Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 23rd May 2007 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwiftSign
[-Post-Apocalyptic setting. Bombed out cities, bombed out forests, the works. Trying to find a group to survive.]

Derange that sounds like an amazing idea it has so many opportunities and events that could never happen otherwise o.O

and a Silly Sims RP sounds like fun HP

new threads excite me XD it might bring out my inner RPer lol

That post-apocalyptic one sounds very cool. Also a Roman one sounds cool.
Advertisement
#102 Old 23rd May 2007 at 6:39 PM
Yay! RP forum finally ^^

I have some ideas...like that contest "S2C High School" I don't know if you remember but I thought that was very entertaining. You know where every one have a character from different clicks and you have one like.."master" that makes a story line and decides who your friends is going to be.

Oh oh or that other contest...what was it Hamsterball did it...it was about a neighbourhood and it was built up almost like the S2C high one.
#103 Old 23rd May 2007 at 8:42 PM
I'm typing up the first post for the post-Apocalyptic RP right now. Just sorting out a few things in my head first.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 23rd May 2007 at 9:25 PM
Next person to bring up FTW - rather than the proper acronym 'round these parts, RP, is gonna be FTL - and that's For The Lose, for all ya'll that don't know that FTW is For The Win.

Roleplay, guys. I'm going to bed.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#105 Old 23rd May 2007 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pompom
Yay! RP forum finally ^^

I have some ideas...like that contest "S2C High School" I don't know if you remember but I thought that was very entertaining. You know where every one have a character from different clicks and you have one like.."master" that makes a story line and decides who your friends is going to be.

Oh oh or that other contest...what was it Hamsterball did it...it was about a neighbourhood and it was built up almost like the S2C high one.

Yay (in general)! I was briefly in Hamsterball's one, and loved it, and I read a little of the High School one. They're both great ideas.

I love most of these, actually! Especially the silly sim one, and possible pirates? :D

The only RPing I do is silly and completely non-serious (usually), so those are the only ones I can think of. So far I've had a random and crazy fantasy school for pupils of any species, and also a circus. Actually, that might be fun. It's just the backstage bits, because they're more interesting, and it's fantasy, because that's what I like. Anyone interested in either of those?

Can't wait to see how all these work! :D
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 24th May 2007 at 12:24 AM
The post-Apocalyptic one sounds good and look forward to it! Infernal's I would do, but I'm just not into the super hero thing. sorry And if any of you can offer me suggestions on mine I'm very open as this is all new. I know the first post is long, but I was trying to explain things.....any feedback is good

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
#107 Old 24th May 2007 at 12:27 AM
Well, I like the superhero one, but, I have to keep the first 20 posts to applications for simplicity.. and the vampire RP and Superhero RPs are the first two.. pilots so to say. Gotta leave a good impression.

I'll also post Gothica sometime in late June here.. because I know some of you guys were excited about it
#108 Old 24th May 2007 at 6:08 AM
Is steampunk sort of like an industrial revolution type of theme? I looked at the pictures and that's what they remind me of.

I'm so ready for a mafia rp. Guns, backstabbing, missions...
#109 Old 24th May 2007 at 6:30 AM
I loved the Sims2Community High School, and would love to play in almost any genre that worked with that mechanic, 'cause I think that'd be perfect for forum-roleplay. Would love a Sims RP or the Titanic one.

I've also been itching to run an RP centered on relationships, with each person having a goal to achieve and someone who opposes it as well as someone who supports it. I was thinking of doing this live, but due to lack of girls in my playgroup it probably won't work out, so maybe here? The setting could be anything, but I just read a wonderful piece of how this could be done in a Jane Austen-esque way. Anyone?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 24th May 2007 at 6:33 AM
Steampunk is sort of a late Victorian/turn of the century theme, generally involving men in long coats with pistols, complicated machines of SCIENCE!!! (different from science) with brass and steam and valves and levers and dirigibles and stuff. Jules Verne type time machine kinds of things. Can combine easily with a bit of technological western depending on where you set it and the exact feel.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 24th May 2007 at 6:48 AM
HP, would it be possible to categorize the character wiki by which roleplay the characters belong to? I think it's a great wiki, but it could be easier to group all the characters from one RP together. That way if you're only playing one, you don't have to play the guessing game trying to figure out who's in your game.

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 24th May 2007 at 6:54 AM
If people go ahead and add their characters, the first post for each RP can list the characters, linking directly to their profiles on the wiki. I assume people may use the same characters for multiple RPs so we'd end up with duplicate entries for people, and I don't want to clog up the wiki - which is not mainly about roleplaying - with a bunch of pages when we can do it alphabetically.

Just for an example, if I wanted to link directly to Merun's entry on the M page, I could use:

http://www.sims2wiki.info/index.php...#Merun_Deimarna

It automatically makes an anchor on the page when you give the character's name so one could then have, like:

Player Characters:
  • Merun Deimarna - HystericalParoxysm
  • Other character - Simmer01
  • Some other dude - Simmer02
  • Yet another guy - Simmer03

... with their names linked the same way. With only the one entry on that page it's not as impressive to demonstrate as it would be with several (it would jump directly to Merun on the page without having to scroll down) but it does work quite easily that way.

Forum Resident
#113 Old 24th May 2007 at 7:11 AM
Could we just link the characters to our own wiki? kinda like how infernal had his own? I could have my own with my own RP characters? I could take care of RP maintenance from my own page...?

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 24th May 2007 at 7:13 AM
Well if we're just all going to have our own character pages, then why bother with a central database?

Forum Resident
#115 Old 24th May 2007 at 7:15 AM
umm, I don't know? I was just thinking it wouldnt' have so many entires on one page, if that makes sense. if not, just ignore me.

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 24th May 2007 at 7:27 AM
Pages can always be split up if they get too long.

Field Researcher
#117 Old 24th May 2007 at 7:28 AM
oooh I love the ghosts thing yes we all can be ghosts and have it almost like a comedy mystery horror magic thread yes! yes!yes!, *eye twiches* and we all die and live again and and *drinks more Dr.Pepper* and as we rise out of our tombstones a different persons name is on it and we try to help each other out by seeing who did this of course a villian and funny things happen yet horror things and only like Science can explain stuff *gasps* one of us could be a scientist! That is helping out ghosts to find the dead person ghost that arranged our tombstones and funny stuff happens along the way how could a person kill a ghost? LOL sorry for this just ideas flowing through my head I'll stop now.
#118 Old 25th May 2007 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Steampunk is sort of a late Victorian/turn of the century theme, generally involving men in long coats with pistols, complicated machines of SCIENCE!!! (different from science) with brass and steam and valves and levers and dirigibles and stuff. Jules Verne type time machine kinds of things. Can combine easily with a bit of technological western depending on where you set it and the exact feel.

Ahh okay; that's sort of what I was thinking. That sounds like a hard rp to run. Someone with lots of creativity could do it though.

I've thought of a couple themes that I don't think were suggested yet:

Revolution- Reign of Terror
Egyptian theme..
#119 Old 25th May 2007 at 4:06 AM
123321- if anyone could run a rp like that, you could. Your pretty creative and manage to cover any possible scenario.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 25th May 2007 at 4:20 AM
123, what's this revolution business? It sounds very cool, as far as I can tell.

#121 Old 25th May 2007 at 4:33 AM
Hehe thanks zeldap- but seriously I'd have no clue how to run a steampunk contest. I think Hp would be really good at something like that, since it was her idea-er.

Julieth, the revolution idea is basically an idea from the French Revolution- end the monarchy and start a republic. But the revolution was a time of great terror. People would be sent to court for being suspicious or even just rumors. They were put onto trial with very little evidence and it was a kangaroo court. Thousands were killed with the guillotine for no reason and with little evidence.

So if I did do this I would probably have peasants, people of Versailles (king, queen, etc.) and it would start out with uprisings or something and blossom into a full-blown revolution. But the king and queen don't have to die, things can go different ways.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 25th May 2007 at 4:44 AM
Oh my god, french revolution RP? I'm IN! I am the biggest french revolution nerd in the world, I swear...

Lab Assistant
#123 Old 25th May 2007 at 12:44 PM
Ooo 123321 I LOVE the sounds of that! I'm a history addict (that's why living in europe is sooo great )

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 25th May 2007 at 12:49 PM
Okay yeah me too.

123321.. Yeah.
#125 Old 25th May 2007 at 12:50 PM
Nah, lets do a Spanish Inquisition RP

Hmm, my RP seems to be doing relatively slow... Think it sbecause I asked not to spam up the first 5 pages?

Page 5 of 31