Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#10351 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 1:00 AM
Sims can still swim without having ladders. They just jump in the water and hoist themselves out of the pool.

I totally agree with you about lighter lots, they do play better. Or if not lighter, more sensible with things added that Sims will actually use and enjoy.
Advertisement
Scholar
#10352 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 1:13 AM
So that's something else new I learned today. I though that the Sims traditional murder method of getting them into the water & remove the ladders was still valid in Sims 3.
Field Researcher
#10353 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 1:45 AM
*sniff* Makes me all nostalgic for the days when a vampire could easily disintegrate into a pile of smoldering ash. I've only had the pleasure of seeing that once at one of my pool parties.
Scholar
#10354 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:13 AM
I would never see that since I have banished both vampires and parties from my game...
#10355 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 4:22 AM
I learned that sims can die from trying to divide by zero. I quickly reset to save him (I swear he had a death flower on him to bribe the reaper with but it wouldn't let me access his stuff) but yike. He basically exploded.
Mad Poster
#10356 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 9:56 PM
If a Sim has a Death Flower in their inventory when they die then they should use it automatically. You shouldn't need to click on it since control is taken away from the player once a Sim starts to expire.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#10357 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 12:50 PM
Sims can give Wedding Congratulations!
Well, apparently. My Sim suddenly got wishes to give wedding congratulations to Sims in Isla Paradiso... though I have no idea how I was supposed to fulfill that wish. She didn't know those Sims, they weren't on her lot (she was at home) and I couldn't see them in any of the surrounding areas... and I don't have SP active.
Mad Poster
#10358 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Sims can give Wedding Congratulations!
Well, apparently. My Sim suddenly got wishes to give wedding congratulations to Sims in Isla Paradiso... though I have no idea how I was supposed to fulfill that wish. She didn't know those Sims, they weren't on her lot (she was at home) and I couldn't see them in any of the surrounding areas... and I don't have SP active.

Not sure what SP has to do with anything, but how about if they go over to the happy couple's house, ring the doorbell (if it's not too late at night), introduce themselves, chat about whatever for a while and then congratulate them?
Scholar
#10359 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 10:09 AM
Yeah, but how am I supposed to know who these Sims are? It only mentions their first name in the wish - I don't know where they live (and I am not gonna have her traipsing around all over Isla Paradiso for this) or if they are even home at the time. And far as I know, NPC Sims don't get married and such automatically, unless you have Story Progression turned on.
Mad Poster
#10360 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Yeah, but how am I supposed to know who these Sims are? It only mentions their first name in the wish - I don't know where they live (and I am not gonna have her traipsing around all over Isla Paradiso for this) or if they are even home at the time. And far as I know, NPC Sims don't get married and such automatically, unless you have Story Progression turned on.

With MasterController, one can Focus on any sim by way of running the Focus command and X to dismiss the filter on City Hall at any time. There can't be that many sims in the same world with the same first name. Then it becomes a matter of catching them when they are home or in some other accessible place in town. With the NRaas Tagger mod, you can see map tags for all sims in your world when in Map View. But if you don't have or use those mods, then I would agree that this is a wish best to be dismissed. Or it probably is anyway if it's just not worth your time to pursue.

As to how or why the sims allegedly got married in the first place, all I can say is if they truly loved each other then they wouldn't let such a thing as lack of story progression get in the way of their happiness. I know that I probably wouldn't.
Site Helper
#10361 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 5:48 PM
I discovered that baby red dragons breathe fire while they are sleeping. :lovestruc
Screenshots

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#10362 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 7:27 PM
I discovered that if I put 4000 screenshots on a thumb drive, get bored, and then decided to improvise a vaporwaveish artwork with them, it ends up looking like you're tripping ballz.

(for lack of a better name, I call this one amberwave.jpg )

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#10363 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:44 AM Last edited by HarVee : 28th Feb 2017 at 6:03 AM.
The Das Kauker R86 guitar from High-End Loft Stuff is named after Robi Kauker. Robi has contributed to music soundtracks for various Maxis/EAxis games since 1997 Streets of SimCity.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
#10364 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 8:38 PM
Don't know if it's just a glitch, but i just put Evil Mr. Gnome on the ground, and then sold it by dragging it to "Drag here to sell", then i went to edit town, and got back and boom: the gnome is on the ground and can be sold again. Infinite money without cheats!!
Mad Poster
#10365 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 8:48 PM Last edited by gazania : 1st Mar 2017 at 4:19 PM.
That a Singer Sim can set himself on fire while doing a sing-a-gram.

Great. Fine. I can see that. But then, the recipient can walk away and the poor Sim, now alone, can burn to death. And there seems to be little you can do to stop it! When I rushed his girlfriend over in my case, my aspiring Singer had already died. No saving THAT game (reminds myself to keep saving THROUGHOUT the game).

And the messages I'm reading are true ... Monte Vista is prone to gnome memorials. My poor Sim has at least seven of them.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#10366 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Samppuli
Don't know if it's just a glitch, but i just put Evil Mr. Gnome on the ground, and then sold it by dragging it to "Drag here to sell", then i went to edit town, and got back and boom: the gnome is on the ground and can be sold again. Infinite money without cheats!!

This kind of thing happens with a lot of items in-game if the clock is paused when you sell. I see it more with produce than with gnomes, but then my sims handle and sell a lot of produce items. Usually moving the game clock forward a sim minute or so, or only selling when the game is not paused, doesn't allow this to happen.
Lab Assistant
#10367 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
This kind of thing happens with a lot of items in-game if the clock is paused when you sell. I see it more with produce than with gnomes, but then my sims handle and sell a lot of produce items. Usually moving the game clock forward a sim minute or so, or only selling when the game is not paused, doesn't allow this to happen.

Oh really, i wonder why i haven't noticed it before. I'm gonna try it with other items later!
Instructor
#10368 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 9:46 AM Last edited by Butterbot : 1st Mar 2017 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Added attachment.
The brick fencing used for the entry points in the Sunset Valley graveyard is not in the catalogue. The games allows it to be deleted, but there's no way to rebuild it after since it's not even in Buy Debug and cannot be cloned with the eyedropper tool. It's also not CAStable.

And despite the fact that Build Mode has three fences that use the same mesh and look very similar, none of them can match the pattern exactly, even with CASt.

ETA: Solved; see attachment.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Butterbot - Sunset Valley Graveyard Brick Fence Unhider.zip (606 Bytes, 45 downloads) - View custom content

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Forum Resident
#10369 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 1:48 PM
That reminds me of all the fences in Riverview being uncloneable and unCASTable, for reasons I've never bothered to discover.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10370 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
That reminds me of all the fences in Riverview being uncloneable and unCASTable, for reasons I've never bothered to discover.
That's because both Sunset Valley and Riverview were built and released before a later patch, the one for WA, introduced CAStable fences, staircases and railings and added the additional ability to clone them with the picker tool. In the case of fences you can still find both versions, the CAStable and the non-CAStable ones, in Build mode, because the patch did not replace the old versions with the new ones but added these as a second option, and I bet that the non-CAStable stairs are still in the game files too, but hidden from view.
Alchemist
#10371 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 10:57 AM
Left to their own devices, some Sunset Valley couples seem to act very similar in all saves.

Hank Goddard and Pauline Wan are the ultimate on again/off again couple. They broke up several times, dating different people in-between, and kept getting back together. I think one of them died single but I can't remember which.

Geoffrey/Nancy Landgraab and Thornton/Morgana Wolff are the most stable couples. Back when they were alive, I used to get a lot of notifications about them getting along really well. The Landgraabs also had one more child on their own.

In contrast, Nick/Vita Alto always break up.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#10372 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 2:19 PM
I discovered that a potty-trained fairy toddler with an Imaginary Friend doll and a fairy house can ignore the fact that her babysitter is spending all of his time outside playing with the chemistry station rather than taking care of her, because she's fairly self-sufficient.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Mad Poster
#10373 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I discovered that a potty-trained fairy toddler with an Imaginary Friend doll and a fairy house can ignore the fact that her babysitter is spending all of his time outside playing with the chemistry station rather than taking care of her, because she's fairly self-sufficient.

If sims had their own individual finances outside of the household combined ones, I would probably consider paying the toddler by the hour for keeping an eye on this so-called babysitter.
Top Secret Researcher
#10374 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

A fairly true statement, that! (I see what you did there.)
Site Helper
#10375 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 4:55 AM
I think they did that to make the hidden object games in the loading screens harder.
"Find the classic palm tree." "Find the Fan leaf palm" "Find the Coconut palm" "Find the traveler's palm" "Madly click on every palm tree in the entire picture in the hope of hitting the right one before it picks a new palm tree to try clicking on."

Page 415 of 490