1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5976 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 4:43 PM Last edited by Annaminna : 6th Aug 2017 at 5:07 PM.
No Baby/Toddler Swarming
From readme:
My version allows autonomous interaction, but within limits.

Ever wondered why your sims never change dirty diapers? Well that's because Maxis in their infinite wisdom made the changing table non-autonomous. I've fixed that. It will only work for Maxis changing table, not custom ones.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=10.0

It is still rare if they autonomously change dirty diaper. I have couple who has fear to change diapers, so I let them bathe baby in sink. When baby is clean and got clean diaper, parents will autonomosly change diaper with pleasure
Advertisement
Scholar
#5977 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:01 PM
Pescado's lessbabybottles is specifically designed to stop them feeding the baby every five minutes. I did just have one Sim pick up his girlfriend's newborn with the intention of feeding him, even though he'd just been fed, but I'm hoping that was just a bonding thing -- it's the first time something like that has happened since I installed the mod a few months ago.
Theorist
#5978 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:03 PM
I'm not sure if this can be done or not. I got very tired of traffic jams on some porches, mostly downloaded houses that the porch is too small, like a 1x1 or 2x1 tile porch surface. I've wondered if it were possible to have an invisible 1 tile spot to place where you would expect to find a newspaper or magazine, also one for Humble to place the PC where it is out of the way. Where ever the newspaper 'tile' is placed, the magazines could be placed within a tile or two, whichever is convenient for the paper deliverer. Humble will place it in different areas, but on a 2 tile wide porch he will move into one tile and place the package so it's blocking the stairs and the door, making him stuck and a sim inside unable to exit the house or apartment. When a house isn't on a foundation, the placement for both NPCs is usually random and not usually a problem. I've watched the paper delivery numerous times to try to figure out how they determine where to place the paper, it doesn't seem to have any sense to it. Sometimes it's placed on the sidewalk in front of or next to the portal with nothing seeming to be in the way near the door or mailbox. Possibly making it so they leave their deliveries alongside the mailbox would work. There is a date flowers mod making them placed by the mailbox, not sure if it's just Uni or all hoods. Not sure where that mod is, and don't think I have it at the moment. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#5979 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:15 PM
On small porches I always look how door is placed, so it will not block traffic. But the idea of leaving newspapers at mailbox is GREAT. Those pesky newspaper teens are sometimes trying to leave it at backdoor.
Mad Poster
#5980 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:36 PM
The game regards the last door added to be the front door, I believe.
Mad Poster
#5981 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
No Baby/Toddler Swarming
From readme:
My version allows autonomous interaction, but within limits.

Ever wondered why your sims never change dirty diapers? Well that's because Maxis in their infinite wisdom made the changing table non-autonomous. I've fixed that. It will only work for Maxis changing table, not custom ones.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=10.0

It is still rare if they autonomously change dirty diaper. I have couple who has fear to change diapers, so I let them bathe baby in sink. When baby is clean and got clean diaper, parents will autonomosly change diaper with pleasure

That is where I read that. I have TwoJeff's No Baby/Toddler Swarming mod, but the parents never autonomously change diapers. They instead want to shove a bottle in the baby's mouth like they think that will fix the dirty diaper.
Mad Poster
#5982 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:46 PM
I don't see one of those that says it fixes the non autonomous diaper changing.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#5983 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 5:51 PM
There is nothing bad happening with baby if it has dirty diaper. I did experiment, my parents had full autonomy, feeding baby and playing with baby and diaper got changed when toddler was first time bathed. :lol
You need to disable social worker though.
Mad Poster
#5984 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 8:15 PM
There is a plethora of twins in my hood. A baby with a dirty diaper has no choice but to scream his lungs out until somebody has a chance to change it, or go to sleep No sign of a social worker yet in my hood.
Test Subject
#5985 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 8:25 PM
I find it extremely annoying how Sims will escape from locked doors when playing a different household, I would like Vlad to imprison some Sims for plasma but I can't make it happen because they'll just escape when not played. So I would love to see a mod fix this so Sims will stay in the house or room they're locked in when they're not being played.
Mad Poster
#5986 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I don't see one of those that says it fixes the non autonomous diaper changing.

It's in the readme file inside the .zip file.

Quote: Originally posted by TwoJeffs
No Baby/Toddler Swarming Ver 1.4 - (9/1/08)
By twojeffs

Compatible with: AL

FEATURES:

My take on Pescado’s nobabyharassment. My version allows autonomous interaction, but within limits. It also includes some interactions that his doesn’t. Will prevent the entire family from swarming to a baby or toddler to put it to bed, play with it, etc.

Sims are no longer allowed to autonomously interact with a baby or toddler, if any of the following are true:

1. The B/T is doing something user directed since obviously you are in control of the situation and don’t need the game pushing useless annoying crap.
2. Anyone else is already holding the B/T.
3. Anyone else is already interacting with the B/T, or their next queued action is with the B/T.
4. Stops all sims who are not family, part of the household, or a nanny from ever interacting with a B/T.

Toddlers will not autonomously attempt to interact with sims that are not on the same level of the house as them, like asking their parent who is upstairs for attention and then whining at the stairs because they can’t get there. They will also not normally bug sims who doing something user directed, unless the toddler is in motive desperation.

Ever wondered why your sims never change dirty diapers? Well that’s because Maxis in their infinite wisdom made the changing table non-autonomous. I’ve fixed that. It will only work for Maxis changing table, not custom ones.

All interactions are available to family, household members, and nannies. I cleaned up and streamlined all of the tests so they are all consistent.

The following interactions are changed by this mod:

Feed Bottle To/Get Bottle For
Change Diaper (with or without a changing table)
Bathe Baby
Bathe Toddler
Get from Crib
Read To
Put in Crib
Cuddle
Carry
Snuggle
Talk To
Toss in Air

Ask to be Read To
Follow Parent
Ask for Attention
Ask for Diaper Change
Ask for Food
Scholar
#5987 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 9:15 PM
The social worker doesn't come for a dirty diaper, only for low hunger, low social, or failing grades. Ron "the Stinker" Tinker spent practically his entire toddlerhood in a dirty diaper, since he refused pointblank to be potty-trained under any circumstances and Stephen always seemed to bathe him right before he had to "go" again, and there were no consequences (the Tinkers' other children were/are properly cared for; it was just Ron who apparently liked being stinky).
Mad Poster
#5988 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 9:52 PM
I have wondered if the social worker is more patient with parents who have twins.
Mad Poster
#5989 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CorrieCCHunter
I find it extremely annoying how Sims will escape from locked doors when playing a different household, I would like Vlad to imprison some Sims for plasma but I can't make it happen because they'll just escape when not played. So I would love to see a mod fix this so Sims will stay in the house or room they're locked in when they're not being played.

Oops..sims 2 thread...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5990 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
The social worker doesn't come for a dirty diaper, only for low hunger, low social, or failing grades. Ron "the Stinker" Tinker spent practically his entire toddlerhood in a dirty diaper, since he refused pointblank to be potty-trained under any circumstances and Stephen always seemed to bathe him right before he had to "go" again, and there were no consequences (the Tinkers' other children were/are properly cared for; it was just Ron who apparently liked being stinky).

I just had the same problem with Dodge Janackova. His twin sister ended up platinum all the time because she did everything she was supposed to do. But not Dodge. Try to potty train him, he'd just slip off the potty. Try to teach him to walk and he would just crawl away. Then he'd sit in the corner and cry because he wasn't living up to his "growing up" needs. Finally, his parents just quit trying and I did, too.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#5991 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 11:37 PM
A baby screaming its lungs out because of a dirty diaper pisses me off so there is no way in hell I'll let a baby be in a dirty diaper that makes them cry until toddlerhood. I just wish if I'm dealing with one parent the only parent will actually change the diaper instead of doing everything except changing the diaper. (I hate children, so any time they cry in real life or in games it pisses me off.)
Forum Resident
#5992 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 12:32 AM
I want a mod where if you put a book or newspaper in your sims inventory, they could pull it out to read on a community lot like the mp3 player and handheld game.
Mad Poster
#5993 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 2:29 AM
Someone directed me to a fix for the changing table that just did that, none of the other stuff in No Baby Swarming (I like baby swarming; I invite family over so they can swarm the baby). But I can't remember where I was directed to. If you just want the changing table to be autonomous, ask in WCIF and I bet somebody'll know.

I know it works great, because Madeleine Estic-Moiselle was visiting and holding her nephew when he started emitting fumes, and she took him straight into the nursery and changed his diaper at the table.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
just a girl
#5994 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:38 AM
I've seen how some people deal with babies - sometimes they're just like sims, except a dozen of bottles doesn't get thrown on the floor. To me, my sims leave a baby alone more often then real people =)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5995 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I want a mod where if you put a book or newspaper in your sims inventory, they could pull it out to read on a community lot like the mp3 player and handheld game.

Nice idea though the mp3 player and handheld game never get bought for my sims because they drive me mad with them.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5996 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone

I also wish they'd autonomously pull food out of their inventory to eat instead of just pointing their hand at their gullet and moaning

Forum Resident
#5997 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Nice idea though the mp3 player and handheld game never get bought for my sims because they drive me mad with them.

Yeah, I never use those either, I just meant the the function to use an object in the sim's inventory.
Mad Poster
#5998 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I also wish they'd autonomously pull food out of their inventory to eat instead of just pointing their hand at their gullet and moaning

I wish they'd do that with the fridge.
Mad Poster
#5999 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 5:12 PM
Dizzy has a mod that lets them get leftovers from the fridge. The action queue still says "Make Spaghetti" or whatever but they will take lefovers out instead.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6000 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 5:14 PM
I have that mod, but that requires them to actually go to the fridge lol. Some sims refuse to do any work.
Page 240 of 582