Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#17451 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 1:39 PM
Oh ok. Guess mine isn't animated then, because it's hood.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17452 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Reading this it says to change the 2000 to 5000, but my neighbourhood camera doesn't have 2000 it has lots of 200000's. Can anyone help with this? Should I change all the 2's into 5's?

You're looking at the wrong file. Oddly enough, you don't edit the NeighborhoodCamera.txt to fix this - you edit FirstPersonCameras.txt instead.

One section should look something like this (it may vary depending on whose camera mod you're using):

Code:
# Free moving first person camera.
camera     "CameraManNH" CameraMan
fov        (10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55 60 65 70 75 80)
clip       2 2000

Change the bottom line (clip settings) to read as follows:
Code:
clip       2 5000
Alchemist
#17453 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 8:14 PM
if Young Adults were to use Elixir (or do Cowplant's Milk interaction), would they actually be changing the days left of their upcoming Adult age?
Undead Molten Llama
#17454 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
And a hood skybox can't be animated, but a lot skybox can.

Nope, hood skyboxes can be animated, too. For instance, I made eight different ones here.

To me, the only reason to use lot skyboxes these days is if you want different lots to have a different skies for some reason, so that you don't have to go out to the neighborhood and change out the sky before going to the lot that has a different sky. This would be helpful for storytellers, I would think, if they have different lots with different "sets" and environments. Otherwise, it's much, much easier to use neighborhood skies because if you want every lot in the neighborhood to have the same sky using lot skyboxes, then you'd have to go around a put a lot skybox on every lot instead of just placing a neighborhood sky. I'm also thinking that lot skyboxes wouldn't be compatible with horizons, if one wants to use them. But I'm not sure about that since I haven't used lot skyboxes in years.

@joandsarah77 If what you have is a hole/clipping, then what RoxEllen said ought to fix it. If it doesn't, a picture of the issue would be helpful.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17455 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 10:11 PM
Here is my neighbourhood camera or am I looking at the wrong one?

Edit: I see it's a different camera. Sorry, I'm not well. Okay, changed first-person camera, will check later.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#17456 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 10:30 PM
Hi everyone...I am looking for a way to contact someone at Sins Cave. I have been registered there for ages, but can't log in because I don't remember any of the details. The password reset email doesn't arrive - not that it would help, probably, since my username is also AWOL. Can't re-register because the email address is already on the system. I can't see any 'contact us' button either. I suppose I could start a separate email account, but that only partly solves the problem.

I've been ignoring this ever since I came back to TS2, but it is annoying when people post links and I can't open them. Can someone maybe poke a SimsCave moderator for me? Or perhaps someone clever can see another way around it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17457 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 10:40 PM
@aelflaed

I sent a message to sorasunao on Sims Cave, hopefully that will help!
Alchemist
#17458 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@aelflaed

I sent a message to sorasunao on Sims Cave, hopefully that will help!

Thanks, simsample, at least it is worth a try.
Lab Assistant
#17459 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 11:53 PM
What to do when you feel like playing the premade sims, but you absolutely hate all of the Maxis neighborhoods (aesthetically-wise) and most of it's lots?
Alchemist
#17460 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rguerra
What to do when you feel like playing the premade sims, but you absolutely hate all of the Maxis neighborhoods (aesthetically-wise) and most of it's lots?

I have all the iconic premades from the bins and hoods and subhoods in an otherwise empty hood. I use it for pics. I used extracted ones. Many are here.
https://maxis-taste.livejournal.com/12428.html#cutid2
Here's a thread with a lot of other links. http://modthesims.info/t/442958
The ones I didn't find, I extracted myself. I cloned a few of the NPCs, too. My avatar is my playable clone of the Genie madeover a bit.
Mad Poster
#17461 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 12:34 AM
Alternatively, make a custom hood.
Attach Tarlia's subhood versions of all the neighborhoods containing sims you want to play.
Put any graves in inventory and move them out of their houses to the bin. Put them into your main hood in houses you like, take graves out of inventory and move any you don't want haunting a residence to a graveyard.
Delete the subhoods.
Play.

Which is easier depends on who you are. I'd rather go the subhood route because it would be tedious and time-consuming to do all the SimPE work involved in recreating the relationships and situations. But you might be excited by the possibility of tweaking those things to suit you perfectly, and prefer the extraction route. Extraction would also be better if you only wanted some of the sims from each neighborhood rather than all.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#17462 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rguerra

I'm only using the appearance of the sims. If you want all the traits they have, it's probably easier to just change the appearance of the hood around them. Change out lots with other ones, and use HoodReplace to change the terrain. http://modthesims.info/d/279992
Mad Poster
#17463 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
I've also noticed I haven't seen @Rosebine in a long while! We miss you!

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
No, it's not random; I've been worrying about gummi, and @Rosebine to be honest, for a while, too, because I haven't seen them post in a while. But then Rosebine logged in a little while back. I haven't seen or heard anything about gummilutt, though, which is a little sad, but doesn't necessarily have to mean bad news. I just try to believe that gummi is okay, just too busy for simming right now.

Sweet you guys, I miss you ALL too...but I am coming back, soon. I have not switch to another sim game no. I kept creating, playing my beloved Sims 2, but I had to stay away from the net. I hope Gummi is alright!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#17464 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Sweet you guys, I miss you ALL too...but I am coming back, soon. I have not switch to another sim game no. I kept creating, playing my beloved Sims 2, but I had to stay away from the net. I hope Gummi is alright!

So glad to see you! <3
Field Researcher
#17465 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 5:29 AM
@joandsarah77 thanks, I must have used a skybox then as I remember TS2 sky being vibrant with white pillowy clouds.
@Sunrader thanks for the invitation but I haven't got TS2 yet and my old laptop that has all the games installed won't work anymore
Top Secret Researcher
#17466 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine

Nice to know you're OK! You've just been gone a while!

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#17467 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 10:44 AM
After congratulating myself on bringing Amar Larrea back home safely I find I have a more serious problem in Veronaville which I may not be able to fix so easily. I created a couple of Sims in CAS, with a view to making them townies. They are a father (adult) and daughter (child) and my plan was to change the father to a teen, make them siblings, and then make them into townies. (I like having townies who are related to each other -- like the Tricou teens.) I moved them into my Downtown Changing Hut, a tiny lot which provides basic accommodation for a few hours for CAS Sims who are destined to become townies. They moved in and started to dance together, but as soon as I started trying to instruct them the game crashed back to the operating system. ("The application has stopped working and will be terminated.") When I restarted the game, they were standing outside the house, but, as soon as I tried to do anything with them, the game crashed again. I restarted the game, moved them back into the Family Bin, replaced the furniture in the Changing Hut (which of course had all been deleted). Then I moved them in again. I let the game run for a few seconds and they started to dance again. I paused the game and saved. But as soon as I tried to do anything with them, the game crashed again.

Now it seems clear to me that either one (or both) of my new Sims is badly glitched, or else the lot is. And, as I've used the lot before, my suspicions must rest on my new Sims. I'll try moving them back to the family bin, and then move them into a different lot -- possibly a completely empty one. Then I'll see if I can play therm. If the game still crashes, I think the only thing I can do is revert to a recent backup. I've extracted their likenesses in SimPE, so I will be able to clone them in Body Shop and bring them back. But I've got several other new families in the Family Bin; what if any of them are glitched too? I've got lots of backup, but I could potentially lose a lot of gameplay. In the past my game has been remarkably stable and free of crashes. Any suggestions as to whit I should do?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#17468 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 10:53 AM
Test them in a different lot first. Make sure that it's not just that the lot has glitched.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17469 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 1:51 PM
Are they wearing CC? I would be more inclined to think that could be borked before sims fresh out of CAS.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17470 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 3:03 PM
I moved them into a completely empty 2x1 lot. It was even worse: merely moving the mouse caused the game to crash. I didn't even get the "The application has crashed" message -- the game just stopped running and disappeared off my screen as if it had never started. There's obviously something far wrong, and it seems probable that the current version of Veronaville is toast. I'm not too bothered about that, as I do have plenty of recent backups. Sooner or later I'll probably have to restore from backup, but meantime I can use the current 'hood to try to test just where the problem lies.

Yes they are wearing CC -- most of my Sims do. I probably have other Sims wearing the same clothes, but I can't swear to it. I can't take them back into CAS to change their clothes. I'll try using a teleporter to summon them, one at a time to another lot, and see which, if either of them, causes the game to crash. If I can, I'll then try to change their clothes. I'll also try moving in my other Family Bin Sims to see if it's not a general problem moving Sims in.

I know that there are serious problems with my hard disk, and I've been putting off changing it. So it may be a corrupted file somewhere in the game files (under Program Files). If that's the case, I'll just have to accept that I can't fix it until I change the disk.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#17471 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 3:22 PM
You don't have to change their clothes if you can remember the names of what they're wearing. Move those files elsewhere.

It seems more likely to me that, if you know there's serious problems with your hard drive, the problem's more likely to be there than in your game. I hate to tell you not to play till you can get a new computer; but you always knew you were running on a machine that couldn't take it, and every time you load the game you're straining it again.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#17472 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 8:27 PM
You're right of course, Peni. But I'm so totally addicted to my Sims. I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't meet up with them for few days.

I managed to identify who is causing the trouble. It's this innocuous-looking child:

You wouldn't think so to look at her, but as soon as she appears on a lot, everything stops working!

I moved one of my other Family Bin CAS families in, and they moved in no bother. I saved the game and added a teleporter to their lot. I was able to summon the adult Donald Dent with the teleporter, and my Sims were able to interact with him with no problems. But, when I summoned Amy, the game crashed as soon as she appeared.

I could try the shorts and the hair with another black-haired girl child already in the game (Beatrice Monty?) , and check that they work. And I can try moving in my other Bin CAS Sim families to make sure they're ok. But I suspect the fault may be in Amy's character file. With all the disk problems I've been having it may contain bad sectors or something like that. I know I really shouldn't be playing with the disk in this state but my Sims keep drawing me back. I can't resist the lure of spending just a little time with them. :lovestruc
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Alchemist
#17473 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 9:33 PM
unanswered::
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
if Young Adults were to use Elixir (or do Cowplant's Milk interaction), would they actually be changing the days left of their upcoming Adult age?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17474 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
unanswered::

No, the YA has nothing to do with the adult age. It would do nothing.

Andrew, make a backup, move all your cc out then try loading up this child. if she works sans CC then you will know it's something that she is wearing.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#17475 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
You're right of course, Peni. But I'm so totally addicted to my Sims. I get withdrawal symptoms if I don't meet up with them for few days.

I managed to identify who is causing the trouble. It's this innocuous-looking child:

Well, there's obviously a poltergeist. SimSurgery can give you a fully exorcised child. If removing the demon infested clothes doesn't work, maybe just clone and rebuild her?

Or an error log might give you a clue if it's some other object - like, occasionally, I've noticed an error because the sim planned to interact with some glitched object. I could see it in the error log, but not in the game, since the object borked and the sim didn't interact with it where I could see it.
Page 699 of 1346