Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 12:17 AM
Default Would this laptop run the Sims 3 very well?
Hi all, I am starting to look into buying a new laptop to play the Sims. My previous laptop was an Inspiron 1545, and really was not up to the Sims 3 (I forced it to play anyway). I only got around 10-25 fps max with my settings in the medium/low range, with only sim and texture detail on high I believe. I would really like to get a laptop that would let me play the game better. I found this one, and to me it seems pretty good, but I'm not the most computer savvy person.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pa...98#tab=overview

I only have the base game, World Adventures, Ambitions, and Late Night, with a small bit of CC. I also have Seasons, but I was only able to play it for a bit before I had to uninstall it as it killed the game beyond playability. I would love to be able to play it though.

Would this be suitable? It seems to be better than my previous computer by a fair bit. I don't need (or can afford :P) anything really fancy, but I'd like to be able to play sims with at least the same settings. Any feedback or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 12:59 AM
Probably not. There is no real graphics card, the CPU is too slow and the RAM is the bare minimum. I do not play Sims 3, so someone might correct me, but maybe (and that's a big maybe) you'd be able to play the base game, but all those expansions you own? No way.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 9:10 AM
You can compare any computer you're thinking of buying to the Game Help:TS3 System Requirementswiki. In this case, Soukizini is quite right - that's not a good laptop for Sims 3.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 6:01 PM
Alright, thank you so much for answering quickly, both of you. I guess I'm on the search again for something better. I only have around a $500 budget, so its a little frustrating, because I keep finding computers with good harddrives, processors and ram, but bad graphics cards, and vice versa. Thanks though!