Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 43
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#401 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:09 PM
Thank you, for your great work..
Test Subject
#402 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 4:49 PM
Such a helpful and wonderful mod!
I cannot thank you enough, this is simply amazing! I am now able to live in my clothes store! The shop is on the bottom floor and I have 2 floors above where my sim lives, I've got a hallway downstairs with a door coming from the shop floor, and with the mod only my sims are able to go through the door, none of my employee's, customers, anyone! As soon as my sim has closed the store she can go upstairs and get some sleep, rather than having to travel back to a different lot. And I can also have toilets that are for either male or females only! It's great, thank you ever so much! ^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#403 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 6:07 PM
Excellent work, especially this latest update to include customer and employee filters. Very well done!
Test Subject
#404 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
OK, this is just a guess, but I think maybe you're not enabling the lock filters. After enabling the lock, choose "Enable Lock Filters" and then "Set Filters" and you should see the Retail option.

I'm planning on redesiging the menus soon to make it easier to use (less menus to bounce through). Not sure when I'll have the time, but it will happen.

ETA - "Redesiging?"?! I'm also planning on learning to spell one of these days...

Weird, I don't get the Lock Filters option, or Set Filters.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#405 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 7:32 PM
i dont get a menu when i click the door =( dont know what i am doing wrong i followed the install instructions to so it should be installed correct
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#406 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 10:03 PM
Cures a bugbear of mine! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#407 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 12:15 AM
This is awesome! Locks sims out of employee only areas at my bakery/photo studio! Love it!! (& out of the rooms with computers, annoying how guests go straight for those things)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#408 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:18 AM
@bleakraven and @smurfbunkern did you enable script mods in the Options menu? Enable script mods in the "Other" options (restart the game) and you should have these two files in your mods folder: "MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v2a.package" and "MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v2a_Script.zip."

Also, make sure the files are not buried in sub-folders or the game will not see them (unless you've edited the config file accordingly.)

Hope this helps. This mod is too awesome not to have :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#409 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:36 AM
thank you deffo use this on my retail lot!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#410 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 2:14 PM
I would love to have an "owners only" option för my shop. I made an appartement on top and dont want costumers och employes to go up there. Still I lika this mod and will use it Great idea and work!
Test Subject
#411 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 10:31 PM Last edited by pearonabear : 16th Apr 2015 at 10:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by janyses
@bleakraven and @smurfbunkern did you enable script mods in the Options menu? Enable script mods in the "Other" options (restart the game) and you should have these two files in your mods folder: "MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v2a.package" and "MTS_Scumbumbo_DoorLocks_v2a_Script.zip."

Also, make sure the files are not buried in sub-folders or the game will not see them (unless you've edited the config file accordingly.)

I have both those files in my mods folder but there are still no options when I click on doors in-game. I also already have the script mods enabled in my game options. I feel very sad haha

Edit: fixed it!! I had to have both of the files in my Mod Manager. hurray!
Lab Assistant
#412 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 3:42 PM
The mod works, I like it. Problem: I created a gay bar (put the gender filter on the front door) but didn't get over to the lot fast enough when I went back into live mode. Don't know why, but the entire neighborhood decided to crowd into my little bar. Fantastic that it was popular, but I didn't get to put the filter on the door quickly enough in live mode before women got in. All that great electronica music, 4 bars, and a swimming pool out back, I guess...
Anyway...
In Sims 3, you could buy a gender door and install it in build mode. Is there anyway to attach a script on a build mode object? I know now that I need to be fast when getting a new community lot set up with a filtered door, but having it available in build mode would help.

I can totally understand if it's not technically possible... was just curious.
Deceased
Original Poster
#413 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xordevoreaux
In Sims 3, you could buy a gender door and install it in build mode. Is there anyway to attach a script on a build mode object? I know now that I need to be fast when getting a new community lot set up with a filtered door, but having it available in build mode would help.

The pie menus will only work in live mode, there's no way to make them work in build mode, but custom content object designers can create new doors that work similar to the bathroom doors add-on which are pre-configured to a specific lock setting. That was the main resason for that add-on, to serve as a demonstration of how that can be done.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#414 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 6:27 PM
I'm apparently too stupid to install this even with the mod manager xD
The pie menu is there but it doesn't stop the damn customers coming in my staff room!
Test Subject
#415 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 8:43 PM
This is awesome and something I know many players have been waiting for. Would it be possible to do the same type of settings for an entire lot? Or by profession and or trait?
Test Subject
#416 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by janyses

Well, here's how it looks for me:
And more pics here: Scripts, Ingame1, Ingame2, Ingame3

Any ideas?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#417 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:48 PM
How do you download this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#418 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 2:35 AM
Amazing, thanks!
Deceased
Original Poster
#419 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bleakraven
Well, here's how it looks for me:
And more pics here: Scripts, Ingame1, Ingame2, Ingame3

Any ideas?

OK, the screenshot of the mod install made it clear, you've got version 1b of the mod. The customer/employee locks were not added until version 2. Uninstall that version of the mod and get the newer v2a download.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#420 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:27 AM
Thanks for this....
I would like the door to have a list that only who listed can get through it..
example.. even the household sims can't enter my room

also i got a bug today.. i use 1 of my sim to go travel then change to the one at the house without send home the traveling sim,, then all the door that i set "Lock for All Visitors"(Don't know about other) also lock all my household,, (turn out all my household become visitors) ..tried disable and enable back the lock still same

well it settle when i restart the game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#421 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:52 AM
I installed this but it didn't work - is it only for certain types of doors?
Deceased
Original Poster
#422 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 6:05 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 18th Apr 2015 at 6:30 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by s3lipar_jipun
also i got a bug today.. i use 1 of my sim to go travel then change to the one at the house without send home the traveling sim,, then all the door that i set "Lock for All Visitors"(Don't know about other) also lock all my household,, (turn out all my household become visitors) ..tried disable and enable back the lock still same

well it settle when i restart the game

I'm not 100% sure I'm following the bug report, but if I understand the situation you're describing it doesn't sound like this should be happening -- but the mod logic may indeed be flawed for this case. I'll try and reproduce the bug and if I need clarification I'll let you know.

ETA - Yuck, I did exactly what you suggested and got the same results. Not sure exactly what is causing this, it only happened the first time I switched back. You don't need to restart the game, it straightened back out for me after saving and switching to manage worlds and restarting that household. So for those who aren't following this, here's exactly what I did:
  • Loaded up lot "1", owned by sims "A" and "B"
  • Set a visitor lock on a door in lot 1, worked fine
  • Had sim "A" travel to lot "2", owned by sims "C" and "D"
  • Set a visitor lock on a door on lot 2, worked fine, kept sim "A" out
  • Switched control to sim "B", and she was now locked out of the visitor doors on lot 1, even though she was a lot owner
  • Saved game, exited to manage world and restarted that household choosing sim "B"
  • She could now go through the visitor doors on lot 1 normally
  • Switched to sim "A" and he was still locked out of visitor doors on lot 2
  • Switched back to sim "B" and she could still use the doors properly on lot 1

So it just happened on that first time, when the sim actually travelled to another lot, after that it was fine. Still a bug and I'll try and figure out what's going wrong.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#423 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 6:17 AM
Thank you. This will work great with my coffee shop.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#424 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:35 AM
thdf
Deceased
Original Poster
#425 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 8:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MagicFluk0076
thdf

? Transformer Harmonic Derating Factor ? - I had to look that one up, never seen that acronym before!
Page 17 of 43