Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2151 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:31 AM
It’s nice we can have more pics It might still be not enough for me though, I always need plenty And given that there’s no budget, the price shot isn’t necessary, but I’d keep it required, I’m curious how expensive everyone’s lot is

And I agree with Phae that the lot seems tiny, I surely can’t fit everything I’d like there, a 4x4 one would allow for more things. I’ll definitely have to play test it at least a bit to see if all the densely packed things I have and plan to add are usable. I found 4 toilets as a bit annoying requirement as I had a perfect place for just two full restrooms with a shower in there (I like to have a shower on my community lots, and it seems very appropriate if I have a sauna), but I managed to extend it a bit and fit 4. maybe I’ll make a second story of that building if it ended up larger? I’d manage to fit more things then.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2152 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 12:51 PM
You don't have to give a price shot, but it might be interesting. I thought the lot was 4 by 4? I made it before the contest so I can't remember, what is it?

By 4 toilets I mean one female with 2 stalls and one male one with 2 stalls since I loath urinals. I fitted four toilets and a shower in each on that larger foundation.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2153 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 1:49 PM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 12th Jun 2017 at 2:26 PM. Reason: clarity
I hope that bathroom requirement is loosely translated to mean: a room with a toilet and sink in it, because goodness knows I have 7 "bathrooms", but only 2 are of the stall variety. I have some that are like the ones you would see at a hospital or small store, where it's just a room meant for one at a time, with a toilet and sink with no gender door.
Field Researcher
#2154 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:13 PM
Default Round 4 - Play along - The Rodneys

As the saying goes: Better late than never. I actually had the house finished for quite some time but wasn't really in the mood to take the pictures and then, just when I had the pictures done, I decided to add blinds in the bedroom and the bathroom on the top floor. As I didn't want to retake all the photos, the blinds are missing on some. ^^" The bathroom doors are also normal glass doors. Those are going to be replaced with frosted glass, if I ever happen to actually use the house for my sims.

My Rodneys got a pool, a BBQ and an outside eating area including a buffet and keg. The second floor consists of a nice seating area and a big dance floor. The required object, the Little House Lantern, is placed next to the bubble blower behind the house.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2155 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:39 PM
Good luck with the moving Phae! That is ALWAYS such a pain!

Well I had thought about a "roaring heights" version or a park or a church. Would a wedding arch count? For the flirty/romantic item?
Top Secret Researcher
#2156 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 3:50 PM
Awww, gdayars, such a sweet idea! A wedding arch is most certainly romantic and a start of a new family union. Sounds perfect to me.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2157 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 4:18 PM
Jo, it's a 3x3. I agree with Voeille, had it been a 4x4, I would have been in business with a roller coaster park, water park, circus, etc. With a 3x3 though, gotta think on a smaller scale. I'm liking the idea of outdoor stage though. I might go that way.

As for moving, I've lost track of the number of times I've done it in my life. I stopped counting when I reached 30 times before my 30th birthday. For not being an army brat, my parents still moved around a lot (always within the same town thankfully, so no school changes) and then when I got to college, as part of my course work, we were sent on job assignments every 3 months for 3 months. I'd love to claim that normally I'm a bit more prepared and packed than this sorry state right now, but usually I'm some sort of not nearly packed enough. This time in particular marks a return to exile for me, so I'm less enthusiastic about it. I'm leaving Columbus and returning to my parent's place in rural Indiana while I job hunt in Cincinnati. It worked 4 years ago, so hopefully it will work again.
Mad Poster
#2158 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 8:00 PM Last edited by gazania : 12th Jun 2017 at 8:32 PM.
Even if you build on the foundation, I'm finding the space pretty small. Stairs are a no-no, unless I want to take up most of a floor (I'm trying not to build on the deck because usually, a four-story building wouldn't rest on a deck at all). Spiral stairs will take up a good chunk of the room. Fortunately, budget isn't an issue, so I'm going with elevators. Apartments have all-elevators in the game ... why not a community lot building?

Gots a question for more-experienced builders. Gratefully, I'm using the Metro windows in my game, being careful to include only the windows I'm using in the download. The upper floor of my small eatery is CFE-d to allow the top of the food stand to extend below the ceiling (though I am experiencing a very slight poke-through, ... off to get the invisible tile for the basics list) Originally, I put the ground-floor Metro windows, CFE-d, and the windows fit just fine. Unfortunately, when I CFE-true and remove the foundation and walls, something happens to the windows and the walls dip down a little into the windows, no matter what I try. At first, I thought it was because I CFE'd too low or forgot to turn the cheat off, but neither is the case. The windows fit perfectly ... until I turn the cheat off. It's annoying as crap.

Am I doing something really stupid here, because honestly, I can't figure it out this time?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#2159 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 8:51 PM
I'm having a hard time... I come up with partial idea and then just stare at the lot without an idea how to put in in. Every layout idea just doesn't seem to work. I'll have to just start again and see what happens.

Hope everyone else is having a better time with it!
Scholar
#2160 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 8:54 PM
@joandsarah77 are stalls a requirement, and gendered doors, or are restrooms with a toilet, sink and shower (and normal door) fine too? I’d rather have those restrooms than stalls.

And a 4x4 lot would be great, I could fit much more, now that shell I built and those few objects I placed are really packed and as I said before I worry about routing problems and fitting all the things there. I’d like hot tubs but there’s no way to fit them on my lot. I actually wouldn’t mind rebuilding it if you decided to swap the lot to a 4x4 one, or, even better (because then no rebuilding would be needed), if you allowed us to expand it to a 4x4 one with LotAdjuster (e.g. add more at the back and on the left, but not at the front and the right). If not, I’ll finish what I have and hope sims won’t have problems with anything

Phae, 30 times is a lot, I’ve only moved two times – from my parents’ flat to a flat in the city with my uni, and after two years from that flat to the one I’m living in now (which I like much better because it’s a one room flat with no flatmates at all, which means no-one complains when I’m cooking dinner at 4:00 AM ). I’ll move out after graduating, and I’ll live in a different country.

Edit: I wanted to reply to gazania but forgot – what I noticed with CFE’d walls is that if I put a window there, the mesh is fine, but the hole it’s supposed to make is lowered. So I end up with a window mesh and a hole below it instead of where the mesh is.

Simblr
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2161 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 9:11 PM
gazania, that's normal for CFE and windows. CFE will move the mesh of the windows, but it won't always move the window's alpha, so you get a weird cut. Sometimes it will fix itself if you save and reload, but other times you are just screwed. Hit or miss really.

Voeille, 30 is a lot, and you'd think for how many times I've done it I'd have all my stuff pared down by now, but I'm really pack-ratty. I think it prolly helps me cope with the always changing environments. My bedroom walls might be different, but I always have this dresser, that bookcase, this bedspread, and that pile of papers I can never seem to sort through, so I'm not *really* moving? The annoying part is when companies want to verify who I am on the telephone by my address. Then I have the rack my brain thinking when was the last time I talked to this company? I usually try to get them to give me a hit, like what state it was in at least. If they are being particularly pesky and being all "no, it's against policy", I start with listing all my oldest addresses first so they have to listen to like 16 before we get to any that are even close to being right. If they are willing to work with me, I try my best to get it in one or two. Seriously, anyone trying to steal my CVS Pharamacy profile or my cell phone bill or my crappy health insurance isn't going to be able to guess my full address if they just say Connecticut, Indiana, Ohio, Minnesota, Virginia ... and it would really save us a lot of time!

What country do you live in now, and where will you be moving too?

Jo, if you're cool with allowing either a 3x3 or a 4x4 that would be totes awesome. A similar thing happened to me in my first round. I accidentally misspoke and told my peeps a smaller sized lot than I intended, so for that round I allowed either size.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2162 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 9:12 PM
@gazania, while, yes, a building wouldn't normally be on deck foundation, as long as there is a couple tiles worth of it around the edges of the building, you wouldn't necessarily know that the whole thing is on decking (if that makes sense, lol)
Scholar
#2163 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 9:57 PM
Phae, I live in Poland and plant to move in to the UK. And I’ve never moved with furniture, both the flats I moved into had furniture. Things like bedding, bedspreads, blankets, cushions etc. are mine, but not things such an armchair. The only exceptions are an endtable and a shelf, but those were got long after I moved in here. However, I somehow happen to have a lot of things – when we were moving my things from my previous flat to this one in five car journeys (it was possible as it’s the same city; and it was a normal car, not a van or anything), and one of the journeys was for potted plants only

It’d be great if we were allowed to expand the lot, I’d easily fit the things I’m willing to include in the lot

Simblr
Mad Poster
#2164 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 10:17 PM
Good luck with your move Voeille! I hope you'll like it there. I am English but living in Germany. It seems every time there is news from home I have to read it through my fingers at the moment :o

I was thinking about a water park, but when I tried putting in the pool, there isn't very much space at all. I think I'm going to rethink that, perhaps leave a small decorative pool, but not for swimming.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#2165 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Edit: I wanted to reply to gazania but forgot – what I noticed with CFE’d walls is that if I put a window there, the mesh is fine, but the hole it’s supposed to make is lowered. So I end up with a window mesh and a hole below it instead of where the mesh is.

That's where Numenor's Unlevel wall #90 comes in handy. It fixes those CFE'd "cut outs". Since CC is allowed this round - you should try it out! (The link is in every one of my downloadable lots!)

Good luck!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2166 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 10:49 PM
Okay you guys, I will allow you to use either a 3 by 3 or a 4 by 4. You do need to carefully recreate it from my picture.

Nobody needs 7 toilets, just 4. I don't care if they are regular or stall. I do however hate urinals, but since it's not me judging you can probably get away with those nasty things as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2167 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 10:52 PM
I had a horrible thought in the middle of the night that because many of you seem to be choosing just one type of attraction on your lot, that a multi- purpose lot might not be allowed? Mine's a community centre with library, playground, outdoor stage, restaurant and bar, parent room and toilets. I've packed a lot into the space. I'd hate to have to rebuild it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2168 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 10:54 PM
You can do whatever you want. Just meet the requirements and leave the foundation in place, that's all I am asking.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2169 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Okay you guys, I will allow you to use either a 3 by 3 or a 4 by 4. You do need to carefully recreate it from my picture.

Nobody needs 7 toilets, just 4. I don't care if they are regular or stall. I do however hate urinals, but since it's not me judging you can probably get away with those nasty things as well.

Are you picking on me, Jo?
I think if/when you see how they are planned in separate buildings, you will change your mind. There is a method to my 7 bathroom madness.
...unless I'm just bat crap insane.

(and you ALL know how I am about the Sim butts.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2170 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:11 PM
Does anybody know how many tile in lot adjuster that will be to turn a 3 by 3 into a 4 by 4? Is it 5 left, 5 right and 5 back? Now I will say again you are welcome to leave it as a 3 by 3.

Lol Gb. Well I did notice that number 7 floating around. I guess it will be lucky for someone.

Guys don't forget that the parenting room needs a toilet too.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2171 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:12 PM
And I juuust managed to squeeeze everything in the 3x3. I doubt I can use Lot Expander to make it a 4x4, though I'd have to count the squares,

Admittedly, it wasn't at all easy. I have activities for adults and children, and had to make a separate non-foundationed building for just the kids. And that parent/child room wound up being HUGE! I'm on my way to checking if I'm including too much. So far, I have two single bathrooms in the main building, the parent/child room on the other side of the food stand with an adult potty and a toddler potty in the same bathroom (in the spirits of the pictures of these rooms), and will probably stick bathroom #4 in the separate child's building, since I would think a child wouldn't want to trek across the lot to use a bathroom.

To make the building fit everything, I had to resort to cantilevering each floor (yes, it's a modern building, and hence, the question about going over a foundation on the second floor). And while I tried to include performing arts, I had to cut that part out.

At this point, I have no idea whether this lot will be appealing to anyone's eyes. I know it's the lot I want in my game because I don't have a non-beach version of it, but my tastes tend to be somewhat basic, judging from all the entries in the past. .

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#2172 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:14 PM
I dreamed about this project last night! Since there's a certain number of non-standard gender identities in Crooked Beach (I've made the families I didn't build for, too) I'm planning to take pictures during the Pride celebrations and draping the weathered walls with appropriate flags. But the ones I have on the H&M mesh don't include an intersex flag. Which is a problem because Jonathan Eliot is intersex, despite the unambiguously masculine name. So in my dream the lot was not only finished, it was real and had features I won't be able to fit in (unless I expand the lot...hmmm...) and the Rhodes were decorating it and became determined to track down an intersex flag so Jonathan could have a flag like everybody else, a quest which took us all over the island and into some weirdass houses, including a pricey apartment that was way worse than a Maxis original, with a wall blocking the fireplace, and a remote country hermitage where a blind old woman was playing Sims 2. Our quest availed us naught and time was running out when I woke up.

So when I checked the smaller flags I downloaded from tumblr last week, I was relieved to find an intersex flag included. Jonathan need not feel slighted and can dance their butterfly dance in all the sureness of belonging.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2173 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:15 PM
You need to add 10 tiles to either side and 10 tiles to the front or back or 5 to each side, Jo.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2174 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:17 PM
Thanks Karen.

Guys don't sweat the toilets so much, I don't care, use non gendered doors. I just wanted 4 loos/bogs/dunnies/crapper boxes!

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2175 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can do whatever you want. Just meet the requirements and leave the foundation in place, that's all I am asking.

That's what I thought, but you know how you get irrational fears in the night.

I'll be sticking to the 3x3 lot.

Hmm, my parenting room is opposite the toilets but not part of it. Might have to take out some of the playground to stick a dunny in there.

Page 87 of 106