Who knows... lol Now cass is mad at don. End of the story.

I also remembered how frustrating build and buy modes were. Items load soooo slow so I gave up decorating. Just played a little and done. Bye again ts2.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Instructor
#509 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 5:37 PM
In my BACC, children have started aging up into teens. Most of the born-in-game teens aren't extremely compatible with each other, so I was so happy when Peony Bloom and Thom Foster got together. They were childhood best friends and really close. Peony is two days older than Thom, so she was already a teen at his birthday party to age into a teen. Immediately after becoming a teen, Thom went over to her and they had their first kiss together. I was so hoping they'd date as teens, but was worried that Peony's romance aspiration might cause a problem, and that he'd get something like family (since I always randomize aspirations). But Thom randomly rolled the pleasure aspiration, so it was perfect! Immediately after kissing Thom fell in love with her, but Peony was a little more reluctant, since she still kind of had her eye on a teen townie. So Thom decided to take her out on a date to the new restaurant in town. It's basically the only community lot that's really okay for teen dating at the moment, since the bar in town is set with visitor controller to be adults only and the only other community lot is Peony's family's produce shop. Anyway, Thom and Peony had a great time on the date, and it reminded me of all the super cute restaurant table interactions. Though both Peony's twin brother Briar AND her mother Jocelyn showed up at the restaurant! Talk about nosy family members! I guess they wanted to make sure Thom was okay, though Jocelyn should already be well aware because she babysat for Thom a lot when he was younger and is actually friends with him.

Before long, Peony had forgotten all her misgivings and was deeply in love with Thom too. Thom decided to ask her to go steady with him. While Peony's memories show a little apprehension about it, she seems pretty happy because she has a constant fear of breaking up with Thom. After I played Thom's household the next on the rotation was Peony's. On both days, Briar brought Thom home with him from school, so Peony and Thom spent the afternoons kissing and hanging out. I'm so excited about the first real relationship! I will just be devastated though if Peony's romance aspiration kicks in and ends up hurting Thom. But then again, Peony's parents are a romance/pleasure couple who are completely faithful.
Top Secret Researcher
#510 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 5:39 PM
Amazing how much one rotation could change a sim's life!

Mariah Landgraab went from starting as a freshmen at Sim State to having to drop out of college by the end of sophomore year because she had a baby with Alan Reyes II. Her strict military parents refused to let her come back home so she moved in with Alan and his parents. Alan's parents welcomed her and the baby with open arms. Alan is their only son so of course they are overjoyed with their first grandchild. They had to expand the home a bit in order for everyone to live comfortably but luckily they had the funds.

Mariah will try to finish school via taking online classes. Luckily for her, Alan's father had just retired so he's able to help watch baby Carrie. Her relationship with her own family is a little strained so she decided to invite them to little Carrie's birthday party as gesture of moving past everything. After all she is an adult now!

Carrie aged into a toddler and looks just like Alan! She has Mariah's skin tone and eyes, but she has Alan's facial structure.
Field Researcher
#511 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 2:32 AM
Drama in the Beare house.

Shashamane Beare, unbeknownst to her husband, Marley Ashton, had been having an affair with her elder I/T colleague, Ali Osama bin-Fahd. When she became pregnant at the end of the last weekly rotation, she wasn't sure who the father was - Ali or Marley.

On Wednesday morning of this week, she gave birth to a son, Tafari Makonnen Beare. Officially, Tafari was a product of the marriage, but Shashamane knew the truth; a truth she kept from Marley. The guilt overwhelmed her - in Tafari she saw a daily reminder of her betrayal of her husband. Shortly after the birth, she left, leaving her children with Marley and moving in with Ali.

The irony wasn't lost on Ali, who had been in Marley's shoes last week, when his first wife, Abrihet Gebreselassie, had left him for an older man, echoing Shashamane's actions. Nonetheless, he and Shashamane were soon married and she gave birth to their first child, a daughter they named Ibtihaj.
Lab Assistant
#512 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 5:17 AM
I just started a new household. Since they have a little bit of extra money, I decided to hire a butler. I don't usually hire them, because they usually wind up causing trouble in my households. But this time, I tried to see if things would go any differently.

So, the butler shows up and immediately goes to the kitchen. Great, right? He starts fixing Lobster Thermidor, tosses it in the oven... then gets distracted and starts fixing hamburgers! Of course, a fire breaks out and he's just standing there, prepping away at his hamburgers while everyone else is freaking out, doing the fire dance. Finally, the firefighter comes and puts out the fire, but not before Mr. Butler throws a fit that there is no stove top to cook on since the current one was on fire.

Needless to say, he was fired after that. Lol.
Forum Resident
#513 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 8:51 AM
The first family I played a full season with in my new medieval 'hood was the Newsons. They are farmers, with a small herd of sheep (3 for now) and a couple of goats for milk, but the main part of their farm are the crops - they spent the last day of spring planting tomatoes and taking turns taking care of the toddlers. After building them a small shack, a couple of fields, and a barn/shed, I rolled to choose a OTH for each of them and half of them rolled nature - the dice must approve of my making them farmers. The summer was mostly hot and miserable for the Newsons; they don't have a school to attend, but they had a lot of work to do and keeping them from getting over heated was a challenge. They also kept rolling hard to achieve wants, so their aspirations were hovering near the border between red and green. Well, not entirely. The twins were mostly in great moods as Ginger and Gavin took turns filling their wants to learn skills. In some ways, that made them harder to deal with, as with them in platinum I kept forgetting to check their needs and missing their sinking energy or hygiene until they were nearly miserable. Everyone did take some time to play with their two new herding dogs; they will be trained over the winter once there is more time for them. I'm using BO's aging controller with everyone aging three times per week, so the twins have another couple of days as toddlers. Gavin has a want to fall in love, so I'd like him to meet someone not already in a relationship (everyone he knows is either married or a child). Ginger made friends with the woodcutter, and had her first kiss with him. As the season ended, Gallagher and Gabriella were watering and tending the garden, hoping to improve the crop quality. Gavin and Ginger were coming along behind them and harvesting the best of the produce. The children each have gold gardening badges while the teens have silver - I think that's due to them taking time to teach toddler skills and prepare meals. In the fall, Gavin will fill some of his money-making wants by opening a stand to sell their produce, and then the family will have time to build relationships with each other and start filling other wants.
Forum Resident
#514 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 8:40 PM
Long ago, when Ivy Gavigan (Nathan & Mary's daughter) was a teen, she got pregnant by Ranu Grunt (Ripp's son). This caused all kinds of trouble through the years between the Gavigans & Grunts. Everyone is over it now (except Ivy's twin sister Isabella who just can't forgive), but there is still history. Isaiah Gavigan's daughter, Illyanna, never paid much attention to the feud. She was a bit sheltered because Isaiah and his wife Tina Traveller were both media magnates and very wealthy. In fact, they considered the whole feud beneath them and did not get involved at all. So, when Illyanna became a teen and started dating Topaz Grunt (Tank's grandson), her mom didn't think anything of it (Isaiah was dead by this time). Actually, Tina didn't think much about her kids and what they were doing most of the time. With Isaiah gone, she was running Gavigan Media all alone and worked long hours. As she was an elder, this was taking a toll. When she wasn't working, she was usually sleeping. She was vaguely aware that her son Immanuel was dating an alien girl and Illyanna was dating some blonde kid from the Grunt family. She didn't worry about it too much, she always locked her bedroom door when she was gone and that was the only double bed in the house. Unfortunately, she forgot about the hot tub. The teens woohoo'd there when she was gone a couple of times and then the rotation was over. Eventually, I went to play the boyfriend's family and was surprised that Tina kept showing up and knocking over their trashcan. She didn't know the parents and she had only the briefest interactions with Topaz. Curiosity got the better of me and I went back to their house to see what the deal was. It ends up that Illyanna is pregnant, so Tina is furious at both of them. I either forgot that or didn't hear the chimes when it happened. Oh well, here we go again...
Forum Resident
#515 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 12:52 AM
My game is starting to feel like the "Jaws, Nessie, Espresso and Andromeda show". I play that household all the time, because stuff happens there all the time that draws me into it, but I feel a bit guilty towards my other households, although I tend to get "flow" and play the same households lots of days in a row, so it will probably someone else's time soon (but not until E's and A's respective kids have grown up to teenagers, which is soon). Anyhow. Speaking of the kids, Zelda and Modesty got to join the other four to a three-generation-night-out in City. Since there are no creeps in The Sims, clubbing with kids is awesome. Little Zelda and Modesty danced all night. Nessie joined a dancing competition and didn't win it for the first time, which honestly kinda disappointed me xD At least it was one of his cousins who won.

Last time I played with this household, Espresso leapt into Nessie's arms which caused them to fall in love, and I had them kiss and wohoo and thought that was that. When it comes to Espresso, I feel like kinda "clearing the air" like that would have been enough, it mostly came across as an admiration-kind of crush that went intense because of his and Nessie's lifelong close relationship, Nessie on the other hand keeps rolling more or less romantic wants about Espresso and has kissed him and given him romantic hugs a few times. All in all he seems absolutely infatuated with Espresso in a way I haven't really sensed with anyone else save for some married couples. Espresso gladly participates when Nessie goes romantic with him, but he doesn't take any initiative himself and is quite possibly getting into something with a really cute townie called Ville. Besides being Espresso's mother's cousin (and sister's father) they have known each other forever and Nessie was pretty much his dad, in that sense it's all kinda awkward, so I've decided to just stay out of this and let them do what they like without my participation. Nevertheless it's somewhat intriguing; sim relations, at least in my game, tend to be very straightforward and I feel like their feelings towards each other are more complex and multifaceted than I'm used to see when I play.

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#516 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 1:59 AM Last edited by k6ka : 9th Jul 2016 at 2:00 AM. Reason: removed some mojibake
I recently got back into The Sims 2 after several months of avoiding the game. I really needed that time to get back my life! (And school was in the way too, but let's put that stressful misery aside)

Perhaps inspired by the Newson family that shipped with AL, and perhaps inspired by some of my own writing, I just created a brand spanking new family with three members... well, two now. I wanted to create a family with no living parents, with the idea that the siblings would have to take care of each other. Since CAS won't allow for an adultless family, I created the three Sims (one adult, one teen, and one child), moved them into a temporary lot, killed the father, and moved his grave to a cemetery lot. Now it's just the teen and the child; I moved them into a cheap apartment that costs about ยง500 per week, and we'll see how it goes from there. So far, the brotherly love is quite strong...

It's tough, but oh, so heartwarming.
Top Secret Researcher
#517 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 11:24 AM
I have quite a few students graduating and moving back to the neighbourhood. They're busy getting married and creating babies - well, actually, one couple has got married and produced twins; another has married but the husband is already seeing ex-girlfriend across the road; a female Sim moved into an apartment before her fiance, had him visit and is now pregnant before he's even finished university. There are a few that want 6 kids or to graduate 3 kids and I realise how many of my houses only have 2 bedrooms. Time to build (or download) some more suitable housing.
Field Researcher
#518 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 12:57 PM
So far I've started a new genetacy family, Adam and Eve Miller. I'm working on building them a house (around them, naturally) and they just had their first babies, twins named Adrian and Adrianna. Still in the process of tweaking my game as well.
Forum Resident
#519 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 9:17 PM
I've got the Goodies set to be Mary Gavigan's parents. This family is the wealthiest and has the highest rank of any family in my medieval town, and they collect and hold the funds that will be used for community lots - because of this, Herbert is working in the politics career. His first day of work was horrid - two steps out the front door on his way to the carpool, Herbert was struck by lightening. He went into immediate bladder failure, and I sent him to have a bath. He then missed the carpool and walked to work, getting reprimanded for being late. Nathan is working toward his goal of becoming Marshal of the Realm (topping athletic, with a default replacement) and has just been promoted to knight. As he is now a knight, he had to buy a horse and other equipment; the manor house now has a barn and grazing area, and there is a storage area for Nathan's weaponry. Faith took it upon herself to teach her grandson Isaiah to read. She enjoyed that, and then brought other children and teens into the house to teach them to read. Isaiah liked it, as that let him meet other kids in town, and the rest of the family appreciated it as the students paid for their learning by doing a few chores about the manor. Mary got pregnant but quickly had a miscarriage. She recovered, but was miserable for the first half of summer. She's taken up weaving as a hobby, and was happy to finally have a successful pregnancy and to give birth to a girl at the end of summer. The midwife was paid with some of the corn ground and butter churned by Faith's students.

The Hunter family spent the summer desperately trying to earn enough money to pay for their lot - forested lots are expensive, even with only a tiny house. They were able to pay off the mortgage, pay their rent and bills, and get the basic furnishings they needed. I think they should fence the area with their outhouse though - some of the animals in their forest could be dangerous.

The pig farmers surprised me when Mai gave birth to twin sons, Pippin and Merri; they were the first of a string of multiples. This family is my poorest; they have their essentials, and a few pigs, but aside from that they had no money. Fortunately their pigs were growing and selling one provided enough funds to pay the midwife and to get a couple of sacks for the babies to sleep on. In addition to the pigs, Leonard and Mai are growing a few tomato plants; they should have enough food between those and the occasional pig to get through fall and winter.

The Weavers were expecting twins, and were relieved it was only twins. Elizabeth had gotten pregnant while still a YA, and the twins are the oldest sims to be born in game. They moved out of the house they had been sharing with Elizabeth's brother and into a house with a shop in town. Travis, Elizabeth, and Elizabeth's mother have been weaving furniture and opened the shop the day before the twins aged to toddler. Adam and Drew are going to keep their parents busy, and their Granny was a big help with them over the summer.

I was expecting to keep Granny living with Elizabeth and her twins, but her sister-in-law got pregnant at the start of summer. Roxanne and Jacob Fisher live in a tiny shack without much space - the bedroom (for everyone) is 5x6. The cramped space was too much with two couples, Granny, twins, and another pregnancy, which was why the Weavers moved sooner than they'd wanted. With just one couple, there seemed to be plenty of space for a child or two. They spent the summer fishing and getting ready for a baby. The midwife came over, and Roxanne then had quads (I've got the random version, and odds are 2% quads, 4% triplets, 8% twins). Three sleep spaces for babies/toddlers fit in the bedroom with the double bed, but the fourth child has to sleep in the equally cramped main room. I don't know how they'll manage both catching enough fish to earn a living and caring for four babies without additional help, so I'll probably move Granny back in with them - they'll have to take turns sleeping, though. Jacob is a family sim; he immediately rolled a want for 10 kids, but I have no idea where he thinks he could keep that large of a family. I took out bunkbeds and the mod for inaccessable sleep spaces when I took out a mod that stopped autonomous bed-jumping, but I might have to put all those back in if this family gets any larger. I thought about adopting out the kids or moving them to an orphanage, but I don't have a caretaker for the orphanage yet; my plan was for that to be a second generation matter.

I then played the Travellers. They are wealthy, but have tossed that aside to live in the forest as foragers. Trent is a devout follower of a nature based religion and has moved the family for that reason. Trisha shares her faith with Trent, and Tina does for now (I think she might convert to the monotheistic faith most of the sims in the town follow - I really should come up with names for these two religions). Trent and Trisha have shown up as part of almost everyone else's welcome wagon, and I've never seen them have this good a relationship with each other. The last two versions of them I've played, they didn't get along and Trisha (and ACR) started flirting with others almost immediately. This time, their relationship was at 100 before I'd even played them, and all of their interactions are successful. I made a couple of hounds for the the family, and Tina loves both animals. She is also friends with the Newson children, who seem to take a lot of walks in the woods. Trisha also had a pregnancy over the summer, and she also had quads. At that point, I considered killing her. I think she survived childbirth only because of Trent's devotion (he visited a sacred grove and encountered a wandering tree from Sun&Moon's Restless Roots set, and got sap that filled motives). I did set her to now be infertile, and it's probably good she survived as Trent would have been too devastated by her death to care for any of the children and Tina is still too young to help. At least the Traveller home has more space than the Fisher home - it still only has two rooms, but the sleeping room is a longer and with some adjustments I should be able to squeeze enough beds in. The quads aged to toddler on the last day of summer, and both parents rolled wants to play with them and teach skills. Tina rolled wants to play with one of her brothers, which surprised me, as her relationship with the three boys is half that of the relationship she rolled with her sister. She is able to tickle and play peekaboo with all of them, which is nice. This is a very happy family.
Mad Poster
#520 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 11:50 PM
I raised five sets of twins. First two sets are on the verge of becoming teens. (Deep sigh of relief).
Lab Assistant
#521 Old 11th Jul 2016 at 10:37 AM Last edited by Quietscheente : 11th Jul 2016 at 3:21 PM.
Jessie Pilferson got pregnant with Mickey Dosser's child in her last year at college and I wasn't quite sure what to do about it. I tend to let my Sims give up their babies for adoption if they get pregnant in college, especially if they have a "Reach-Top-Of-Career"-LTW like Jessie (caring for a baby and at the same time getting a diploma is hard and I use a mod by Cyjon which makes it very hard to reach top of career without having a college degree). Plus Jessie is a romance Sim, used to live at the sorority at the time (where babies aren't allowed) and did everything she could to prevent a pregnancy (she was on birth control but it failed). But since she was close to graduation anyway I've figured I would let her grow up and check her thoughts on having a baby then before I decide.

So Jessie graduated and bought a small house in Downtown. She didn't have a fear of having a baby and when her son Jamie was born she started with a high relationship with him (50+) so I decided to let her keep him. But money was tight (Jessie could afford a crib for baby Jamie but not a changing table) so she called over a nanny, applied for the best paying job she could find that day and went to work. She came home with a promotion as well as the opportunity to just go to work again thanks to wildly different work-hours. Since she had the required skills and friends for the next promotion I let her, leaving Jamie once again in the care of the nanny.

Only this time the [censored] nanny freaking left after an hour or so and with Jessie still at work for another 5 hours of course the social worker came and took Jamie away. At this point I seriously considered rage quitting but then Jessie came home and wasn't unsettled the slightest by the loss of her child. I kept playing her for another day and she not once stopped to cry over the incident like Sims usually like to do. So I figured she was ultimately fine with it and saved.

On the bright side Jamie will at least meet his brothers in the orphanage (Nick and Aaron Huffington, twins of Heather Huffington and Mickey Dosser).
This nanny however will have to die!!!
Field Researcher
#522 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 4:35 PM
After Tiffany Sampson FINALLY graduated from college (I think she was on probation for 3 semesters), I turned her into Tiffany Oldie. I thought it'd be a fun storyline. She's supposed to be Mary Sue's much younger (also adopted) sister. Mary-Sue has died and Tiffany moved into the Pleasant house. Daniel has some bolts with her, so this could turn a certain way.
Scholar
#523 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 2:59 PM
Not much of interest but I had a crazy idea for a house that I wanted to try out. The house is almost done by the way but no one have moved in so far. Anyway, I had this empty lot that I once started to build on but I never came to finish it. It's the "Tiny House" from Nightlife (2BR 1BA Driveway) http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...=20120817222712 and i replaced all of the outher walls whit very big windows (don't remember what EP they came whit, OFB maybe, but they are 3 tiles long and cover almost the entire wall) . Yes I know, it's a crazy idea (maybe even a very bad idea) but I wanted a house that would (sort of) take away the borders between outside and inside and do so just for the fun of it. All of my houses tends to be overloaded whit stuff but here I wanted to keep it as simple as possible. In exaple, if I hardly have walls to put paintings on, where should I put the paintings? Nowhere, so I leave them out. I do not know if this lot will work well but I want to try first to see.
Theorist
#524 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 1:59 PM
Autumn is still coming.
- Alan Grolleau, the burglar got caught and finally put in jail. He's waiting for appear in court.
He is now the sim who is looking at through the telescope. He can't slap anyone since he has a prisoner token.
- Iael Granville-Carver found out she was pregnant. So she had a shotgun wedding with Sven Fournier (ex-dormie) and she became Iael Fournier. She decided to take over her mother's flowers business when the time will come instead of pursuing her dream of being an athlete.
Top Secret Researcher
#525 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 2:10 AM
As I had written some years ago [yes, my game progress is impressive!] Sachiko had married her hobby teacher and got two sons. She was too career-orientated, and after the birth of their second son she started flirting with everything that moved. Fights started, the boys took their father side, for he was the only one who really was taking care of them and taught them everything, and finally mother and sons became enemies! At some point she had rolled the wish to offer his youngest son for adoption, although it was the oldest one who congratulated his father on the divorce when the couple broke up.

Yesterday the oldest son got married. For some reason, Sachiko thought his wedding was the best place at the best time to fight with the younger son. Sons and father were furious, but the wedding guests had the best time of their life, the party was a roof-raiser . At 18:00 of the same day Sachiko would grow into an elder, and after her behaviour I decided no more Elixir of Life for her, so I let her grow and go. Just the moment Sachiko grew into an elder the father rolled the want to drink her. Wish was granted (for the very first time ever), but I wonder: why it took him so long to roll this want, and why he rolled it just after Sachiko's birthday? Is it just me or Sims can be really weird?
Screenshots
Page 21 of 351