Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 5:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Default restrictbuildbuyinbuildings cheat not working?
Buh. I thought I was posting in the help forums, and then, I realized I had somehow surfed into the discussion forums- thankfully I deleted the thread when I realized my mistake. ANYWAY.

For some reason, despite getting the 'homebuilders association does not allow this' message when I try to edit anything in a skyscraper shell, any cheat that I try to use to lift the restriction is not recognized by the game.

I've tried restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false, rbbb off on both a residential apartment and a community lot, and no matter what I try, the game cannot recognize the command. I've even checked the readme to my game just in case, by some strange quirk, there was a different command for mine. It's the same command.

Do these cheats only work in Bridgeport? I haven't tested that out just yet, but it would seem inane to have that sort of limitation.

What am I doing wrong? Also, if someone's already asked this question and I missed the post, I apologize.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 8:45 AM
You need to use the cheat:
testingcheatsenabled true
before you input the code:
restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 2:40 PM
Here are a few notes from my experiences:
  • cheats are not world related or restricted, they are game cheats not world cheats
  • have you typed in "testingcheatsenabled true" first?
  • only time I received an error, I mistyped the word. Correct spelling and no spaces in the cheat name.
  • I have typed in all lower case, all upper case, and even typed as displayed in the help text and it doesn't matter. So dont worry about capitalization.
  • The actual text from the cheat console: RestrictBuildBuyinBuildings - Usage: RestrictBuildBuyinBuildings [on|off], Removes restrictions for build/buy in buildings
  • Sometimes you also need to enable MoveObjects to move/place some items where you want them

Perhaps it would be helpful to know what error you are receiving (if any) and what you are attempting to do and what message you are getting when you attempt to do it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 5:25 PM Last edited by matildarose : 12th Dec 2010 at 5:08 PM.
I think it's the testingcheatsenabled that may have been the missing piece of the puzzle- I was going by this thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments. I'll use it later today when I get Sims 3 booted up- I'll come back to this thread if I run into any more problems related to it, along with the information werismyki needs.

Edit: That did the trick, so this thread can be locked if needed. Thank you both for your help. :lovestruc
Locked thread