Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2526 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 2:58 PM
Checking in.

I'm loving all the entries and looking forward to seeing the late ones too! Well done everybody

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2527 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 4:00 PM
I'm here!!! Adjudicationing to commence shortly

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#2528 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 4:47 PM
Also, perhaps we can cut and paste the little tricks learned in this contest and keep them, such as the stairs. I would hate to lose the useful links and explanations of how to do certain things. While I knew most of them, there were some I never heard of before. Problem is, it might take a while to find them in 102 pages!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2529 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 8:04 PM
@gazania, even when the thread is closed, it can still be viewed. You just can no longer comment on it And it will be moved to "closed contests". But it will still be around. The links will still be available. Though it will still be just as hard to dig though all 100 something pages, lol.
Space Pony
#2530 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:03 AM Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:04 AM. Reason: typos
First of all , thank YOU , Jo , for hosting the contest, has been full of emotions for me.. can you really have all at same time? Joy, frustration, fear, love, stress ? I certainly had

@Justpetro, if I ask very nicely, and I do, could you pretty please include one pink drink among all the blue? <3

Edited the text at my entry again, all those typos.. honestly how can I spell the darn APPLE wrong 2 times and both times the different ways :/

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#2531 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:13 AM
Of course We are going to use the blue ones to get Jo plastered
Screenshots
Instructor
#2532 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:34 AM
Default Round 5 - Bowling Alley
Sorry for being late, but it was nowhere near ready yesterday. It has all the requirements: a parenting room with books and toddler toys that are educational, some very fun bowling alleys and a romantic seating area (plus a photo booth) for something flirty. I used CFE'd walls to make a larger building instead of using decking, aside from the deck leading to a small play area from the parenting room.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2533 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:38 AM
Glad to see you Mordant17 I will link you to the table and let the judges know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2534 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:56 AM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 3rd Jul 2017 at 4:37 AM.
Default Round 5 - Community Center/Park
Not really sure what this would be classified as, nor am I sure if I have too many pictures, so please do let me know. I just want to get this up before I get my hands slapped again.
Well, here it is in all it's late glory.
This is a true community lot!
1. There is a family building with games (Don't Wake the Llama, Clue, Trivial Pursuit, etc) as well as an eatery area.
2. A building for the wee ones with toys, feeding area, changing area, nap spot for the toddler and parent.
3. Litter pans, cat toys, scratching posts, dog bones, pet beds for the fur babies.
4. Childrens' play area outside with playground equipment and kites.
5. Childrens' learning center inside where they can learn about nature downstairs and art upstairs!
6. Building with bathroom/small arcade for the teens.
7. "Corner of love"... for families or lovers! Take a nice picture on the scenic bench setup, or have lovers cuddle up. Too public? A photo booth is handy.
(Also a wishing well is on the lot, for whatever you LOVE and want to wish for! Whether it be love, money or friends. )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2535 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 4:32 AM
GB, feel free to add your description to your entry post. Since you are in just before 10am my time I will only deduct 1 point.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2536 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
GB, feel free to add your description to your entry post. Since you are in just before 10am my time I will only deduct 1 point.

Ok! Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#2537 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 5:40 AM Last edited by gazania : 3rd Jul 2017 at 11:50 PM.
@Enebya .... you might want to re-upload your pictures for the pool. They seemed to have been whisked away by Photobucket. (EDIT ... Sorry. Didn't see your previous post on this.)

And joandsarah77 ... I believe enebya should be given an extra day or two to sort this out, since the entry was submitted a while before the deadline and the pictures WERE up until Photo-bucket decided to mess things up.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2538 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 5:58 AM
Anyone else have pictures messed up? Of course they can replace them.

Everyone check your entries. It really is best to upload them directly to MTS by going advanced>upload picture.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#2539 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Anyone else have pictures messed up? Of course they can replace them.

Everyone check your entries. It really is best to upload them directly to MTS by going advanced>upload picture.

I agree, I uploaded my pics directly for all my entries. Not only does it ensure that pictures will stay, but it’s much more convenient to view them using the image preview script than scroll endlessly. Especially when you are at the last picture and want to view the first one again.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Field Researcher
#2540 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 10:24 AM
Thank you Gazania

Yes, I saw it got messed up but I was nowhere near a computer for the weekend. I'll sort it out today
Mad Poster
#2541 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 10:55 AM
I have never used Photobucket, but I cannot believe how they messed up - surely they could have send a bulk message or put a warning on for users when logging in - strongs, everyone who has to deal with this. You are really not alone, that clock face is everywhere. (Extra strong fermented fruit juices available for all of you .
Field Researcher
#2542 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:30 PM
I got all the pics attached to my last entry now (of course, half of them were to big to upload directly ) but how do I get them to show in the actual text?
I tried getting the picture link but it is always just a reference, not a jpg.
For example, by copying the graphics adress I got http://thumbs.modthesims.info/getimage.php?file=1705367 which is clickable, but won't show as a picture in the post.

I guess I could click on all of them and copy the adress from the browser, but isn't there a simpler way?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2543 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:12 PM
I right click and bring up in another browser window then copy the address and use the img icon to add them where I want them so [img] in front and [/img] after the link
Top Secret Researcher
#2544 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:23 PM
Justpetro, thanks for the encouragement for the final push there, haha! (and thank you everyone else, too!) Now I can cozy up to the bar and pound them back all day, right?

This has really been sooooo educational for me, as well as fun. I'm no longer scared of putting my creations in front of people anymore, and I have a *tiny* but of confidence now in knowing I don't suck at this! Yay! No really, I have some major esteem issues on the other side of the screen, and now I know I can produce things that people like (and want!) in their games. It means so much - I can't explain it. That aside, thanks again for the contest, the challenge, the laughter, learning and support. This has been an incredible experience for me to share with a wonderful group of people.

On the subject of the 20-something homes that I still have to *try* and upload (hey, I did say I built a home for each family on each budget!).... I am so sorry queue mods. You shall grow quite tired of me. Everyone else... upload your stuff!!!! *shakes fist* Seriously though, the contest produced some phenomenal lots throughout, and this last round.... oh my corn, you guys all crushed it. Such creativity!!! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#2545 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 4:56 PM
True, another incredible journey coming to an end soon
Field Researcher
#2546 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:19 PM
Thanks gdayar, that's what I did too - I just hoped there was a quicker way.
I fixed the last entry and will fix the others in the next days
Mad Poster
#2547 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 8:15 PM
I'm building a house for Jim Evans, the Olympian. It's a big one by my standards -- 3x3; in part that's to allow room for a large swimming pool with a running track round it behind the house. I also needed a bit of space for temporary structures that I needed to build the roof, which is my first attempt to use CFE in a building of my own design. (Previously I've just worked through one of MikeInside's tutorials. Thanks for the links to them.) I think I've learned something about CFE in doing it. It looks to me that a CFE dummy level used as a roof must be at least 4 clicks (steps) high. I tried to make it thinner, but it only crushed the wall underneath, making it impossible to put windows in it. Anyway I've finished the roof now, and trust that the rest of the build will be comparatively easy.

The loose inspiration for Jim's house is the picture Justpetro posted a few weeks back of a modern house including a Dutch Colonial gable.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#2548 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 12:23 AM Last edited by gazania : 4th Jul 2017 at 6:05 AM.
I'm still going through the posts, pulling out many of the tips I and others here have learned. I'm about half-way.

I have done dummy roofs with fewer than four clicks, but yes, your choice of windows is extremely limited if you do that. Four clicks seems to be pretty standard and will give you the best results with the best variety of windows. Any window going close to the ceiling.will be affected if you go below four clicks. I have had some results with lower dummy roofs and windows such as the Tiggy windows that are situated in the center and on the floor, but ... you can see why this would be of limited use!

As I usually do when I go into a building frenzy, I'm taking a break from building. The performing arts theme sounded really interesting, and really, since my Arts Center dealt solely with fine and folk art, it was tempting to go into performing arts, too ... I even had an idea, though Zarathustra did something similar (mine would have been pretty small, though, since I have small hoods), but first and foremost, I want to continue experimenting with Hug-Bugged lots before I even think of uploading anything here, and by then, the buzz with this contest and theme will probably be long over.

Here is my premise: My hood is hug-bugged. My lot was hug-bugged before I scoured it and made sure that (thanks to Chris Hatch and the orb and tips he provided) the SDHB is no longer on my lot ... or at least in the logs for the lot. It was then packaged, nice and scoured. More babbling about SDHB below spoiler tag. Warning; Repetition of points I made in other posts.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2549 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 1:08 AM
The SDH comes from the installation files. I will say again how to 'clean' it, clean in inverted commas because nothing is guaranteed with it.

Force your game to make a new sims 2 folder. Place no sim loaded and smarter EP check into it. Install the lot into that clean folder, load the lot and move something like a chair. save, package. last important step. Forget about it. There is a high chance that is gone but you don't get a guarantee, only that you took the recommended steps. If people chose not to install the essential mods such as no sim loaded and wind up somehow with the SDH it's there own fault. Without the needed mods most people will either install a lot or a mod that makes the code active at some point. It's not a virus just annoying maxis modding code. It's not game corrupting. No need to fret over it. If you truly want it gone, reinstall your game.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#2550 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 12:38 PM
All my entries are fixed and have pictures now

So I just looked through all my pictures again and I have to say I did learn a lot about both building and taking pictures in this contest Thank you Jo for providing the opportunity!

Page 102 of 106