Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 35 (Who?), Viewed: 6038 times.
Page 2 of 2
just a girl
Original Poster
#26 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 1:09 PM
Yeah, I haven't implemented the money thing in the end. Back then I was too excited to stick all the stuff I can think of in one mod. Not any more.

I've been meaning to rethink cheap rent. I made separate object for that, but since it requires other objects, having separate agreement object is kind of excessive - I could just recalculate the rent through the electrical box. On the other hand, what if someone wants cheap rent on a lot, but doesn't feel like having an electrical box on that lot. May sound cheaty, but the cheap rent can be justified by some other means. So I think, cheap rent agreement will be a really independent buyable object.

Assorted mods: Moving out and job options
Apartment rent agreement mod - fresh update
Testers wellcome on Electrical box & Fertile land
Functional sofa bed is ready to be tested as well
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 5:07 AM Last edited by cord11 : 18th Jul 2017 at 5:47 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
Yeah, I haven't implemented the money thing in the end. Back then I was too excited to stick all the stuff I can think of in one mod. Not any more.

I've been meaning to rethink cheap rent. I made separate object for that, but since it requires other objects, having separate agreement object is kind of excessive - I could just recalculate the rent through the electrical box. On the other hand, what if someone wants cheap rent on a lot, but doesn't feel like having an electrical box on that lot. May sound cheaty, but the cheap rent can be justified by some other means. So I think, cheap rent agreement will be a really independent buyable object.

I can think of quite a few reasons for a place to have cheaper rent. Inconvenient location, landlord escaping a vacancy tax, old but well maintained, murder, other deaths (culture plays a role here), oversupply of housing (consequentially undersupply could lead to higher rents), set up by an employer, supernatural hotspot (Depends on the culture of the neighbourhood), nearby crime, etc.

But yeah everything looks great so far.

Why do I have a badly done MS Paint spiral as my profile pic you ask? Well you see I have nothing better to put there than a thing I quickly made during a grade 10 business class.
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#28 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 7:00 PM
Actually a higher rent option would be great too.

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
just a girl
Original Poster
#29 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 8:44 PM Last edited by Lamare : 24th Jul 2017 at 3:09 PM.
Default New files to try
Clipboard of cheaper lot and rent price
Temporarily unavailable. It had a bug, so I took it down for further development.
Buy it in general misc. or through collection. How to use:
- Reduce the price of residential or fraternity lot. Place it on unoccupied residential or fraternity lot. Clipboard's value will immediately change to -5000, making the lot this much cheaper. Then you can move your family in.
If you buy a clipboard when the family already lives on a lot, it will lower the bills, but won't give your family any cash.
- Reduce the price of community lot. Place it on unowned community lot. Clipboard's value will immediately change to -10000, making the lot this much cheaper. Then you can direct a sim to buy the lot.
You may buy a clipboard on already owned lot, but there's no point in reducing the lot price this way.
- Reduce the apartment rent price. Place it in current family's apartment and click on cheap rent interaction. You'll see the new rent in text notification. After that you can sell the object or use it as a decoration. To go back to normal rent price click on corresponding interaction.
Note: rent calculation takes into account the value of basic items: light fixtures, counters, plumbing, fridges, stoves, even cars. I don't have the full list, but you get the idea: whatever usually stays in unfurnished apartment is accounted for in the total price. Other types of objects are ignored even if you've already furnished the whole place.
You may place a clipboard in unoccupied apartment, but you still need to move your family in there before you'll be able to recalculate the price.

Electrical box of power problems
You'll find description in posts #12 and #17.
What changed:
- Removed the "Get cheap agreement" interaction, as I remade the whole cheap price mod (see above).
- Fixed a bug: now if there's already food in the oven, microwave or toaster when power goes off, sims will be able to get it out. Thanks to franfeliano for telling me.
- Made a way for more advanced users to add GUIDs of custom objects to the list of objects to have disabled interactions during power outage (hope this made sense ). Thanks to maxon for the idea. If you have a unique custom object that proved to be unaffected by the mod and you want that object to be unusable during power outage, this is for you.
Don't add your guids just yet, there might be more updates to the mod.

The back-up candle
Both file and description remained in in post #12.

Watering can of fertile land
This watering can represents good soil. As long as it's on your lot, it increases quality of growing garden plants and orchard trees, so they produce better crops. Weeds, ivy and other plants are going to love it here, too. Nature really flourishes on fertile land, it's alive and raging! Although, it does not relieve you of the need to take care of your garden, so be prepared to work.
Buy watering can in gardening section, general misc. or through collection. Place it on any lot. As it costs 5000, it will increase lot price and will affect bills, but you won't be able to sell it for that price (how can you sell fertility of your land just like that?).
ADDED LATER:
>> Requires Seasons or higher. -> Made basegame-compatible, but needs proof.
The mod has settings - mild flora and aggressive flora. Aggressive flora not only has higher chance of spawning, but is also very penetrative and is able to grow no matter what. Let me show you how it looks:
-> -> ->
Affected types of plants:
- Base: weeds and some water plants.
- Seasons: harvestable plants and orchard trees.
- Bon Voyage: grass and tiny decorative thing.
- Mansions&Gardens: ivy, shrub and and some water plants.
Want to include more? You can! The mod has place for new GUIDs, where you can add maxis/custom plants for fertile land to spawn. Think grass, flowers, seaweed, or even shrubs and tree sprouts. If you don't have M&G you should really get some custom wall ivy, it looks awesome.
Don't add your guids just yet, there might be more updates to the mod.

Lot traits collection file
A convenient way to find all the objects from the set in one place. Note: this file is placed in the Collections folder.
Look for this icon in game:

By the way, I'm not entirely satisfied to call it "lot traits", but it kind of fits the idea. Each object represents some quality/property. I need some kind of name for the set anyway.

Before you download anything, please read the "Before you download anything" note in post #12!
Also, don't forget to delete the old files, except for candle that hasn't been changed.

maxon, just saw your post about higher rent. Sounds like a logical expansion to the mod, I'll see if I can make it.
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip electricalbox.zip (484.5 KB, 21 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip watering-can.zip (61.7 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Updated July 20
File Type: zip lot-traits-COLLECTION.zip (2.2 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content

just a girl
Original Poster
#30 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 3:35 PM Last edited by Lamare : 31st Jul 2017 at 12:36 AM.
The pricing clipboard had a bug, so I took it down temporarily. It's not bad, but I suggest you all delete it anyway (filename is either clipboard or cheap-rent-agreement).

Actually, that bug pushed me to find a better and more flexible solution for rent alteration. I'll upload it for further testing as soon as I work out a few lower and higher options.

Electrical box and watering can will get updated too, but later on. I want to improve sim reactions for the box and for the can to add more sophisticated rules for plants placement.

Also, got a report on a few other things, so these things are next up:
- christmas tree - to include into electrical system
- strange shadow on water plant put on the ground - I'll remove the plant from the watering can's list
- issue with lamps not lighting if they are bought during power outage - to investigate
- finish electrical box's text notifications

+ another way of disabling incoming calls
+ let buy meter only on private lots

And a few suggestions to consider:
- sim can hit a wire during digging, be electrocuted and cause a black out
- ghost can damage the electrical box

Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 1:57 AM
Just some random questions . .

Do lightning rods on the roof lower chance of power outage?
Do the solar panels work to lower bills with this object before and during a power outage (yes, I know it's solar power, but I'm a blonde and I got questions) I actually use the modded solar panels.
Can the electrician be called to repair unit, or is this a resident only job?
Is the phone outage only for landline phones, or does it somehow affect cell phones too?

Now I'll have to hire a nanny, she loves breaking the trash compactor and a few other things and I used to loooove making her fix them.

I really love this object, you put a lot of common sense, realistic ideas into it. Thank!

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
just a girl
Original Poster
#32 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 5:01 AM Last edited by Lamare : 31st Jul 2017 at 12:34 AM.
Thanks

Do lightning rods on the roof lower chance of power outage?
Sort of, but not directly. If you have placed electrical box outside, it is vulnerable to lightning strikes, which can damage the box itself, all electronics and cause a blackout. Lightning rod would lower the chance of a lightning to hit the box, so in this case it makes a difference. Although, gravestones and trees might do a better job attracting lightning, I don't know. But if your electrical box is inside, the lightning can't get to it anyway.

Do the solar panels work to lower bills with this object before and during a power outage
They're independent objects and yes, they lower the bills. In fact, that's about the only thing they do. I was considering making power available to solar and windmill owners when there are problems with centralized supply, but I'm scared of doing all the research and calculation :O
Stored power is supposed to decay if not used immediatly. battery capacity should be somehow limited. And who knows how many more details there are.

Can the electrician be called to repair unit, or is this a resident only job?
Yes, you can call repairman or apartment landlord. Even to install upgrades.

Is the phone outage only for landline phones, or does it somehow affect cell phones too?
Only for landlines, but I can't remember whether I tested cellphones to confirm that they work or not. I will have to check that.

ETA: Cellphones don't ring. Well, then I'll find another way to stop incoming calls coming through landlines.

Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 1:33 AM
Thanks for all your answers, it is odd that the cellphone doesn't work, considering you never recharge and it never stops working. Ea/Maxis did not always function properly anyway. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
just a girl
Original Poster
#34 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 11:54 AM
It works, just not receiving incoming calls because of the way I blocked them. That's my mistake and I'll fix it.

just a girl
Original Poster
#35 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:36 AM Last edited by Lamare : 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:52 AM.
Default Clipboard of apartment rent
Rent agreement is back to testing. Hopefully, the promised better and more flexible solution is going to prove to be truly so.

Requires Apartment life
Be sure to delete any previous versions, back up your data, use in a testing hood, wear helmet.
Download link: http://simfileshare.net/download/327662/

What it is
It is an object - clipboard - found in Misc./Misc. No global overrides.

What it does
Allows rent tuning. It has a few interactions for altering the rent price and one secret feature that may pop up in certain circumstances and surprise you.

I may have forgotten little details, but I hope I covered all major stuff.

Questions, suggestions, complaints -- bring them all

@gummilutt, you were interested in rent, so you're welcome to take a peek.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#36 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 8:15 PM
Thanks so much for the tag, I absolutely want to take a peak I don't regularly read CF so I would have missed it if you hadn't tagged, so yay. Looks fantastic. Not sure when I'll have time to test it, but I certainly will

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Page 2 of 2