Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2017 at 1:55 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Preventing/Fixing CAS Folder Showing Incorrect Sims?
Hello. I've been having this problem going on for ages but I've just dealt with it before, but now that I'm working on a large fan film project it's come to the point that I can no longer just "deal with it". The problem I'm speaking of is the collection bin in Create-A-Sim showing the wrong thumbnails for the characters-- that is, when I go into the bin that has the Sims I've created in BodyShop, it will show a thumbnail of a Sim but when I click on it it will load a completely different Sim. I've been able to fix the thumbnails by deleting the Thumbnails folder in the TS2 directory and let the game load them all over again but this is only a temporary fix and the problem always comes back. When I go into the bin, when this bug happens, I never know what Sim I'm going to get so it's extremely hard to find the characters that I'm looking for.

Another issue that this creates is that I can't organize my Sims into collection folders because when I do put them into collection folders, when the bug mentioned above happens, it screws up all of the collection folder Sims and swaps them around seemingly at random, and they remain this way even when I delete the Thumbnails folder. A Sim I once had placed in one particular collection folder will be moved to another folder so there's no way that I can keep them organized.

Does anyone know of some way to permanently fix this problem or some way to prevent it from happening? Or does anyone know of some way that I can at least get it so it doesn't screw up my collection folders? The bug would almost be bearable if at least the right Sims remained in the collection folders I put them in...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th May 2017 at 11:59 AM
Does using Ctrl + right-click on the CAS thumbnails help at all? Usually that will force thumbnails to update and show the correct sim, hair, object, etc.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what to tell you about your collections folders.