Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1726 Old 28th May 2017 at 1:59 AM
@gazania.

Rule 4: You may use career or aspiration rewards. Buyable career rewards http://modthesims.info/d/374017 Or if you have Nightlife or any newer EP you can use a cheat, unlockcareerrewards. You will need a sim on the lot to use the cheat.

Linked to on the front page of the contest.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1727 Old 28th May 2017 at 3:07 AM
Making a new post since hail does not always work as an added edit.

@Peni Griffin Question from a judge, does your tree house have foundation since it's attached to the house?

I was wondering as well as I can't see the bottom.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#1728 Old 28th May 2017 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Making a new post since hail does not always work as an added edit.

@Peni Griffin Question from a judge, does your tree house have foundation since it's attached to the house?

I was wondering as well as I can't see the bottom.

I got the treehouse up to the right height by adding a column on top of a foundation, setting the floors, and then deleting columns and foundations. I figured it wasn't cheating since the foundations wouldn't exist in the finished house and it was in the spirit of adding a separate foundation for an outbuilding. If I figured wrong I'll eat my penalty without a murmur.

Speaking of penalties: the roof on the current house looks noticeably lighter in my full game than in my AGS, too. I don't have any lighting mods, and I have looked again for something, anything, that would change how the roof looks, but I can't find it! That doesn't mean it's not there, though - it could be hiding behind an uninformative filename, and now it's bugging me. I'm going for the no-CC bonus in both the Lambert house and the one I'm about to post, but I will totally understand if I lose it because you think the roof's too far off standard.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#1729 Old 28th May 2017 at 3:35 AM Last edited by Sweet Mystre : 28th May 2017 at 6:57 PM.
Round Four - The Rhode's -(No CC)
Link to my submission - The Rhode's

They're reviving a Lighthouse which was unmanned for decades then scheduled to be demolished. What better way to re-use and recycle but to bring life to an old place, to give it new purpose. A nice little B&B (only 1 room)....
They also have to add their own personal touches to the building.

Lot Picture... Cape Craggon's Light

...a non lot picture- The Rhodes- Ocean Blue and Star Dust

(fingers crossed I have it all correct)
Mad Poster
#1730 Old 28th May 2017 at 4:48 AM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 30th May 2017 at 1:36 AM.
Round 4, Newman, No CC

Welcome to the new home of the Newmans: Pat, Chris, Pooky, Harley, Tabby, Grimalkin, Pandamonium, and Pollychrome. Plus miscellaneous fish.
First, the required shots.

Okay, let's show off this house as best we can.
And that is 18 pictures.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1731 Old 28th May 2017 at 4:52 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 28th May 2017 at 5:06 AM.
@Peni Griffin I am already allowing your roof from last round since I know you have taken steps to find a file and we weren't sure if it was just light due to the sun. Thanks for explaining the tree house, that is fine.

The roof from this round does look like cc though, I can't overlook that. I would pop the lot file into your other game and take the front shot there if you want the no cc bonus.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#1732 Old 28th May 2017 at 5:03 AM
Sweet Mystre, I like the exterior of the lighthouse, red and white go well together, similarly to purple and yellow in the house by Peni (but yes you must have a roof shader replacement somewhere, roofs don’t look that light without CC). I like purple + orange combination too.

I uploaded my entries, they can be found here

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Forum Resident
#1733 Old 28th May 2017 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Sweet Mystre, I like the exterior of the lighthouse, red and white go well together, similarly to purple and yellow in the house by Peni (but yes you must have a roof shader replacement somewhere, roofs don’t look that light without CC). I like purple + orange combination too.

I uploaded my entries, they can be found here

I was SO HAPPY to find that you've uploaded your entries. I remain amazed by all of the creative, unique builds - each of you are ..well.. you are all amazing. I've decided to create a custom neighbor hood ( or sub hood) featuring all of the made available for download entries ( and those that I've enjoyed building just for the joy of accomplishment) :-)
Mad Poster
#1734 Old 28th May 2017 at 6:24 AM
Okay, I've changed out the front shot and the roof shot for pictures taken on the original lot in the AGS setup. The roof texture in question is "tanned slate." I'll keep looking for the guilty file. I seem to remember that Icad said she'd made something to change the way the roofs looked and that the custom roof textures she makes (many of which I do have) are designed to work with that rather than with the Maxis rendering, but all I can find is her roofs, not any file that should affect all roofs. I guess I should ask her about it, though it's her busy time of year and she may not get back to me in time to do me any good.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1735 Old 28th May 2017 at 6:37 AM
That's a huge difference, the other roof picture looked cream.
Good idea, she will know the name. It's a real pain to have a file and not be able to find it. Sounds like it would be best in your default folder.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#1736 Old 28th May 2017 at 8:14 AM
Woohoo! (Sorry, no, not that sort of woohoo) I managed to get onto the computer and spent four hours creating something... Amazing, you think you've got heaps of cash but when you start adding little touches it soon runs out. I don't have much landscaping at all and very little "clutter" - where the hell did all the money go?

Edit: I have three storeys - does that mean 19 pics?
Mad Poster
#1737 Old 28th May 2017 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Wow, I haven't even started yet and you're all just about finished.
You don't need to worry about me. I'm not nearly as close to posting as it may have looked in my picture. I'm still adding stuff to bring the price nearer to §80K. I'm up to §59.5K now. I've still got to paint (or paper) the bedroom walls and add a front door. This budget still feels enormous to me. I'm just not used to having as much money to spend on a Sims house. (Three's not much point in me building something that no-one can afford to buy.) They might even get that §8,000 flat-screen television yet -- they've got the §3.5K one at present. (Most of my Sims get the §500 TV, if they get one at all.) Once I've finished building, I'll play them for a day or two before posting. It will probably be a week or so till I'm ready.

And now I've got distracted. Inspired by another current thread, I've added a new single Knowledge Sim to the 'hood. She's called Gwen Geachie and she wants to build robots. (Something I've never done.) She's also helping me by testing one or two features I intend to use in the Rodneys' house.

Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I have three storeys - does that mean 19 pics?
I think so.

By the way (if it's not a rude question), what happened to krudyard?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1738 Old 28th May 2017 at 9:03 AM
I am still feeling blahh off and on with a fuzzy head so no rush, I may very well extend this round.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#1739 Old 28th May 2017 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria

By the way (if it's not a rude question), what happened to krudyard?

Oh, you remembered my previous name? I felt in need of a change.

I discovered where much of the money went - a fence. Man, that fence was expensive. I replaced it with another I don't really like but there's not a great deal to choose from with non-CC.

A pity I still couldn't afford the in-ground spa pool - 8,500 is just too much of a sacrifice.
Mad Poster
#1740 Old 28th May 2017 at 11:42 AM
This is for Voeille - (and for all who love flowers too)

pics of Namaqualand, South Africa, when the spring comes. The area is dry, but once in a year, there are flowers as far as the eye can see. The flowers will not last if you pick them, but some of the daisies will grow in other parts of the country.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#1741 Old 28th May 2017 at 11:49 AM
I can't resist ... could some of those daisies be ... gazanias?

I found another move_objects oops and managed to do quite a bit of redecorating. It's a great feeling to find that you actually had more Simoleons than you thought!

Hmmm ... it appears that whoward has a no skilling bar mod. I might put that in the game, using it alongside plumbbobtoggle and no headlines. Things can still appear over the Sims' heads and interfere with picture-taking, but there will be fewer of them!

One thing that amuses me in this build ... my hippies are constantly bathing using the sinks. Yes, I have a shower/tub combo. Yes, it's clearly accessible and they'll happily bathe in it, too. But my scenario has a reporter visiting the home of Zenith and Cardamon Rhodes, the famous pottery artist and artist respectively, and it appears the photographer for the Contest Town Today website is going to get quite a show.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#1742 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:48 PM
Yes, Gazanias are part of the wild flowers in Southern Africa, grow wild all the way to Tanzania, really, and probably the most well-known perennial from Namaqualand. During the spring burst, though, there are hundreds of species flowering.

Those sponge baths - hahaha! - sound quite suitable for hippies The photographer may, of course, interpret the show typical of hippies ( )

I have Evans's house at a nice round 80 000 now. It will have to do!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1743 Old 28th May 2017 at 1:51 PM
Reminds me of the desert over here.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#1744 Old 28th May 2017 at 3:02 PM
Those flowers are great (both Justpetro’s and Jo’s)

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#1745 Old 28th May 2017 at 3:20 PM
Pretty, Jo! We do share similar climates and plants, don't we?

Namaqualand is not desert, though, although it is not a high rainfall area - it is a huge area of around 400 000 square metres (150 000 or a bit more miles) and it a huge tourism attraction here - there are many guest and game farms there.

It can take up to 3 weeks tour if you want to see all the flowers. You can go through by train too - something on my bucket list

Ready to test Evans's house. I really hope there isn't any problems there, changing it will be - unpleasant.
Lab Assistant
#1746 Old 28th May 2017 at 3:24 PM
Default Round 4 Evans
Meet Mr Evans (I made a mistake and didn't realise that you had given him a first name joandsarah so in my game he is called Dafydd (Welsh for of David).

This was the first time I had built a modern house and I think it came out okay for a first attempt!

Dafydd decided to do some putting after work to relax. As you can see the property is situated in acres of mature woodland. With all the builds I looked at none of them used blinds or curtains. It seems that they use the remoteness of the build to deal with the privacy issue.

Required images

Other pics.

Scottiedoag
Mad Poster
#1747 Old 28th May 2017 at 4:52 PM
WOW!!! You guys have all been busy beavers! ...and those flowers are gorgeous too :lovestruc

I've just got a few more 'comments' to write up - then my judging will be done for this round

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#1748 Old 28th May 2017 at 5:09 PM
Orange cocktails coming right up, Cat

I forgot to give Evans a phone!!!! Now I will have to find simoleons for a phone somewhere
Lab Assistant
#1749 Old 28th May 2017 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Orange cocktails coming right up, Cat

I forgot to give Evans a phone!!!! Now I will have to find simoleons for a phone somewhere

Now that's just weird so did I! It started off a nasty sell something buy phone now lot needs more spent on it thing! Good luck vibes heading your way!
Scottiedoag
Top Secret Researcher
#1750 Old 28th May 2017 at 10:33 PM
Cool house, scottiedoag. I like what you've done with the supporting columns extending the house over the pool. Did you use CFE?

I need to change a few things and somehow find enough simoleons for the changes.

Page 70 of 106