Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#16026 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:43 AM
My game is currently in a state that I can't play in live mode so I can't check this out for myself... but are Sims able to get in between a toilet and a sink that are placed like they are in the second floor bathroom of this house? I've always assumed it was a no-go, but apparently the house has been playtested.

If so, are there any specifications to this? (ie. is it only certain toilets, can it only be used with sinks and not like counter+sink combos, did it not become a thing until after a certain expansion pack, etc).

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#16027 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:50 AM
I just tested the sink/bathtub thing in my own game and it worked. For the bathtub though make sure its against the back and not the tap end.

Question of my own: Does the money gained from the stock market (freetime aspiration benefit) count towards the "earn money" wants?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#16028 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
My game is currently in a state that I can't play in live mode so I can't check this out for myself... but are Sims able to get in between a toilet and a sink that are placed like they are in the second floor bathroom of this house? I've always assumed it was a no-go, but apparently the house has been playtested.

If so, are there any specifications to this? (ie. is it only certain toilets, can it only be used with sinks and not like counter+sink combos, did it not become a thing until after a certain expansion pack, etc).

In an unmodded game no, they wouldn't be able to use the sink, toilet or even get to the tub. But sinks and toilets are 1 tile objects so if you place them on walk through blocks you can make that layout functional.
Mad Poster
#16029 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 2:00 AM
In my experience, all those fixtures ARE useable; the tub is useable because they get in on the faucet end, but they wouldn't be able to bath a dog.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Theorist
#16030 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
In my experience, all those fixtures ARE useable; the tub is useable because they get in on the faucet end, but they wouldn't be able to bath a dog.

In my game they'd just be able to open the door and would be stuck on that square - they wouldn't be able to get to the any of the plumbing.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16031 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 2:23 AM

Simply flip the sink so it's tap end of the bath and flip toilet the same way.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#16032 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 3:30 AM
Bulbizarre, I read an asylum challenge once in which one of the inmates - who had gotten all the Fortune sim perks before being moved in - went platinum because the investment perk had passively filled her "earn $100K" want. So unless the player had some mod that affected that, I think that's a yes.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#16033 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 4:32 AM
...are Sims able to get in between a toilet and a sink that are placed like they are in the second floor bathroom of this house?

Actually... That's one of my lots It works in my game as it is - but I think I either have it modded or used the walk-through blocks. Can't remember, it was a long time ago...
I think in an UNmodded game, if you switch the door with the toilet (flipping it against the other wall) you will be fine. The tap end of the tub is where sims enter/exit, so that is what needs a clear space. Dog bathing may need both tub tiles open IDK. Good luck! ...and I will amend my original DL/post description to include these instructions. Sorry for the confusion ~ thanks for pointing it out

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#16034 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 4:59 AM
I have a Sim who I want to get fired for story reasons. However, setting his job level to the very bottom and having him miss the carpool didn't work. None of the tools I tried (InSim/Blender/Manipulator, and Christianlov's Job Information Tool) had the option for him to get fired, only to quit or retire. I can manually add the memory but then he won't be upset about it. What should I do?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#16035 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 5:07 AM
@Bulbizarre

Perhaps force a chance card via one of the debug objects in the spawn menu of the sim.
If i remember correctly it allows you to set the percentage of failure of a chance card
Then getting a card where you know failure leads to firing should do it.
I can't remember what object it was though.
Edit: chance card tester

2nd edit nevermind being a tester it seems to do nothing.
Mad Poster
#16036 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 5:15 AM
I just tried that, but nothing happened except the results popping up.

Scholar
#16037 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 5:21 AM
Can it cause problems if you leave something on an apartment lot that causes the invalid apartment error? Say if you remove the problematic door for example then add it back in after rezoning? Assuming the problem isn't actually a problem like in my particular case. The problem door doesn't lead to anywhere outside the apartment units bounds yet it's causing the game to spit out 'invalid apartment'.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#16038 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The solution to that is cooking points and/or 10-point stoves. Don't start them with those little electric stoves - they only add 1 point to the food. Never start them with less than a 4-point stove when they're fresh out of CAS, but if you can go to ten, do it.

Or as I've found so very convenient-SimWardrobe's automatic buffet, which is quite handy when it comes to feeding the little beasts. True, it doesn't make them to learn how to cook, but they never have to with it around. Just clear it off once in a while, and it's good to go.

And that's my solution to the problem. Of course it's rather expensive (more than a stove) but it pays for itself in food costs alone. The fridge never has to be opened if it's on the lot.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#16039 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
Can it cause problems if you leave something on an apartment lot that causes the invalid apartment error? Say if you remove the problematic door for example then add it back in after rezoning? Assuming the problem isn't actually a problem like in my particular case. The problem door doesn't lead to anywhere outside the apartment units bounds yet it's causing the game to spit out 'invalid apartment'.

The concern would be the apartment treating those areas like common areas instead like a private apartment. Some things to look for would be unusually low rents and/or Sims wandering into your apartment. Or they might work perfectly fine - if you test it I'd love to hear how you make out.
Mad Poster
#16040 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 8:53 AM
Dog bathing does need two tiles open. One for the sim and one for the dog. And even then they like to throw routing fits.

I didn't think I had a hack affecting hunger, but I never have problems feeding my sims and I even have the no fresh food hack. I usually end up with more leftovers than I know what to do with. XD

I kind of feel sorry for the sim. He's trying so hard to keep his job.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#16041 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Is this supposed to happen to the train set in Free Time?

Yes, it's meant to happen- I burned down a whole house once having a train set in the attic!
Mad Poster
#16042 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Is this supposed to happen to the train set in Free Time?

The Freetime model train table quickly became notorious for regularly bursting into flames for no apparent reason. (Maxis just loves for things to burst into flames apparently ) You can use in-game measures (base game smoke alarm, University sprinkler head) or you can use Paladin's "Model Trains Don't Burst Into Flames" mod.

Quote: Originally posted by Paladin
The Model Train Table has a 2% chance of bursting into flames every time it is operated on a residential lot. This fix completely eliminates the possibility of that happening. Model trains do not burst into flames in real life and I can't see any reason they should in the Sims 2.

Requires the Freetime expansion pack.

https://simfileshare.net/folder/15676/
Mad Poster
#16043 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 12:45 PM

Mad Poster
#16044 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:42 PM
I have some files (lots) that are Sims2 Pack files, is there a way to convert them so they can be opened with SimPack Clean Installer (so I can see what's in them).

Mad Poster
#16045 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:47 PM
Sims2Pack files already can be opened with Clean Installer.

It's possible that it got disassociated with the program though. If you right-click them in Explorer and go to the Open With menu, there's an option to choose the default program. Click that, and then if the Clean Installer doesn't appear in the list, use the Browse... button to select the program. I believe it's usually under C:\Program Files (x86)\ if you're on 64-bit.

Unless they're inside a zip/rar/7z file. Then you want to extract them first.

Mad Poster
#16046 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Actually... That's one of my lots It works in my game as it is - but I think I either have it modded or used the walk-through blocks. Can't remember, it was a long time ago...
I think in an UNmodded game, if you switch the door with the toilet (flipping it against the other wall) you will be fine. The tap end of the tub is where sims enter/exit, so that is what needs a clear space. Dog bathing may need both tub tiles open IDK. Good luck! ...and I will amend my original DL/post description to include these instructions. Sorry for the confusion ~ thanks for pointing it out

==
Sounds like people are experiencing Sims being "stuck in the door", so they can't turn to use the toilet or basin. But I've only seen sims ignore the fact that they are "in" the door! Even when the door is hung up on a ceiling light. But it bothers ME, so I turn the door to open the other way, or use a pocket door, or arch.

Mad Poster
#16047 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Sims2Pack files already can be opened with Clean Installer.

It's possible that it got disassociated with the program though. If you right-click them in Explorer and go to the Open With menu, there's an option to choose the default program. Click that, and then if the Clean Installer doesn't appear in the list, use the Browse... button to select the program. I believe it's usually under C:\Program Files (x86)\ if you're on 64-bit.

Unless they're inside a zip/rar/7z file. Then you want to extract them first.

=
WOW! It works, and it's easy!

Instructor
#16048 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 3:20 PM
Is §10,000 the highest a sim can receive as a daily wage? I'm editing a custom career and SimPE isn't allowing me to enter more than §10,000.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Alchemist
#16049 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And now I have a worse problem, with CC not showing up after installing 2 SPs. So I'm pretty sick of the whole thing.

Totally understandable.

If anyone else is interested, I found this quote in an old thread http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...214#post3898214

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
In answer to your question about SimPE passing down features, gazania, I guess it didn't for a long time, but it does now. It does in my game, at any rate, so I don't see why it wouldn't in someone else's game. My custom eyes and skin have been genetically passed along as well as the features that I picked out for my prototypes.

Made me wonder... if we use Sim Surgery to change sims, maybe we don't need to change the DNA. It may already be built in. Made me wonder if the older version grammapat used is obsolete because it's no longer needed? Anyway, there's more comments about all this in that thread and tutorials around. Maybe I'll actually learn about this genetic stuff.
Scholar
#16050 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The Freetime model train table quickly became notorious for regularly bursting into flames for no apparent reason. (Maxis just loves for things to burst into flames apparently ) You can use in-game measures (base game smoke alarm, University sprinkler head) or you can use Paladin's "Model Trains Don't Burst Into Flames" mod.

https://simfileshare.net/folder/15676/

Thank you for the Mod, I was so shocked when it happened (I laughed at the same time)!!

Not sure I like the idea of it burning randomly for no reason, so in it goes into my Mods folder!

Here's what happened after the townie died:
Page 642 of 1346