Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 5M0K3
We also get to sleep in the same bed, whereas you have to sleep on the floor. Jealous? You should be. I better it's awfully lonely and cold down there on the floor.

But seriously... I've always wondered why boys are afraid of sharing a bed with each other. It's not gay, and neither is a male-sleepover. I've noticed a lot of things girls do with each (share beds, hug, tell them they love each other, etc, etc) is suddenly gay when a guy does it.

(Sorry for not replying on the post for a while)

Anyway I have noticed this too! In our school girls can freely ask other girls to come to the toilets with them, but as soon as boys do it they are considered gay. But at school guys hug and its fine, so I guess its not that bad really.
And I'm not sure who said this but I don't think all English people are like this since iv'e been here for 7 and a half year I have learnt what kind of people you all are, and that you are all different xxxx
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 2:27 PM
Oh, when you said gender sleepovers I thought you meant it's where the two genders mix. (And, not even THAT is a horrible thing) I guess you're right Poland is a very different place. As a male I've been to a bunch of sleepovers in my childhood.

Secondly, I agree with Pare completely about homosexuality has nothing to do with what you like. But, I think the real problem is that parents say "Oh, NO! What if my son is gay!?" What the hell is wrong with being gay!? If any parent loves their child any less because of their sexuality LET THEM ROT IN HELL!!!

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Theorist
#28 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:08 PM
I don't think letting anyone "rot in hell" is particularly constructive when the real goal, the real measure of success, is changing people's attitudes. It's why wars often don't work as instruments of social change, and burning your bridges with close associates (whether they're your parents or whatever) isn't getting anyone closer to the sorts of relationships they're presumably after either. Punishing people doesn't change them. Changing people changes them. Social rules, social changes in humanity are really complicated things, but it's hardly ever a case of changing things by washing your hands of someone or beating them gets them to change (and may very well cause them to change in ways that aren't to your benefit.) That's not defending anyone mired in the past's viewpoints or anything, but just because someone has the wrong attitude doesn't excuse you from the goal of educating them to a better and more apt social awareness.

Or to put it another way, if you're changing the world you can't afford to take no prisoners. The whole world needs to be taken prisoner. The entire planet needs to be held hostage to your new viewpoint, until, when released, there is no prison.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#29 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 7:13 PM
Consider this your symbolic second cookie achievement, Mistermook, because I can't be assed to make the existing one show up twice.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
#30 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 12:30 AM
(Sorry Mistermook for being aggressive and getting carried away)

Hell-If you think about is where "bad" people go when no person can or should punish them themselves. I'm not going to go slit some homophobic parents throats if anyone's concerned, by any chance. My parents always always said you can't change anyone else by force you can only control/change yourself. I guess I'm trying to say (in a more civilized manner this time) is that I can't go and change people, we can just educate them, help them, and if all else fails, hope they change themselves.

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Theorist
#31 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 6:46 AM
Eh, I wasn't chewing anyone out. Sometimes people say something though, and regardless of whether I strongly or weakly disagree with what they're saying I write my opinion as a rebuttal mostly because I feel the need to present a new evaluation of my opinion as a response to someone else. I understand the urge to slit people's throats intimately, all I was saying is that even acknowledging my own emotional response isn't always the most constructive thing. Or perhaps it's because I know and acknowledge my own emotional response to certain things that I know it's not constructive. Emotions are cool when they're useful, but when they start getting in the way of what you want I find it's best to focus and seek clarity of that objective. For most people tossing all the homophobes in the world onto a pyre and lighting things up... let's just say it wouldn't be remembered as the great stride of civilized behavior it was perhaps intended as. So you route around that: How do I turn bigots into decent human beings?

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer to that. Or at least no quick answer to it.
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th May 2012 at 4:45 PM
Things don't make you become gay, I think it's either genetic or developed during puberty, which in my case would probably make sense as I've always got on with girls better, loved "girly" music and most of my friends are girls. But when I was younger I played football, shoot-em-up games, etc. I still do enjoy some boy-ish (?) acitivities but wether or not that's related to sexuality, I don't know. I think the two are disconnected but your sexuality can influence how you interact with other people (a lot of straight men say they don't like me because I act girly, etc.) and therefore influence your social groups (all my friends being girls) which, in my opinion can change how you act and what your tastes are in terms of fashion, hobbies etc.

I don't have sleepovers with boys, as that would be really awkward as I'm 15 and, to put it bluntly, boys turn me on. But I regularly sleep at my female friends' houses, and mine and their parents are completely fine with it.
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th May 2012 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cherry_Bloom
(Sorry for not replying on the post for a while)

Anyway I have noticed this too! In our school girls can freely ask other girls to come to the toilets with them, but as soon as boys do it they are considered gay. But at school guys hug and its fine, so I guess its not that bad really.
And I'm not sure who said this but I don't think all English people are like this since iv'e been here for 7 and a half year I have learnt what kind of people you all are, and that you are all different xxxx

I think that most men (I'm gay so I'm just assuming :L) are afraid of looking 'gay', and although it is completely unjustifiable to insult gays for any reason in my opinion, that's why they don't do things like that. On the other hand, I sleep in the same bed as my female friends all the time but it doesn't make me 'straight' at all
Field Researcher
#34 Old 5th May 2012 at 1:01 AM
I'm a girl. Growing up, I played with Barbies, GI Joes, American Girl dolls, Transformers, tiny plastic horses and remote control cars. I played with both toys. Nothing's wrong with me. It's not going to turn them gay. Most of the time, it just leads to the children having a more variety of interests. Or in some cases, like my brother, when he outgrew his Hot Wheels, he also outgrew my American Girl dolls.

My mom also allowed boys and girls to come to my sleepovers. The only thing was that at X time (it changed as I grew older), we had to separate and go to bed. The girls would sleep in my room and the boys could camp in the living room with my dad. He worked the night shift and is off on weekends, so he would just do some paperwork or stuff on his computer in the living room. I've spent the night and had lesbians, gays and straight boys and girls.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio

Page 2 of 2