Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 11:11 PM Last edited by angel f : 20th Aug 2009 at 7:30 AM. Reason: including your email in a post is asking for spam.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default I need some help please
last week i had to do a reinstall to my windows .. at the time of the restore it did a back up on all my files including my sims2 and all my sims2 ep's up to and including sims2 freetime.. now that i have everything back in place after the windows reinstall i cant run my sims anymore .how do i do a restore on all my sims2 and ep's with my game. i have over 30,00 custom contents downloads in my game and will be brokenhearted if i cant get some help and have to reinstall all my games over again from scratch... not to mention all my dead lil sims ill lose in the process.. someone please help me if you can..
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 4:23 AM
I actually had the same exact problem when I had to reinstall my windows as well. If you're lucky, you're files MIGHT be there. Go to the Start menu, Computer, then to your hard drive and search for the files. If there are there, right click and got to properties. If the size of the file is really small, those are the folder files and your game is gone.

If it is high, there might be hope. Post back and tell me!

If there are no files, your game is gone. Same result for me. At least you get a fresh start? I was happy I got a clean slate. I know that isn't very comforting.

-Cam
shiny!
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Aug 2009 at 4:49 AM
Did you back up the Sims 2 folder found in My Docs? That's where your game files are. If you did not back that up they are gone. If you did, you will need to reinstall the game and then replace that folder in My Docs.