Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 12:03 AM
Default Help
Maybe someone on here can help me. I accidentally changed my package files to open with Notepad and I have tried a couple different things online to change them back but its not working. anyone on here have any ideas? I am running windows 10.

Thanks
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sberton
Maybe someone on here can help me. I accidentally changed my package files to open with Notepad and I have tried a couple different things online to change them back but its not working. anyone on here have any ideas? I am running windows 10.

Thanks

I have to ask why are you opening you package files. I just unzip them and put them in the mod folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
I have to ask why are you opening you package files. I just unzip them and put them in the mod folder.

I accidently did "open with" and changed that to notepad, I thought I was doing it to another file. I did end up fixing it.
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sberton
I accidently did "open with" and changed that to notepad, I thought I was doing it to another file. I did end up fixing it.

Download Sims 4 Studio and associate your .package files with it. I open .package files all the time to look at them before I put them in my game. You should have Sims 4 Studio installed anyway for the useful batch fixes.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 2:17 PM
i did the same thing so how do i associate sims 4 studio with my package files i already have sims 4 studio?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babydoll30
i did the same thing so how do i associate sims 4 studio with my package files i already have sims 4 studio?

You should be able to right click on a Package file it should ask how you want to open the file and choose sims 4 studio. It then should open the files all the time.
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
You should be able to right click on a Package file it should ask how you want to open the file and choose sims 4 studio. It then should open the files all the time.

thanks I figure it out it is much better
Scholar
#8 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 6:30 PM
Better still, you should fix that straight from the Registry, locate the .package key, which will refer it to packagefile key, then go that key, there will be a subkey Shell then Open then Command then there's your associated path to your package file.

I made mine more advanced because I sometimes play TS2 and they are also Package file, so I made mine as triple menu, I right click on a package, I get 3 choices, Open with SimPE, S4PE, or Sims4Studio.

Windows 8 and 10 are terrible at keeping or remembering your file associations for long, so I started just doing it directly so it sticks!