Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 7:04 PM Last edited by grumpy_otter : 11th Dec 2017 at 8:31 PM.
Default Can you get a screenshot from a cutscene?--SOLVED
You know, the first kiss animations and stuff like that? I tried searching and nothing. . . Thanks!

Are th
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 7:12 PM
use fraps? is this the the pleasant family story you've written?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
use fraps? is this the the pleasant family story you've written?

I don't know what that is? EDIT: Oh good lord-- just tried to read the wikipedia page about it--I'm totally lost already. I am not very high tech.

And it MIGHT be for the story! lol Next chapter by tomorrow!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 7:14 PM
Two ways:

1. Disable the special events camera. If you fiddle with the camera enough, you should be able to get similar enough angles.

2. Use FRAPS/Dxtory/Steam to take a screenshot. All third-party programs. Steam is free, FRAPS and Dxtory both cost (although the free version of FRAPS allows you to take uncompressed bitmap screenshots, which you can then convert.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Two ways:

1. Disable the special events camera. If you fiddle with the camera enough, you should be able to get similar enough angles.

Now THAT sounds like a solution for me--excellent! Thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 7:26 PM
I use Screenhunter, and it works just fine for the special event cutscenes.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 7:28 PM
If you do that, though, you won't get everything in the cinematic, just a kiss and a bunch of floating hearts. If you want the hesitations, floating, laughing, etc. you'll need a screenshot program.

Fraps really is not hard to use. Install it, tell it which key you want to press to take the picture, turn it on, get into your game, when the cutscene comes on, start hitting the key. Then you pick the .bmps you want, put them through whatever free converter you've found to convert to a jpg (usually just a matter of "Save as.../Filename.jpg"), and post them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 7:48 PM
Personally, I recommend FastStone Photo Resizer for conversion. (If you're converting to JPEG, though, go to Settings and disable the colour subsampling, or you'll get ugly JPEG artifacts.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 8:09 PM
I usually use the Evolve overlay software for screenshots. It does its job fairly well so far.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 8:22 PM
Thank you all--i appreciate the advice! I only need one particular shot for a particular scene, so i think disabling the camera for the scene will work just fine.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 9:31 PM
I do what peni does, press the key for Fraps as many times as I want, run them through fast stone then post. Taking screenshots with a cut scene running is no different to taking any other picture in game only you can't pause it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~