Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Replies: 409 (Who?), Viewed: 95747 times.
Page 10 of 17
Lab Assistant
#226 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 9:49 AM
@desiree101, you're right!

@Nilxis, you brang much more life to the city, wich is really Great! The clotheslines between the houses are an original detail thatakes the difference. About the city not being so isolated, Just Look at Japan! They commercialized a lot with China and later Portugal, but then some conservative militars closed the country almost completly for over two hundred years. As I noted about the backstory, the uranesian government closed the city due to the pirates.
Mad Poster
#227 Old 17th Dec 2016 at 11:31 AM
That's mind-boggling and I can't wait to go explore this world in my game. It'll look even better in postprocessed UHD with enhanced LODs.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Field Researcher
#228 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 9:17 PM
So any guesstimate on a beta release date?

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Theorist
#229 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 9:39 PM
Ok... I love the changes. The new, kinda medieval urban look of the world, with lots of houses and small streets and the nebula in the sky at night! My god what a beauty this world is. I'm just gonna make alien creatures inhabit this world (maybe with occasional human).
Test Subject
#230 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 5:36 PM
I just went through all the pictures again. It's still breathtaking. But i guess there ist still a loooot of work ahead. Hope we'll see more soon
Merry Christmas everyone.
Greetings from Germany.
Lab Assistant
#231 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 4:53 AM
@nilxis mea culpa, so you're a dude, lol. May take me a little time to process that since I assumed you were female for 2 or 3 yrs. Got a chuckle out of that.
Field Researcher
#232 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 3:18 AM
Oh wow! I can't wait to see more! This would be a great holiday destination for my Medieval explorers!

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama onYoutube and Tumblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#233 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 1:12 AM
Thank you so much to everyone for the nice comments, and sorry for responding so late. (Happy new year!)

@MW_thesism3, Exactly! I was thinking about more details of the backstory, such as where do the people in the island come from. And I realised it would be a lot more interesting to create connections with people from other places, especially because after Uranesia I'd like to create more places of the same planet

@RylandHomes, I truly wish I could tell you, but right now there's still so much left to be done that it's impossible for me to know. Several months for sure.

@Looseal, hehe no problem!

----

UPDATE TIME!
It seems like every time I post an update I have fewer things to show you, today there's only one lot. In my defence I can say that it's by far the most complex lot of the entire world, and I've spent weeks building it (It costs almost a million simoleons ). This lot is the Royal Palace of the city. This is what it looks like:

Hopefully I can show you new updates of the city soon! I hope you like it Feedback is always welcome!

Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Test Subject
#234 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 1:57 AM
amazing omg! i can't believe this is all just a lot in ts3, this world looks like it could be its own video game lmao
Scholar
#235 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 9:45 AM
Amazing! And even better to hear you want to build more worlds like this Love the vegetation, and the walls, those blue cornerstones make the look even more distinct.
Field Researcher
#236 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 3:56 PM
I'm the thirth person saying it after that post so I'm not very original, but...Amazing! How...How can you do this? And the buildings really make me drool.
Theorist
#237 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 12:23 PM
It's so unique and the new palace is very grand. Super wow.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#238 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 10:21 AM
First of all: I need a button that's better than "love".

Second: help me pick my jaw up, please? <3
Test Subject
#239 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 12:39 AM Last edited by Bordew5 : 10th Feb 2017 at 12:27 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilxis
one thing I can't do and I would like to have is bioluminescent plants for the jungle, like the ones from Avatar's pandora:

Maybe you could make outdoor lamp posts that look like trees, on auto, they would only light up at night, and would be like the street lights of the world. Take a look at the University Campus Lamp, the object has a solid texture, where most lights are transparent, and it "glows" at night when it's lit up. Perhaps you can create a similar type of light that has a tree or plant model and could have a glowing texture appear on it when it lights up at night, I think you can also change the default color it lights up to make plants that light up different colors. Not only will the plants glow but they will also cast colored light on the world around them. Only problem is the University Campus Lamp appears to not actually be a source of light.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#240 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 11:18 AM
Thank you all so much for the nice comments

@Bordew5, thanks for the tip! I found these plants by Souris at Khany Sims which look just perfect for what I'm planning at the jungle: http://www.khanysims.be/special-lunar-lakes.php
However, like the University Campus Light, the plants are not a source of light. But I still can hide other lampposts inside rocks or tree trunks and adjust the colors to do what you say. I've actually done something similar in the city with the ancient egyptian torches. I've placed them from SuperCAW and they don't create light around them, so each one of them has a hidden lamppost inside of it

Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Test Subject
#241 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 2:53 PM
Wow Nilxis... it looks just amazing.
I don't know if this is useful for you, but here is a mod that "unlocks" the giant flowers of the ITF utopia version and places them in buydebug : http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=515841
Maybe you can use them for your jungle?

Screenshots
Theorist
#242 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 2:53 PM
Hmm what about those lights from LN that are invisible in real-time? There's wall and ceiling versions of those.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#243 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 2:06 AM
I have been quietly watching the progress of Uranesia for a year now. I have read through this thread countless times, and your Tumblr, and even your blog, watching the creative process. I have seen you take many suggestions from people in this thread and apply it to your world. It's truly amazing to watch all these creative ideas grow due in part to you openness and integration of the many imaginative things that others have suggested. I don't know if this is common place in world building, but none the less it is amazing to watch. Sometimes when people hear criticism they refuse it, but you actually take some of those criticisms and use them to improve your world. I am so beyond excited and inspired to see Uranesia continue to grow.

I am not as talented as you and the many people in this thread, but I have become so inspired so far I have made 17 sims for this world, all with stories, and I have more in my head. I can't stop! This world is so beautiful, so colorful, so imaginative that it's literally contagious.

When I was creating sims I did not know what you wanted the sims of Uranesia to look like. However, I remembered you mentioning that you wanted them to have a grayish complexion. The thing is, I also really loved the beautiful deep brown sims that Bordew5 created, as well as the East-Asian look of the character cyberzombieprincess drew, and also her Asian/Aztec inspired clothing. In fact, it was your re-blog of cyberzombieprincess' drawing that made me begin making sims. I tried to combine all of these elements together. So what I came up with was as far as genetics, I go with majority tan to deep skin complexions with the exception of the "witch blood gene" (lol sounds lame) expressed with grey-toned skin, and hair that is either white, blue-tinged, or green-tinged. I try to dress the sims similar to cyberzombieprincess, but it's hard to limit cc and get the right look. I have also come up with this thing that like some families in Europe or Japan have a coat of arms/heraldry, every family in Nea Divarapolis has 2 colors, and these colors they wear in a set of two stripes, or in a dual pattern somewhere on their clothing.

I would love to share pictures with everyone, and eventually, when you get to populating the world (I know it's a long time coming), share my sims, if you're willing. By that time I'll probably have 50 lol, I shouldn't laugh though, because I probably will.

I know that this is long, but I would have never shared this if you and the MTS community were not so open and welcoming to comments and ideas. So thank you Nilxis and thank you everyone. I just wanted to tell you how inspiring you all are and to how much I love this world.
Test Subject
#244 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 11:23 AM Last edited by cyberzombieprincess : 4th Mar 2017 at 3:49 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuruFuruu
In fact, it was your re-blog of cyberzombieprincess' drawing that made me begin making sims. I tried to combine all of these elements together. So what I came up with was as far as genetics, I go with majority tan to deep skin complexions with the exception of the "witch blood gene" (lol sounds lame) expressed with grey-toned skin, and hair that is either white, blue-tinged, or green-tinged. I try to dress the sims similar to cyberzombieprincess, but it's hard to limit cc and get the right look. I have also come up with this thing that like some families in Europe or Japan have a coat of arms/heraldry, every family in Nea Divarapolis has 2 colors, and these colors they wear in a set of two stripes, or in a dual pattern somewhere on their clothing.

@FuruFuruu This is so amazing? I am so happy my drawing inspired you to create sims? I too has been following this thread for ages but never created an account to reply, until now this made my day truth be told so thank you thank you thank you! I know this is nilxis thread so it's for him to decide, but if you are comfortable with sharing pictures of your sims, I would absolutely adore to see them as I originally drew those clothes to inspire sim-making!<3 And also huge thanks to Nilxis, keep up the amazing worldmaking and good work!
Mad Poster
#245 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 9:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizerist
Hmm what about those lights from LN that are invisible in real-time? There's wall and ceiling versions of those.

Great idea, but don't those only work on lots?

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#246 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 12:29 AM
Hey everyone, sorry again for the late answer!

@Chihara000, Thank you for the link! Unfortunately, I decided not to use ITF for Uranesia, and it's not installed in my computer. That would be a very nice addition to the jungle though.

@tizerist and @GrizjePiljon, Good idea Perhaps I can add them from SuperCAW. I've never tried it so I don't know whether they would light up, if I can find and place them.

@FuruFuruu, Your post literally made my day, thank you so much, seriously! It means a lot to me to see that you guys keep having such an interest in Uranesia, considering how slow I am at building it and how long it takes.
I would love to see the Sims you've created, and their stories! As I said before, I want to finish building the world before I start fully planning its population, but we can start thinking of some ideas, I love to get inspiration from you. As you said, you help me making the world even better, so I'm very thankful for that
(Especially when it comes to creating Sims because I suck at it )
I like your idea about the different colors for each family too

@cyberzombieprincess, Thanks for the interest too, and for your designs

BTW, some weeks ago I wrote a draft about the history of the population of the island, which answers some questions about its people. You may be interested in reading it I wrote about the discovery and the settlement of the island, and the construction of the city. In the future I will write about how the islanders started contacting other parts of the world, the mysteries of the island, the present situation, the pirates, etc.

Here's what I wrote:

As you can see, I've changed some things from the original backstory.
Also, because I've changed the story about how the city was built, now it needs a new name, it's no longer called "Nea Divarapolis". I'll let you know it when I decide it (None of the ones I've come up with so far has convinced me lol)

Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Scholar
#247 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 6:02 PM
Your new background story is a nice concept I think. It offers lots of opportunities as the newcomers don't understand a lot of things and just took advantage of what they found (justified by the prophecy). How do the other parts of your initial concepts into this? Like the Pirates and those on the inaccessible island? Are the pirates then the initial inhabitants?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#248 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 1:07 AM Last edited by Nilxis : 6th Mar 2017 at 4:34 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent T.
How do the other parts of your initial concepts into this? Like the Pirates and those on the inaccessible island? Are the pirates then the initial inhabitants?

@Vincent T., this is how I imagine things happened:

1. The ancient people of Uranesia mysteriously disappear and leave their buildings and culture behind.

2. The fugitives from the Continent reach the island and eventually make it their home.

3. They rebuild the city, later they build a port and start contacting other peoples and trading with them. The trade is almost secret: Uranesians take their products to some kind of micro-island-nation owned by free merchants and used as an international commercial center. They have a deal which doesn't allow merchants to follow them back to Uranesia. That way the island is still practically unknown.

4. Until some pirates* discover it:
A)They intercept the trading ships.
or
B)They reach it accidentally.

*Pirates working for some country/kingdom in the Continent?

5. They find something valuable in the island and build a small settlement/colony on the coast, where they load their ships and send material to the Continent.

6. The people in the city fear an invasion. They improve the city's fortification, especially in the port. And this is the present situation I'm representing in TS3

About the inaccessible island, I was thinking about making it a separate world: an island visible from Uranesia in the distance. It will make Uranesia lighter. Besides, it would be very difficult to lock an entire community within the same world. I have some ideas about the relation of Uranesians with the islanders in the inaccessible island, it will be one of the mysteries to discover :P

You can see that I'm imagining lands beyond the island of Uranesia, and hopefully I will be able to finish Uranesia one day and create new worlds linked to it. Some sort of saga of Sims 3 worlds filled and connected with stories

Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Test Subject
#249 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 7:54 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 6th Mar 2017 at 8:53 AM.
People see posts like this and they don’t read them. And I completely understand just look at this shite haha!

This is a long long post….

@cyberzombieprincess
Wow, you created an account on account of me (that pun tho lol)? I was so happy to see you respond, because I honestly didn't think you would see my message as I'd never seen you here. What a wonderful surprise!

You have an amazing talent! Yes, your drawing was the inspiration that made me begin making sims for Nilxis' beautiful world. I am so happy Nilxis shared it on his Tumblr! I think the clothing style you designed is perfect. Uranesia has this wild look, but yet all this complex culture and architecture. I think your style displays that perfectly. When you look at all the wilderness and stone, some might go for a more wild look but I think your interpretation is a nice balance of the two. Also adore the hybridization of cultures displayed in your patterns and design; Incan and Aztec as well and that headdress, I immediately thought Thai. It doesn't look exactly like a Ram-thai crown, but maybe that was the inspiration? Just beautiful. The patterns and headdress are very intricate which is a nod to a deep culture, and yet the style is simple. Perfect!

I just wish there were more items out there that looked like your design. I feel like I'm cheating somehow when I dress some of my sims, because I can't always stay absolutely true to it because of the limitations. CC makers where you at? Lol. Anybody out there willing to sacrifice some of their time (I know it's precious) to do this? That headdress first please? Lol.

And because you and Nilxis asked, I will share pictures and a brief (very brief because I do go on and on lol, but I'll make sure this is succinct) summary of the story of each sim. Now that you called me out, I do feel shy about it but I will share.

So glad you saw my message!

@Nilxis
You responded so quickly! I am smiling like an idiot writing this haha.

Of course we're still interested in Uranesia. Any good thing takes time. And you're good with always keeping us updated on the development. By all means, take your time! When Bioware is developing one of their masterpieces, the last thing I want them to do is rush. Please take your time Bioware, and please take your time Nilxis lol.

I'm so stoked that you're interested in my sims and that you like the two color concept! I was thinking I looked like a total lame gushing like that. I probably still do lol. I know you're still world building and it's going to take you a while to actually go super deep into culture. But in the meantime, as you suggested, I would love to trade ideas with you and everyone here! I'm so excited!

Usually you have some awesome pictures hidden under that spoiler tag and you're feeding our eyes, but today you're feeding our minds lol! I am so so so happy to finally hear some more back-story about the people who live in this beautiful place!!! And so happy that Vincent T. got even more information out of you!

After I read your update, I immediately went back and reread your first post (like a geek). And I agree with Vincent! I love new details. I like in particular the prophecy, "The Nest," the micro-island and secretive trade, and the expansion of the time frame: that it took hundreds of years to establish themselves and build in the city, vs the short period of time when they fled the pirates and built the city. It takes a lot of time and resources to build a city. It took the Egyptians 10-20 years (which is pretty short) to build one pyramid, but they had a shite ton of slave labor and Uranesians did not have that (at least I think so, at least I hope so). I think it would have been more plausible that at some point during that time the pirates would have somehow found them rather than them remaining hidden, so you changing that to this more recent incarnation I think is a definite improvement.

I am sad to see the inaccessible island go, as I am super intrigued about its people, but I have to begrudgingly admit that you probably made the right choice. Besides, the fact that you said you plan to build it as another world along with other extensions to this world lessens the blow of the loss and makes me all the more excited! I am curious though why it is inaccessible now? Before it was inaccessible because you said they cut the bridge to the island. I'm not sure if it is a floating island which is obviously inaccessible (which begs the question how they got there to begin with sans bridge). However, it may still be inaccessible due to hazardous currents (like the Cape of Good Hope/Cape Agulhas), or jagged rocks, or an impossibly long shallow shore that make it impossible to get close to the island without destroying or beaching your boat, especially larger boats. So exciting! All that voodoo maybe haha. Like the dark island in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. What a terrifying island. (The book version not the horrible mangled movie version)

Boy do I go on and on.

I know this is a little much to read, but I just had to share eveything. To hear two people tell me that something I said made their day really means so much to me! Thank you so much both of you for your lovely responses! And as always, can't wait to hear more about this lovely world!
Test Subject
#250 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 12:42 AM Last edited by FuruFuruu : 15th Mar 2017 at 12:19 PM.
Hi everyone!
Since Nilxis and cyberzombieprincess have encouraged me to do so, I am posting pictures here of the sims I have created. As I mentioned in my previous post, so far I have 17 Uranesians (hopefully Nilxis will deem them so). I used items from the base game, WA, SPN, IP, and ITF (I just recently discovered that you are not using ITF Nilxis which is a bummer as I relied heavily on that). I also used 5 store items (2 of which, I could actually do without). Unfortunately I do have some cc, a total of 11 cc items skins included, hairs excluded (I know it's a lot and I really tried to limit it). Majority of the hairs are cc, however, I did that on purpose as EA hairs are abominations. I will change them back to EA hairs in the final version. The lame stories are clearly made up by me haha. All of this is a work in progress open to any suggestions. Very nervous.

I hope I did you justice cyberzombieprincess.

Without further ado, am shutting up now, here they are;

Page 10 of 17