Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 12:20 AM
Default anyone here live near coney island in brooklyn?
i live in staten island and i am so mad that some big corp. wants to just tear it all down and create a huge tourist trap

anyone else feel this way?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 4:15 AM
Oh my cousin lives in Staten Island. Whats happening over there? There not forcing everyone to relocate are they?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 3:41 AM
Not entirely sure about this, but as my parents are in the NYC parks department, and I live in Brooklyn, I thought I should mention what they've said about this.

Someone bought a lot of the property in Coney Island, and is planning to develop it. My parents believe that this is a good thing, as much of the property is empty lots and, no offense to anyone, Coney Island is on the dirty side. I don't know if development means tourist trap or getting rid of rides or what.

I'll try and find out more about the situation...

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes