Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 16 of 43
Test Subject
#376 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 5:45 PM
Unfortunatetly, since upgrading this mod to 2A my game has started freezing. I had to remove it. If you can get it working, I would love to reinstall! Thanks!!
Test Subject
#377 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:17 PM
In attachment there is Fiber Door for male and female with French and Spanish translations. Cheers.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Sims4-DoorLocks-GenderFiberDoor-TranslationFR-ES.zip (1.09 MB, 15 downloads)
Description: Gender Door with translations FR and ES.
Test Subject
#378 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:32 PM Last edited by duke8804 : 13th Apr 2015 at 8:49 PM. Reason: I am a fool
Please ignore i am just a fool and did not follow all the instructions.

I have just installed the latest version. I read the instructions and I am unable to figure out how to get the mod to work. I have all expansions and fully updated. I am unable to click on any door.
Deceased
Original Poster
#379 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by misterspock
I keep having the same problem with both version 1 and 2 where I can't save my game after enabling the locks. I don't have any other mods and took out all my cc to test it, but my game just won't save. It's weird, because all locks work perfectly and there are no other issues. Idk.
Well, I can't imagine how the mod could affect your save game. It does add some object states to the doors that get saved, but those are done in the standard XML tuning not in the script portion. Are you getting an error code when trying to save? You could also try deleting the localthumbcache file and/or a repair game.

Seems like I had this problem once myself, but it's been quite a while back (months). I think I tracked it down to an object on the lot that was already saved with something bad in it, so it loaded up fine but then wouldn't save again afterwards. I think I got it to save by starting the game with another family, saving the game, and then I was able to reload with the new save, but it's been so long ago and I've seen so many problems with this game - I may have had to revert to an older save game.

Sorry I can't remember the precise details, and your problem may be completely different in any case, but hopefully this will help.
Deceased
Original Poster
#380 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leo3487
I found an error, than is not bug as no make it no working

Any sim can configure filters, even no owners of a lot

That's intentional with the new version - it allows setting locks on venues (bars, etc.) There's no autonomous door locking, so since you're in control I figured why not just enable it for all lots.
Deceased
Original Poster
#381 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tkh1600
i find out this mod will freeze my game

i also got get to works expansion

anyone with GTW know how to fix it?
I doubt it's caused by this mod or I'd be getting a lot of hate mail from people... Not sure what to tell you, maybe try a game repair or look for other mods/cc that could be causing issues. Usually when this kind of issue occurs I can get some idea of what's going wrong by looking at my lastException file in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder, but that can take a long time just to load up, much less try and interpret, as when the game locks that file can get to be 100's of megabytes in size
Deceased
Original Poster
#382 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by endigomuus
I have the same problem too, and I do have it enabled.

Endigomuss and/or Ruthschoenb - are you getting the menus when clicking on a door or do the locks just not work. Either way it's probably an installation issue or script mods not being enabled. Double check that script mod setting as it usually gets turned off by the game updates, so if you turned it on for an earlier mod a month ago it will have been turned back off by the latest patch.
Deceased
Original Poster
#383 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anshesa
Maybe soon translated into German?
That would be really great
If someone submits a translation, yes. I'd just run stuff through Google translator but it could be full of stupid mistakes and I'd never know, my German is the wurst (yes, bad pun, I know)
Deceased
Original Poster
#384 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by damonxx
but it's not working, even if i choose the options to lock the door for any sims, they still come in the room
Sounds like the script part isn't running. Have you double-checked that the script is installed properly (see the screenshots there's one showing which files need to be in the Mods folder, and there's also the video link on the mod description page). Also make sure that script mods are enabled in your game options (also in the video if you're not sure where to check that).
Deceased
Original Poster
#385 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryan128
Thanks for The mod and can you Make Sims Able To Knock on lock doors
I'd love to trust me, but that's just not possible. The only reason that works on the front door is that visiting sims are told to walk up to it and knock and wait, but not go through. As far as a sim told to go through a locked door is concerned, there is no door there, just a wall.
Deceased
Original Poster
#386 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cmcallister14
The options show up for me but the lock employee and customer options doesn't work.....
If you updated the mod, make sure you deleted the old version of the scripts and have the script file from the latest download in there. To be honest, I wouldn't think that ANY of the locks would work if the wrong script version was running, but maybe that could be the issue...
Deceased
Original Poster
#387 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
If you updated the mod, make sure you deleted the old version of the scripts and have the script file from the latest download in there. To be honest, I wouldn't think that ANY of the locks would work if the wrong script version was running, but maybe that could be the issue...
@saphyredragon @tkh1600 - this could also possibly cause the game to generate that huge lastException file that would lock up the game as well, so check this!
Deceased
Original Poster
#388 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JakeC0001
In attachment there is Fiber Door for male and female with French and Spanish translations. Cheers.
Thanks JackJakeC0001 - I hope to get the door translations updated tonight, I've gotten several.
Test Subject
#389 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 9:01 PM
The version 1.B work fine with me, but not the new, so i think the probleme is from your new version.

And thank you i didn't knew (for the option of script) i'm happy now even if this is the old version you think you'll do a update scumbumbo ?

PS: i have get to work dlc

oh and i've forgot i love you <3 lol i dreamed about this mod for long time thank you for your hard work
Test Subject
#390 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 9:51 PM
Hey!
First of all, thanks!
Second: I get all the options except the retail (employees/customers) options. I installed with the mod manager and both the package and scripts are enabled there and scripts are enabled in-game. Do you have any ideas what might be causing it not to work? Cheers!
(saving works fine btw)
Deceased
Original Poster
#391 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bleakraven
Hey!
First of all, thanks!
Second: I get all the options except the retail (employees/customers) options. I installed with the mod manager and both the package and scripts are enabled there and scripts are enabled in-game. Do you have any ideas what might be causing it not to work? Cheers!
(saving works fine btw)
If you use the mod manager to install you will need to make sure that the old mod gets unchecked in the mod manager - it doesn't understand mod updates and will just put the version 2 of the mod in with the old one, as if it were a new completely different mod.

ETA: Also, maybe it's not obvious but I guess I never mentioned this before... the retail options for customers/employees will only show up in the pie menu if you are on a retail lot.
Test Subject
#392 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
If you use the mod manager to install you will need to make sure that the old mod gets unchecked in the mod manager - it doesn't understand mod updates and will just put the version 2 of the mod in with the old one, as if it were a new completely different mod.

ETA: Also, maybe it's not obvious but I guess I never mentioned this before... the retail options for customers/employees will only show up in the pie menu if you are on a retail lot.

Yes, I installed version 2 for the first time ever since I just found out your mod. I was in my retail shop and tried to lock the door for customers, but the option was not there Still useful to keep visiting sims from going into my basement (of doom!)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#393 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 8:25 PM
My game just became that much more useable. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#394 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 8:41 PM
Now I can stop customers wandering behind the counter of my bakery! Thank You!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#395 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 9:13 PM
Hopefully, I will install right!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#396 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:51 AM
yay i can trap ppl for no reason
Deceased
Original Poster
#397 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bleakraven
Yes, I installed version 2 for the first time ever since I just found out your mod. I was in my retail shop and tried to lock the door for customers, but the option was not there Still useful to keep visiting sims from going into my basement (of doom!)
OK, this is just a guess, but I think maybe you're not enabling the lock filters. After enabling the lock, choose "Enable Lock Filters" and then "Set Filters" and you should see the Retail option.

I'm planning on redesiging the menus soon to make it easier to use (less menus to bounce through). Not sure when I'll have the time, but it will happen.

ETA - "Redesiging?"?! I'm also planning on learning to spell one of these days...
Deceased
Original Poster
#398 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 3:22 AM
Added some more language translations tonight, Dutch and Russian. Also added some translations provided for the bathroom doors add-on. Full details are in the credits on the mod description page.

Thanks Again Translators!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#399 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 6:29 AM
You are a Legend!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#400 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 1:46 PM
:-)
Page 16 of 43