Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#4576 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 10:56 PM
That sims may get chased by bees in the ocean! I really wish I had been watching, but apparently when the 'chased by bees' event got triggered my bug-hunting sim sought refuge by swimming. I just caught it out of the corner of my eye as she alternated swimming and swatting at them
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4577 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 5:09 AM
If you click on a living chair with allmenus enabled, there's an option to "Find a Snack." This was on a community lot with a vending machine. Oddly, it only appeared if my playable Sim was playing chess from another chair.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4578 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:17 AM
I would ban him.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4580 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:24 AM
We have gained a secret insight into the mods' forums due to a mispost. Someone has the banhammer hanging over their head. XD
Inventor
#4581 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:31 AM
How ominous! Big Sister is watching us...
Mad Poster
#4582 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:35 AM
I certainly hope the banhammer ain't hanging over me... I did get uncomfortably close to getting banned a couple years back. I was whacked out on covfefe and energy drinks, and in a very zany mood, and add to that the "holy crap! I could have gotten killed in that car accident!" feeling... I went overboard. Got warned, cooled it, got another warning after that...
Mad Poster
#4583 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:42 AM
I think she was referring to my problems with the Charlatan in the stupid questions thread.

Anyways, a new discovery: Chris Hatch's orgy hot tub didn't quite work as expected. I thought it'd be funny to set one out during Carlo Contender's party and have him invite in a few Sims. The cutscene played, but halfway through it Carlos got out of the hot tub to poke Olive Specter, the Charlatan showed up in the background to pickpocket Samantha Cordial, Geoff Rutherford began talking about nuclear weaponry instead of engaging in the orgy, and Jessica Peterson climbed out to scream at Geoff's nakedness. Also the censor blur broke so you could see the barbie doll anatomy in its full glory.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4584 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:49 AM
Mad Poster
#4585 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 6:54 AM
I wish I'd gotten screenshots. Alas, I was laughing far too hard.

Inventor
#4586 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:00 AM
Obviously Olive offended Carlos by poking fun at his technique, and Geoff was defending Samantha's honor and rightfully saying that the only way to get rid of the Charlatan is to use bombs on him. but Jessica thought it wasn't the right time for him to do so because he had another missile that needed his attention.
Mad Poster
#4587 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:04 AM
Really funny. BTW, I bet we've all had a pregnant sim cook something and then give birth before done cooking - causing a fire. Makes for a funny cutscene.
Inventor
#4588 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:06 AM
A couple days I found that there is a snuggle option between a kid and their parent when sitting on a couch together. That plucked my heart strings and I couldn't stop watching.
Screenshots

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4589 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:08 AM
Okay, I tried again a second time. This time, without so many distractions, it actually worked...though Carlos' cell phone began to ring. And the censor blur wasn't working. Apparently Sims who get a cell phone have one of their kidneys removed to make room for it.

Mad Poster
#4590 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Apparently Sims who get a cell phone have one of their kidneys removed to make room for it.

Which is why they ring from a sim's midsection in the shower. Totally normal; no reason to be alarmed.
Mad Poster
#4591 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:53 AM
When playing around with 'create a child,' I noticed that Sims are more likely to favor one parent in their facial characteristic - though which parent it was tended to be a coin-flip. As well, certain features of a Sim are more likely to appear on their descendents. Genetics system at work?

Mad Poster
#4592 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 3:42 AM
That there are so many things that happen in this game that are quite illogical and you shouldn't think too much about them.
Mad Poster
#4593 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 5:50 PM
A few wants I've never seen. Aside from a few that were obviously cut, I wonder if they were dummied out or if they're just hard to get to appear.

Childrearing
- Be Kissed by a Grandparent

EP1CUT
- Blow a Barrel Stand with $Neighbor
- Do a Barrel Stand with $Neighbor

EP2Dating
- Get Caught Two-timing
- Have Very 1st Date with $neighbor

EP2LovePotion
- Love Potion #8.5 Backfires

EP2ObjectInteraction
- Request a Song from the DJ

EP3 Crafting
- Marry a Robot
- Purchase a Robot
- WooHoo with Robot

EP3Sales/Shopping
- Sell Expensive Object to $neighbor
- Sell Very Expensive Object to $neighbor
- Sell Ridiculously Expensive Object to $neighbor

EP4StrayPets
- Call $neighbor's Owner

EP8 Objects
- WooHoo in Helicopter with $neighbor

OBSOLETE?
- $neighbor buys my favorite food
- Buy Juice for $neighbor
- Be rejected by $neighbor for Buying them a Juice

There's also a number of wants/fears (usually under Triggers) that are just hexadecimal numbers.

Alchemist
#4594 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:13 PM
I'm 90% sure I've seen that get caught two timing fear.
Field Researcher
#4595 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:09 PM
Purchase a Robot rings a bell, I recall seeing that a few years ago at least.
Scholar
#4596 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:35 PM
just discovered that a human child with brown eyes can be born even with full alien parents! i'm guessing this happened because 3 grandparents had skin tone 1 and two had brown eyes.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Alchemist
#4597 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
just discovered that a human child with brown eyes can be born even with full alien parents! i'm guessing this happened because 3 grandparents had skin tone 1 and two had brown eyes.
several things seem inconsistent about that.
if 3 biological grandparents are human, 1 biological parent would be fully human and the other biological parent would be partly human.
both biological parents being fully alien would be if both alleys are alien; which would mean that each 4 biological grandparents were at least partly alien. only alien would be possible from both biological parents being fully alien.
for a human child to come from alien parents, both parents would need to be at least partly human.
Scholar
#4598 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:13 PM
one of the parents was adopted but was born as a full alien so only one PT in the family tree but does he still count as a full alien? he has the black eyes and alien skin tone
anyway it happened but unfortunately i can't post a picture

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#4599 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:27 PM
You can check the sim's DNA in SimPE; it'll show what the DNA of any/all sims involved truly is. As far as I know, being adopted has absolutely zero effect on DNA. Brown eyes are definitely possible in normal alien/human hybrids because by default they are just as genetically dominant as alien eyes, so it comes down to a coin flip.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
EP1CUT
- Blow a Barrel Stand with $Neighbor
- Do a Barrel Stand with $Neighbor

I remember reading some years back that this was all dummied out.
Scholar
#4600 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:28 PM
is it rare?

My Tumblr
Page 184 of 445