Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 9:37 PM
Default WCIF Simmers Who Post About Their Victorian/Georgian/Regency/Edwardian 'Hood?
I'm vaguely contemplating setting up a small Victorian 'hood, and I am on the look out for inspiration! I have found loads of Victorian-era CC, but I would love links to Tumblr accounts, blogs, websites and so on belonging to simmers who post about their Victorian/Georgian/Regency/Edwardian 'hoods, to give me some inspiration. Blogs etc which are currently being updated would be great, but old, no-longer-in-use blogs and so on would also be great :-)

As always, all links/suggestions etc are much appreciated! :-)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 11:09 PM
Well, Di's comes to mind, although she doesn't update any longer and many of her pics are down from the PB disaster of 2017. maybe that add on to view PB pictures might work on them though. it's called Di's Victorian Vexes.
Then there was Cee, hers was Regency. I can't remember what hers was called, but since she has commented on Di's you might find her that way.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 12:59 AM
Di made some awesome stuff.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#4 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 5:56 PM
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:16 PM
There's also Victoria and George and Cupcaketacular but I'm not sure if they're still active.

I have created a Play Guide/Challenge for exactly that period if you would be interested, Laura! I've never published it because I didn't know if there would be that much interest. I am just now leaving to visit my mum on Vancouver Island, so I will try and upload it in the next day or so if you're interested!
Cheers,
Vllygrl

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 3:37 AM
@vllygrl that sounds awesome! Victorian/Regency hoods are basically precisely my jam (though admittedly my current historical hood is a mix of medieval on up through Regency, with the MCC as my base) so I'd be really interested in that challenge if you're still willing to upload it!
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 10:37 PM Last edited by vllygrl : 7th Apr 2018 at 5:57 AM.
@Lauratje86 and @Azalulu -

Here you go! Fresh off the moderators' presses! I also like Medieval a lot, but really love Regency through Victorian very much as well. I hope you find something you can use in By George!, but I suggest downloading the document because it's laid out more clearly and is easier to read than the post (I may try fixing that but it's not the easiest).

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=609593

I look forward to any comments regarding what you think in the By George! thread.

Cheers, Vllygrl :D

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.