Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2476 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 10:58 AM
petro, you didn't get my joke about plaster vs getting plastered? Or rather you did which is why your smilie is laughing.

William they were added about 2 days ago since one contestant is having some problems from a chronic condition and a few are very busy moving house and doing finals.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2477 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would like my house done in a nice pale blue thanks. What?? You are coming over to plaster it aren't you? :P
Might you consider giving the job to Jones & Moltke (Veronaville) Ltd.? Andrew told me to ask you. You've seen what a nice job they did for Joe Elliott and his boy in Elswyn. The outside there was done in a nice pale blue stucco. I know you found some of the indoor colours a bit garish in that job, but I think that was mainly the reds that Joe wanted. Anyway Andrew and Julian would be more than happy to sit down and discuss the details with you.

[You've no idea how real some of my Sims are to me! ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meantime I'm making slow but steady progress with my entry post. I've got 6 of the 26 pictures uploaded, captioned and described so far.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#2478 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 8:19 PM
For Jones:

Andrew - Good to know about the pet quarantine change! I haven't looked recently...
Light[er] later sounds great - but what about daylight in Winter? How short are the short days? Especially in the North/Highlands? I never thought about that before... Cold and wind and rain are no problem (I was born in Seattle, and love the rain!) But, after being in Florida for so long, I might need one of those daylight lamp thingies to keep me sane if the days get too very short. Hmmmm....

In other news... I think we really ARE going to close on our new house!!! Closing is set for July 14th. Please, all ya'll, knock on wood, cross yer fingers, and pray HARD! YAY!

And Jo - I'm a big fan of cool blue stucco houses - great color choice, IMHO

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Scholar
#2479 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 9:21 PM
Blue is my favourite colour (I guess you can tell that looking at my buildings, especially the round 5 one), so I’m all for blue stucco

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#2480 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 9:28 PM
Guess we shall have drinks in shades of blue for our Getting Jo Plastered party then....
Lab Assistant
#2481 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Guess we shall have drinks in shades of blue for our Getting Jo Plastered party then....

And BLUEberry cupcakes so she can have one or two more of your wonderful cocktails!
Scottiedoag
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2482 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 1:23 AM
I'll drink to that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2483 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 6:14 AM
Teaser

Based on a famous historical Miami Deco style church in Miami
Scholar
#2484 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 6:40 AM
@gdayars I see you’re using the version of my replacement with the light stripes on the road unfixed, I edited it some time ago so the road looks properly (you can redownload it here)

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2485 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 6:43 AM
Thanks for letting me know

I hadn't realized you had updated it
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2486 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 7:34 AM
Thanks, Cat :D

Mad Poster
#2487 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 7:55 AM
(Looks at last two entries. Blinks in astonishment.)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Top Secret Researcher
#2488 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 7:58 AM
Thanks for your hippie artwork, scottiedoag!
Field Researcher
#2489 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 9:07 AM
Apparently photobucket decided to cancel the free service now. I don't have my computer with me, so I can't edit my entries before monday.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2490 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 9:46 AM
It's still free but it's certainly having 'a moment' it's decided that all my photos and at least one other person that we are hot-linking. Thought at first it was my contest banner being looked at so often but the other person has had the same clock face. Right now I am just going to wait and see if it doesn't right itself.

@enebya upload your pictures directly to the site and bypass photobucket.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#2491 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 10:04 AM
It's free, but only premium accounts can directly input pictures on third party websites. Premium accounts are 399$/year.

Yes I will upload them directly but can't before monday.
Lab Assistant
#2492 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Thanks for your hippie artwork, scottiedoag!

You are welcome! I'm sure the moderators are thoroughly sick of my silly mistakes with credit links etc.
It's a shame I couldn't find the original mesh as It wasn't as expensive but they still look fairly cool I think especially since I haven't used paint.net for long. I might redownload the GIMP for a play with.
And wow those lots! got to agree with gazania
Scottiedoag
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2493 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 11:14 AM
We have seen far worse, faaaar worse... And yes it was me that clicked funny since I was the one who did 98% of your moderating.

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2494 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 3:16 PM
Scottiedoag if you are using a custom mesh you can change the price....in game meshes you can't without a mod, but custom items themselves are easy to reprice.

Oh and we wondered if they were changing their service! photobucket that is.
Mad Poster
#2495 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 3:22 PM Last edited by gazania : 1st Jul 2017 at 1:45 AM.
Hmmm .... I always like to use a second image service in case my main one goes pffft. I used to have an old website for that purpose that was pretty cheap per year, but I'm on their free service now, so I can't hotlink my pics. I might be going back again and pay up a little if that keeps up. photobucket doesn't seem to be of much use if you can't use it for hotlinking pictures, and yes, it's pretty pricey, IMO. For far less than that, I could go back to my website (which by the way, doesn't have anything much of note. I was into swf stuff then ... I think that's fallen out of favor now because of potential malware .. and that's pretty much what was there! Oh ... and a message board I was messing around with creating. Originally, I was going to do a family website with one or two of those swf files, back when family websites were popular. Ah, the good old days!)

Buh-bye, Photobucket.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2496 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 5:22 PM
@scottiedoag Photoshop CS2 is free to download.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2497 Old 30th Jun 2017 at 9:39 PM
At $399.99 a year they must have lost their minds. I have already started downloading my albums-goodbye PB.

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2498 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 4:14 AM Last edited by gdayars : 1st Jul 2017 at 4:35 AM.
Default Community Lot Round 5 Church
This church is loosely inspired by a real life church in Miami. Certain elements are also drawn from my own church, and then others simply my imagination .

The church it is loosely inspired by that is in Miami is this one: Gesu Catholic Church

Note: The one thing that doesn't show well in the floor plan except for the very tip of it, is in the parenting bathroom, there is a regular toilet, as well as the potty chair (plus there is a nursing room, and then a separated area in the parenting bathroom to nurse in as well).

Mad Poster
#2499 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 1:33 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 1st Jul 2017 at 5:27 PM. Reason: Typo
Round 5 Play-Along Entry - Elswyn Community Park - 3 x 3

Front View

I'm not entirely sure what a Community Park is, but this is what the one in Elswyn looks like. It appears to have more things to do than you might expect in an ordinary park of the same size. It certainly is a place where the inhabitants of the village can come together and enjoy themselves.

I really do think I've overdone things on this lot, but I like it and so do my Sims. I'd love to hear what the rest of you think.

I've made it before the extended deadline! I won't change the pictures or anything substantial, but I do reserve the right to come back and fix typos, of which I'm sure there are many!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2500 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 1:49 PM
Andrew you might be interested in the simlogical toilet door-if it will work with your EP's , I'm not sure on that. It locks behind the sim but opens when they want to leave. Basically it stops other sims coming into the bathroom behind them and a teen up can carry a toddler in with them.

~Call me Jo~

Page 100 of 106