Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:15 PM
Default Looking for another Fix
I'm looking for a fix that puts the odds of a default skin mating with a custom skin back to 50/50 of getting either skin. Right now in may game if a default skin and a custom skin have a baby it's going to be 100% chance of being custom skin. The game book says it's supposed to be 50/50. can someone let me know where I can find this???
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:17 PM
I've moved your post to the Where Can I Find forum.

I don't know where it says in the book that it's supposed to be 50/50 but it is definitely 100% custom.

There is no hack that will make all custom skins work that way. The best that can be done is to download geneticized skins that will work 50/50 in a "blend" system. If you look under my profile, my first set of Idolatry skins work that way. If you look at bogsims.com there's a tutorial on geneticizing skins.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I've moved your post to the Where Can I Find forum.

I don't know where it says in the book that it's supposed to be 50/50 but it is definitely 100% custom.

First of all I wanted to thank you for your help I appreciate it. I think there's a great possibility I explained this completely wrong and wasn't very clear. Lets say I have two sims they are lovers and they have a baby. Dad is "sim1" he's a default skin tone and mom is a "sim2" and she's a custom skin tone. Now according to the book it said their child who is sim3 will have a 50% chance of having the skin tone of Sim1 or sim2 since one of the skins is custom. It doesn't say that the offspring is going to be 100% the custom skin tone. The book I read this in was not any book that came with the game it was a prima guide for the Sims 2University. It was a combination of a guide of the original game and it discusses how the custom skin works with the default in terms of gene's and I quote from the book I'm not saying it's right but here's what it says on p. 140:

Custom Content and Skintone
"Custom content is trickier when it comes to skin tone. It's effectively a fifth skin tone. Because, however, it's not one of the original four, there can't be a range between, for example, S2 'skin2' and the custome tone.
for example: Dad is S4/Orange and Mom is S1/S3. The Child could be:
S1/Orange: 50 percent chance of either
S3/Orange: 50 percent chance of either
S1/S4: S1, S2, S3, or S4
S3/S4: S3 or S4"

I know it's a prima guide and they're known to be wrong at times about the games they write guides for. Furthermore, I know it's been a long time and a lot of EP releases since the original game and things change in the game or get phased out. I was only wondering if someone actually made this back to normal with a mod or hack because, now, once a default skinned Sim mates with a custom skinned Sim the custom skinned Sim is has dominate gene. i will definitely check out your skin tones thanks though.
Instructor
#4 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 10:34 PM
DGV, did you even read what the nice mod lady said? HP just said YOUR GUIDE IS WRONG. Custom skins have always been dominant over in-game skins-- even the alien skin which is also supposed to be completely dominant. The only exception, as HP also said, is geneticized skins, which have been specifically modified for this effect.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
DGV, did you even read what the nice mod lady said? HP just said YOUR GUIDE IS WRONG. Custom skins have always been dominant over in-game skins-- even the alien skin which is also supposed to be completely dominant. The only exception, as HP also said, is geneticized skins, which have been specifically modified for this effect.

did you read what I wrote because I believe I covered that already, I thanked her.. no need to get an attitude.
Instructor
#6 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:59 PM
If you did, you phrased it really weirdly and I misunderstood. I thought it sounded like you were copping an attitude to the Admin of Real Bad Things.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
If you did, you phrased it really weirdly and I misunderstood. I thought it sounded like you were copping an attitude to the Admin of Real Bad Things.

You know what, you're right.. Starting out a post with "Thank you for your help," and "I appreciate it," then admitting a mistake in information is a really strange way to thank someone for help.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 6:04 PM
Okee kiddies. Chill out and be groovy.

The Prima Guide is indeed wrong - it never worked as a 50/50, and there can't really be a hack to fix it. But yeah, my skins or any other geneticized skins ftw.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.