Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#17376 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
That's exactly why I asked that question, because I was afraid the game would be changed if I used that backup even though I hadn't saved. How can the game affect files outside of The Sims 2 folder? I think they would've stayed the same. Scary... :P

I thought of one relatively simple way to test, although I don't have a test neighborhood to try it on. I also noticed that Sims character files' time/date stamps get updated when they are called on the phone - probably to reflect the relationship change. So the test would be to call (and call and call) one particular Sim who you aren't friends with over and over until you do make friends with them. Then make your backup, quit without saving and exit the game. Load the backup, start the game and then go into the lot from where you did the calling and see if that called Sim is still a friend or not.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Advertisement
Instructor
#17377 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 6:15 PM
Any idea about how to make a non-default mesh out of a default one?
I tried to follow Phaenoh's tutorial, but it works only for recolors.
Lab Assistant
#17378 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
@Radium, do you have a favorite tree? I want to change one of the VC 3D models to a special MidgetheTree_tree. Already messed about in there banning the headwitch and reclaiming my matchmaker. I feel so empowered!

Well... (one of) my IRL namesakes is the hibiscus so if you wanted to use that midbiscus tree from BG as a model that'd be fitting

Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
Any idea about how to make a non-default mesh out of a default one?
I tried to follow Phaenoh's tutorial, but it works only for recolors.

If you're trying to make a non-default version of some default replacement CC, a lot of them these days are made in such a way that their mesh doesn't overwrite any default meshes (they just link the clothing to that mesh instead of a default mesh). If that's the case, just open the package and extract the GMDC, GMND, CRES, and SHPE and build a new mesh package out of those. Then you can use Phaenoh's tutorial, just make sure to keep this mesh package along with the custom versions.

If they do overwrite a maxis mesh (have group 0x1C0532FA), you can still extract the mesh resources, just once you have them in their own package use Tools > Object Tools > Fix Integrity, replace the modelname with something unique and descriptive, click "update" and then "ok". Once you've got this mesh package saved you can use Phaenoh's tutorial, but then go through all the custom versions, open their 3DIR, and use Tools > PJSE > Body Mesh Tool > Linking Stage to link them to the custom version of the mesh.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Mad Poster
#17379 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 8:34 PM
... What's worse is the business owner is always there but he's useless.

Pescado's "Business Runs You" has the option to assign a function to the business owner. Most options are self-explanatory (see attached screenshot). The other two are: "Bugger Off" (owner stays home) and "No Task" (owner stands around being useless like in the unmodded game)

businessrunsyou.zip available here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...=ofb%2Fhacks%2F
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#17380 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 10:54 PM
I'm just going to go off topic here and vent for a second, since it has been brought up, but I hate the business controller Pescado has, regardless of how useful it is. Maybe it's petty, but I wish I could change the model so that it's not a literal hammer and sickle. I get the Soviet Russia joke, but my country was under Soviet occupation & repression for 50 years and thus it's just offensive to me to have it in my game, which is why I refuse to use it. I just wish Pescado had been more considerate and made it literally any other model already in the game.
Lab Assistant
#17381 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 11:25 PM
There's a tutorial on how to change the models for mod-related objects like the business controller over here .
Field Researcher
#17382 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 11:38 PM
What is the official name of the complete collection of sims 2 and where can I buy one? Do I must have origin installed for that?
Alchemist
#17383 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 11:52 PM
If you have a Mac, you can get the the Sims 2 Super Collection at the mac app store. For PCs, it's called the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and it's not for sale. Try places like ebay for disks.
Alchemist
#17384 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 12:28 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 12th Feb 2019 at 1:00 AM.
@Radium, do you have a favorite tree? I want to change one of the VC 3D models to a special MidgetheTree tree. Already messed about in there banning the headwitch and reclaiming my matchmaker. I feel so empowered!

Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Well... (one of) my IRL namesakes is the hibiscus so if you wanted to use that midbiscus tree from BG as a model that'd be fitting

It is done! Thank you, again, so much!

Quote: Originally posted by TuxxedoCat
I'm just going to go off topic here and vent for a second, since it has been brought up, but I hate the business controller Pescado has, regardless of how useful it is. Maybe it's petty, but I wish I could change the model so that it's not a literal hammer and sickle. I get the Soviet Russia joke, but my country was under Soviet occupation & repression for 50 years and thus it's just offensive to me to have it in my game, which is why I refuse to use it. I just wish Pescado had been more considerate and made it literally any other model already in the game.

That is the one that actually prompted me to write that tutorial. It was beyond awful. The Pescado eye is just awful. In my game, the business controller is a solar panel on the roof and the baby controller is a giant teddy bear in the crib.

Quote: Originally posted by Gryning
There's a tutorial on how to change the models for mod-related objects like the business controller over here .

Yep, that's it.

And I am now updating that info with the MidgetheTree tree to honor Radium for her work on VC.

If you need more detail, check the tutorial.
Lab Assistant
#17385 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 1:11 PM
Ahh, thanks a lot! And the batbox too! I'm not really that good at SimPE unfortunately so this is a blessing, really.
Top Secret Researcher
#17386 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 2:59 PM

Yeah I agree. It should be as offensive as the Nazi symbol, if not more. But for some reason it's not.

It's on the "bathroom uses you" toilet paper too. Thankfully it's quite small so it doesn't bother me that much.
Field Researcher
#17387 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 3:43 PM
First of all, the updated version has been released! Second of all, you can workaround the SFS issue by removing "www." from the URL - if you find that frustrating, I'd recommend getting a browser extension to automatically redirect it for you. Hopefully SFS will fix the "www." links but until then that's the workaround.

I am trying to dl it but only end up with a broken rarfile. Is something wrong.
Would love to get my hands on this great mod update.
Mad Poster
#17388 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by roxmaniac

You may need to upgrade your rar or 7zip extractor, this is a known problem with older extractors.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Scholar
#17389 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 6:06 PM
How do you make Mod(s) load last? No matter how many z's I add to the folder (or the Mod filename itself) Peterskywalker!'s "Children and teen townies always visit community lots" doesn't want to load after Radium's updated Visitor Controller.. I tried putting "a" in front of Radium's Visitor Controller (a in the subfolder and a in the Mod name itself). Nothing seems to work. It worked fine with TwoJeff Visitor Controller until I added Radium's updated version which is rather odd.

The reason why I have Peterskywalker!'s Mod is because I want more children/teens on Community lots without me needing to send a playable teen/child to said lots. I'd like to see children and teens interact with each other without a playable child/teen being present.

Does anybody how to make these two Mods work together?
Alchemist
#17390 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
How do you make Mod(s) load last? No matter how many z's I add to the folder (or the Mod filename itself) Peterskywalker!'s "Children and teen townies always visit community lots" doesn't want to load after Radium's updated Visitor Controller.. I tried putting "a" in front of Radium's Visitor Controller (a in the subfolder and a in the Mod name itself). Nothing seems to work. It worked fine with TwoJeff Visitor Controller until I added Radium's updated version which is rather odd.

If it's confusing, you can simplify by putting the mods you are concerned about loading in order just in the main Downloads folder, then just make sure the file names of those files are in the alphabetical order you want them to load.

Yeah I agree. It should be as offensive as the Nazi symbol, if not more. But for some reason it's not.

Who says it's not?

Ahh, thanks a lot! And the batbox too! I'm not really that good at SimPE unfortunately so this is a blessing, really.

You might find it easy, but if you need help, lemme know. I can talk you through or make you a version you like, either way.
Scholar
#17391 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 6:40 PM
If it's confusing, you can simplify by putting the mods you are concerned about loading in order just in the main Downloads folder, then just make sure the file names of those files are in the alphabetical order you want them to load.

I've moved them out of my Mods subfolder and into the normal Downloads folder.
How do I know they will be loading in the right order though? I ran HCDU and it says the Children&Teens mod is loading first when it should be loading last..
I already had Visitor Controller loading first with A at the front of the filename and the other loading last with a Z at the front of the filename..
Lab Assistant
#17392 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by roxmaniac

It doesn't seem to be a problem on my end... Is it still broken if you try redownloading?

Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
I've moved them out of my Mods subfolder and into the normal Downloads folder.
How do I know they will be loading in the right order though? I ran HCDU and it says the Children&Teens mod is loading first when it should be loading last..
I already had Visitor Controller loading first with A at the front of the filename and the other loading last with a Z at the front of the filename..

If they're in the same folder and named that way they should be loading in the correct order. Alternatively, if you leave the visitor controller in some subfolder and the mod you want to load last in the main folder that'll also cause it to load last.

AKA Midge the Tree
Scholar
#17393 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 7:28 PM
If they're in the same folder and named that way they should be loading in the correct order. Alternatively, if you leave the visitor controller in some subfolder and the mod you want to load last in the main folder that'll also cause it to load last.

I had your Visitor Controller in your folder "zzzzzMidgeTheTree Mods" and the other Mod in its own folder called "zzzzzzzPeterskywalker Mods". Some of your Mods need to be loaded last to avoid conflicts with other Mods I have which is why I have z's in front of your folder. If I move any of the Mods around I'll get confused what is what so that's why they're in folders with the creators name. Peterskywalker's Mod has to be loaded last from your Visitor Controller but no matter how many z's I put in the folder name for his/her Mod, his/hers still loads first.. I even tried putting Visitor Controller in its own subfolder inside your folder with an A in it but that didn't help.

I just ran HCDU with just the two Mods in their own folders like this: "aVisitorController" and "zChildren_on_community_lot" and they seem to load in the right order. But why when I place them in my Mods folder, they revert back to the wrong loading order.... It makes my folders look messy when I place them outside of the Mods folder. I guess if that's the only way they will work together, I'll just have to grin and bare it.

Edit: I put them back in my Mods subfolder as "aVisitorController" and "zPeterskywalker Mods" and the load order is fine. Anyone who uses these two Mods together, make sure Visitor Controller has its own folder! :D
Forum Resident
#17394 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 8:25 PM
What's the difference between the male-to-female proposal animations and the female-to-male ones? I just saw one of midge's mods changes it to the latter regardless of genders, but I can't see any differences between them?
Top Secret Researcher
#17395 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 8:27 PM
Who says it's not?

All the people who proudly call themselves communists nowadays, people who gladly protest against nazism but don't say a word about communism, and maybe pescado who chose that symbol. as well as people who downloaded that without having any issue with the symbol at all. I suspect if he chose a Nazi symbol, it wouldn't go by as frictionless.
This is very off topic though, but I'd be willing to continue the discussion in another thread if needed.
Lab Assistant
#17396 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 8:30 PM
You might find it easy, but if you need help, lemme know. I can talk you through or make you a version you like, either way.

Ah yeah, I got it done. In general once I know how to do something I won't need help with it; I'm actually a programmer (well, amateur programmer, admittedly, but I'd like think I'm pretty good at it), but I just haven't bothered to learn SimPE even after all these years, so that's why I'm not really good at it, lol. Thanks for all the help regardless, and for linking the tutorial, it wouldn't have even dawned on me to search for it!
Lab Assistant
#17397 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 8:35 PM
All the people who proudly call themselves communists nowadays, people who gladly protest against nazism but don't say a word about communism, and maybe pescado who chose that symbol. as well as people who downloaded that without having any issue with the symbol at all. I suspect if he chose a Nazi symbol, it wouldn't go by as frictionless.
This is very off topic though, but I'd be willing to continue the discussion in another thread if needed.

This is off topic and shouldn't continue here, but I just want to say that I don't technically have an issue with communism itself as a theory, just with the concept of the Soviet Union and the hammer and sickle. Normally the communist symbol would be the star, not the hammer and sickle, and I have no reservations about the star, since it doesn't represent the same thing to me as the hammer and sickle does. But it might not be very wise to say positive things about naziism either, it's definitely the worse of the two ideologies. Nazi Germany represented naziism, but the Soviet Union didn't represent communism; and regardless of ideology, they both were brutal, brutal dictatorships - that's how I see it.
Alchemist
#17398 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
What's the difference between the male-to-female proposal animations and the female-to-male ones? I just saw one of midge's mods changes it to the latter regardless of genders, but I can't see any differences between them?

in shipped version, sim animations for anything seem to be unisex.
I do not know for mods since I have not downloaded any such mod.
Mad Poster
#17399 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 9:06 PM
Default Grammar
Anyone tried setting up and running a dorm room that is that of an apartment unit principle? If so, what's the experience you had with it?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#17400 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama

The most obvious difference is that in the male-to-female proposal animations the proposee jumps into the proposer's arms, feet off the ground and everything, whereas in the female-to-male proposal the proposee stays standing (they still hug of course, just no jump). The other difference that stood out to me was the way they admire the ring. The F acceptance anim almost... makes the sim bounce while admiring the ring if that makes sense? And they stretch out their arm more as they admire it.

AKA Midge the Tree
Page 696 of 1347