Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#101 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
In the adult spell casting animation, the prop/accessory model that appears changes depending on the wand that's in the sim's inventory. I suspect that the actual model used by the animation varies on that basis. In MagicWand.AttemptToCastSpell, there's a line that sets a geometry state. The buyable wands have geostates that change the positioning of the wand and the visibility of the pillow. My guess would be that the buyable wands' models are used directly by the animation, but I'm not sure how this is encapsulated in such a way that the jazz script would always recognize the "wand" actor despite the various models.

Also, TS3 Blender Tools do not seem to handle geostates, despite there being a geostate editor. If you just want to get the mesh into Blender at all costs, deleting the geostates in S3PE beforehand might allow for that.

Thanks so much for all the help and advise. I'm going to keep trying with this. When I import the wand to blender they all look the same(to me atleast) so I guess the different wands are simply different coating maybe!? The C# script is also used to determine which wand is selected, they have similar rigs so I guess that works. Well I'm going to sleep now, it's 1 AM here. I'll try again tomorrow.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#102 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 11:20 AM
Ok I have to ask, where is the geostate in s3pe? I can't find it anywhere
Instructor
#103 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 8:03 PM
Geostates can be edited by viewing model resources via Grid.

Useful thread for understanding geostates: http://modthesims.info/t/578342

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Scholar
Original Poster
#104 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 1:51 PM
Geostates can be edited by viewing model resources via Grid.

Useful thread for understanding geostates: http://modthesims.info/t/578342

Oh thank you so much. I'll check it out right now. BTW can I use S3PE to add IK chain events and visual effects/sound effects. I tried using TS3 animator 4 but it exports the animation as smd and I don't know what to do with that. I'm hoping that maybe I'll atleast be able to make the magic hands animation work if I can add that and that would be something at least.
Instructor
#105 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Butterbot : 4th Jan 2018 at 9:56 PM. Reason: Typo
I must preface this by saying that I don't know much about animation. The last time I took a shot at it was to attempt a simple modification to the canning station's animation, and it failed miserably, so take the following info with a grain of salt.

Quote: Originally posted by skydome
BTW can I use S3PE to add IK chain events and visual effects/sound effects.

While the chunks themselves can probably be added in S3PE, effects rely on a number of external resources and scripting. All these elements have to be set up for the effect to work. For instance, the sparkly effect at the tip of the wand probably relies on an fx slot on the wand object (to know where to appear), as well as the graphics assets for the effect itself, in addition to scripting support, etc. Just copying the chunk in S3PE would not be sufficient unless the other moving parts are hooked up as well.

I don't know anything about IK chain events. Would you mind explaining what they are and how you plan to use them?

SMD files can be edited by Milkshape. I think Blender has a plugin for it as well, if you search online.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Mad Poster
#106 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 7:42 PM Last edited by murfee : 4th Jan 2018 at 7:55 PM.
I'm sorry I didn't realize someone responded here. I know about the transmorgifier but it's not going to help here unfortunately
Which version of TSRW are you using btw? The one I use is so buggy and laggy? It's unusable. The colour change effects are interesting. Maybe I can give different color effects to children. I like the idea of different effects. Normal chat voices might sound weird in a spell though. Right now let's just get the animations to work right and then let's worry about the rest later. The work with the mod is moving at a steady pace. I was a bit sick(flu) last 3 days but I'm a little better today and currently working on the mod right now.

I use TSRW 2.0.80, because after TS4 came out TSRW was CURSED~~~~.
http://darasims.com/download/soft/s...r-workshop.html

I hope you're all better from the flu!

Posting some screenshots of what I've done so far

Looks great from where I'm sitting with kids not able to do anything at all!

Now, never regard anything I say as actually relevant cuz I'm thoroughly ignorant, but about those wands....

I was wondering if they work the same way other animated "accessories" do -- In S3OC/S3PE I was making default replacement textures for the the bow and arrows from the Dragon Valley archery set, as neither of them show up in TSRW connected to the Archery Station. But they have their own separate entries in S3OC. A while back I wanted to swap out EA's default soccer ball from the SSNS EP soccer goalie post, and needed to look in S3OC/S3PE, as the ball didn't show up in TSRW either.

So I'm just thinking that the wands on the pillows might be somehow different from the accessory wands sims use? I don't know, ignore me; I'm rambling and Pepsi deprived.
Scholar
Original Poster
#107 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:42 PM
I must preface this by saying that I don't know much about animation. The last time I took a shot at it was to attempt a simple modification to the canning station's animation, and it failed miserably, so take the following info with a grain of salt.

While the chunks themselves can probably be added in S3PE, effects rely on a number of external resources and scripting. All these elements have to be set up for the effect to work. For instance, the sparkly effect at the tip of the wand probably relies on an fx slot on the wand object (to know where to appear), as well as the graphics assets for the effect itself, in addition to scripting support, etc. Just copying the chunk in S3PE would not be sufficient unless the other moving parts are hooked up as well.

I don't know anything about IK chain events. Would you mind explaining what they are and how you plan to use them?

SMD files can be edited by Milkshape. I think Blender has a plugin for it as well, if you search online.

I also have no experience with ik chains, this link might help you understand a bit http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=513726 I just have a feeling that maybe the wand could appear if the ik chains and effects are there. I will have to research on it some more. I have gotten a bit sick again today, resting up today. Will work on this again when I feel better.
Scholar
Original Poster
#108 Old 5th Jan 2018 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
I use TSRW 2.0.80, because after TS4 came out TSRW was CURSED~~~~.
http://darasims.com/download/soft/s...r-workshop.html

I hope you're all better from the flu!

Looks great from where I'm sitting with kids not able to do anything at all!

Now, never regard anything I say as actually relevant cuz I'm thoroughly ignorant, but about those wands....

I was wondering if they work the same way other animated "accessories" do -- In S3OC/S3PE I was making default replacement textures for the the bow and arrows from the Dragon Valley archery set, as neither of them show up in TSRW connected to the Archery Station. But they have their own separate entries in S3OC. A while back I wanted to swap out EA's default soccer ball from the SSNS EP soccer goalie post, and needed to look in S3OC/S3PE, as the ball didn't show up in TSRW either.

So I'm just thinking that the wands on the pillows might be somehow different from the accessory wands sims use? I don't know, ignore me; I'm rambling and Pepsi deprived.

Thanks I will download that. Have you worked with animated accessories like football or arrow? I did find a magic wand accessory but it didn't have a mlod file in it I don't anything about meshing and object creation so I was having a hard time understanding how it all works.
I'm resting today. I'll start work again when I feel a little better. And you go get your Pepsi
Mad Poster
#109 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:36 PM Last edited by murfee : 6th Jan 2018 at 3:50 PM.
Was it this one? There's this strange wand in S3OC with no MLODs:

(You might want to see about the Magic Hands entry as well, as that's the Lifetime Reward where witches don't use wands at all -- every single sim of mine has this reward, as I never use the wands at all (so I personally wouldn't mind having kid sims not use one, tbh -- but I know, it's not about me, my mom used to tell me that when I was little but I never believed her. ).)

But anyways, the wands have MLODs in these:

In S3OC I picked the Classic wand (since it's the default one) clicked the [Clone or Fix] button,and made sure the Deep Clone box was ticked, so it made a new package for me with everything in it. I then opened the package in S3PE to export the mlod. I use the mlod s3asc export plugin (I think it's this one? http://modthesims.info/t/363908)

In Milkshape (I don't use Blender, that thing confuses me, but there's a plugin for Blender, too) I can already see that yeah, geostates are indeed involved.

So I bet the pillow vanishes with a geostate set to ignore it.

You'll no doubt get better info out of the meshes in Blender though.

I'm curious to see what they'd look like when cloned in TSRW.... Hrmmm....

Those are the 3 different geostates.

And I bet that's the joint where the effects trail generates. (It's only on the wand from the first geostate, not attached to the pillow like the other two are, so that's the "accessory" version sims use.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#110 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 7:31 PM
@Murfee Yea the accessory wand is the one, weird one with no MLOD :/ I'm going to focus on the magic hands animation at the moment. I've already started on that front.
What's really weird about the wand is that in blender there's a mesh swap option which removes the pillow but the wand in the pillow will stay floating and the wand underneath the pillow is also there so I end up with two wands lol. I tried deleting the pillow geostate and still the wand in the pillow appears to float So I keep ending up with two wands. Also the wand doesn't seem to become an accessory like I hoped. It appears on the ground hmm.
Is it possible to attach an object in a sim's body without it being an accessory? I mean like in the play fetch interaction the stick is released from the sim's hands and it flies away. But it also sticks to the hand right? And in the dish washing animation all sorts of stuff happens with the prop(dirty plate) so I'm super confused now I wish EA made their animation software available to public.
You said you tried mesh swapping with arrow and football. Can you tell me your experience on that?
For now I'll try the magic hands animation. Hopefully they work right.
Mad Poster
#111 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:33 PM
Not mesh swapping, default retextures -- I wasn't able to find the meshes/textures in TSRW, as there are no entries for special "accessories" that magically appear, connected to bigger objects like archery stations and soccer goals. So I had to use S3PE/S3OC to find them and export everything out.

I think the wand in the pillow that's doing all the floating is the one you want to keep -- it's the one with a joint attached to it that makes the effects trail -- I think. The one above the pillow I assume is the more "decorative/display" version.

I don't think those animated props like dishes, balls, arrows and such are actually accessories in the sense of jewellery and glasses we use on sims. They're basically decor with coded/scripted with joints that move with the sim-- like the teddy bears and such that sims can pick up and carry around with them, and put in their inventories, but are still props. I suspect the wands are the same way. It's the way the joints are rigged, telling the sim to pick up the object and do certain animations with it. I don't know the specifics for how to get animations and scripts working though -- sounds like something Arsil & co would know more about.

There used to be an old old mod around here that let you pick up any object on a lot and interact with it, but some patch broke it; I forgot what it was called.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#112 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 4:32 PM
The bones thing is actually quite easy to explain! For that, let's get something that's easier than these wands before we actually understand what's going on (Because gosh those wands are complicated :P)

So first we want to understand how props get generated. Let's take a look at the leafpile script. Especially the cleaning the leaves from the ground function. Let's take a look at this little code:

Code:
		this.mCurrentStateMachine = StateMachineClient.Acquire(this.Actor, "LeafPile");
		base.SetActor("x", this.Actor);
		string instanceName = this.Actor.SimDescription.ChildOrBelow ? "accessoryRakeChild" : "accessoryRakeAdult";
		this.mRakeGuid = GlobalFunctions.CreateProp(instanceName, ProductVersion.EP8, Vector3.OutOfWorld, 0, Vector3.UnitZ);
		if (this.mRakeGuid != ObjectGuid.InvalidObjectGuid)
		{
			this.mCurrentStateMachine.SetPropActor("rake", this.mRakeGuid);
		}

As you can see there is another 'actor' called 'rake' which... might sound weird, yet reasonable. Now how props work, can be a little confusing, but for easier props like these (rakes, screwdrivers, mops, etc) it's quite easy! From a package perspective, and we're mainly focusing on the resources within it, the thing that's also defined in the script if you look hard enough, indeed says that this actor (our rake) will be assigned to different IKtargets as mentioned in a few posts. Now in the same script, somewhere at the bottom, you'll see these:

Code:
		public static string[] kIKSuffixes = new string[]
		{
			"",
			"1",
			"2",
			"3"
		};

Now if I recall right, these numbers are indeed good since they're basically the 'options' or well, the 'bones' so to speak, that the script will look for to assign the props. Now somewhere that's a little deeper in the game files, there's a whole, I guess you could call it 'container' of things that show off all the bones names. Or rather, slots. (these could be floorprints, to hand slots basically, to even VFXeffect slots) There's of course, a more organised way of finding them which is the enum file (warning, long list coming your way ):

See how there's a line saying:

Code:
		IKTarget_0 = 2730534067u,
		IKTarget_1 = 2730534066u,
		IKTarget_2 = 2730534065u,
		IKTarget_3 = 2730534064u,
		IKTarget_4 = 2730534071u,
		IKTarget_5 = 2730534070u,
		IKTarget_6 = 2730534069u,
		IKTarget_7 = 2730534068u,
		IKTarget_8 = 2730534075u,
		IKTarget_9 = 2730534074u,
		IKTarget_Sentinel,

now if we look back to the kIKSuffixes method, we see that "", "1"," 2" and "3" are listed. They are however strings there, so I guess, since I didn't check the child rake, it might be a different IKTarget, since the adult one only has IKTarget_0. But we'll get there later on, on how I found out about that. But before that, let me explain why EA went with geostates here.

So, we know, there is this pillow, a wand on top of it, and basically a wand impaling it (please don't see it as a frozen reference :P). IKTargets (As far as my research goes) Are more of a 'temporary' bone. They stick to a hand when the animation is being triggered. If they're not, they're just simply, well... gone. So basically what i'm saying here is, there won't be some weird pillow stuck to your sim's hand because of this 'temporary bone' (and geostates are also playing a role here )

So now we know some details of what's going on here and why IKTargets are here.

Let's take a look at the actual Package. (Can be cloned by using S3OC of course )

From a more 'programming' perspective, what's important here is the _RIG, _RSLT and I guess OBJK too. Now to understand what I was talking about earlier about the whole IKTarget thingy, we first want to open it with the RIG editor (Which you can get by installing this, do keep in mind to extract it with 7zip NOT winrar: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...s/859/index.htm)

Now we also see a FX entry. This is of course like leaves flying around when your sims are... doing whatever they're doing to entertain themselves in the pile of leaves. There's always an FX entry there, and in the RSLT if there is one of course. Sometimes in the floorprint ones as well but it's unlikely for that to happen. Now why i'm saying all this about FX effects...

So from a bones perspective, and we're talking about basic object meshing. (Yes we're going this far back :P) we see how the 'transform_bone' has the standard hash called '0xCD68F001'. If you check any furniture typed object, with or without any animation or even scripted interactions, and check them in milkshape 3D's 'joints' tab, you'll always see the name '0xCD68F001'. That also explains how to create your own custom bones if you feel like it, because those hashes are basically 32FNV hashes being converted to text or the other way around. . But something that's so suprising, is that if we were to check it in Milkshape's joints tab, it only lists a few of the bones, it never lists the '0xBB9C81E9'(IKTarget bone) or in this case also '0xE4D43186'(FX effect bone) Since they're basically... well, 'targets' rather than 'weights' (See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeletal_animation) if we're talking 3D here. Because weights make it possible for the mesh to move, rotate, go berserk on you, whereas 'targets' don't. Guess it's also kind of a 3D vs 2D type of thing. But you get the point So these 'fx' and IKtarget bones are basically what TSRW was showing with those arrows. So yes Murfee was indeed right about the props being similair to the teddy bear

Now let's get to the Wands. If we look at the code, it basically does exactly the same thing, just with more resources (Do ignore the jig though):

Code:
				this.Actor.SkillManager.AddElement(SkillNames.Spellcasting);
				SpellcastingSkill spellcastingSkill = this.Actor.SkillManager.GetElement(SkillNames.Spellcasting) as SpellcastingSkill;
				this.mWand = MagicWand.GetWandToUse(this.Actor, spellcastingSkill);
				if (this.mWand == null)
				{
					return false;
				}
				this.mWand.PrepareForUse(this.Actor);
				this.mJig = (GlobalFunctions.CreateObjectOutOfWorld("practiceSpell_jig", ProductVersion.EP7) as SocialJigOnePerson);
				if (this.mJig == null)
				{
					return false;
				}

Basically what EA did was making an ENUM, yep another one, so the game is like 'oh hey! it's using that one!'. In fact, the reason why this is such a 'special snowflake' case is that the 'prop wand' are objects rather than 'accessories', yet, there is this 'accessoryWand' when looking it up with S3OC. Now why is that? If we look at the parts inside of it, and compare it with another wand, say, WandCrimson, you see how Crimson basically acts like a normal object (If you were to compare it with say, a plant you cloned) whereas AccessoryWandBasic is doing something really odd. Now since we only have the OBJK and the OBJD. Why? Because from the looks of it, it's the only way how all the wands together are defined within that VXPY file that you can find in the OBJK>TGI blocks. So that explains that in this case, you might have to replace all the RIG files in order to get it right.

Now how do we get the object to show up well for kids? Now what I personally would do, is, since a child is obviously less tall compared to an adult sim, is clone the wand maybe? Leave the model, it's not important in order to keep the geostates as they are. (Not sure if you did anything with the script actually). I'd say, given how the rake is on the same position and height and... well a prop as well, to get them at least at a more reasonable height to at least test, is to compare the values like here:

(In fact, you could just take the Y value, as long as you don't change any other positions yet.)

However, one note, as we can see here:

The '_bind_0_wandUpright' is, theoretically speaking, our IKTarget_0. It functions the same, however the bind_0 is I guess, better for objects that are also decor pieces? Since that's what the pillow is basically. I can't however figure out what would work best with the kids animations to assign them all without having to edit the script or the jazz script necessarily... Since I looked at the jazz script and couldn't really figure out where those 'wand' with different hexes were referring to. So let me find that out for you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#113 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 5:51 PM
@Murfee Yes I agree. Thank you for your help.

@Lyralei OMG this was so helpful!! I love it. Do you think I'll have to create an accessorywandchild where the y position is below? Or do I simply change the IK chains in the wand animations? It'll take me a while to understand this better. I'm feeling a lot more positive from what you've explained to me so thank you

I'm currently working on the magic hands animation to work. I'm adding the effect events and sound events andgoing to check if they work.
Virtual gardener
#114 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 7:31 PM
Glad my research-y rambling post was helpful! I'm still looking into it though, haven't really seen this before. But it's likely that you'll have to add the hex data to the jazz script. I'd check out this tutorial so it makes a little more sense on how to add props (Although EA did this one different. Instead of adding a decimal, it's basically seen as 'wand' but even then, those are all clip files and no actual props.). So basically what I'd do is keep the VXPY, OBJK, OBJD, RIG and in this case the RSLT (And if you like, not necessary but I usually test it with MLOD before deleting the MLOD) and delete everything else when you cloned it with S3OC and just change the IKTarget values to something similair like the child rake one. Because right now I think is why it isn't loading it is since the wand has an age restriction to begin with and it's not reading the child's prop. I'd try check out the adult/child rake prop and see how EA did that to define the prop for both ages
Mad Poster
#115 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Glad my research-y rambling post was helpful!

It was really informative! I always wondered why Milkshape wasn't showing the same joints (or in this case, 'Targets' ) that TSRW was (the arrows all over the place when I clone things that have moving parts and effects). Now I understand a little better what's going on.

But oh lord, this stuff is wild. I'm just here out of morbid curiosity; I deeply commend y'all for going at this and giving the kids more attention.
I wonder if it's all the same process used with the Children Can XYZ No Stretch mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579548
Scholar
Original Poster
#116 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 2:56 PM
Ok the magic hands animations are working correctly :-) YESS Success!! Here are some screenshots.

Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#117 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 2:59 PM
It was really informative! I always wondered why Milkshape wasn't showing the same joints (or in this case, 'Targets' ) that TSRW was (the arrows all over the place when I clone things that have moving parts and effects). Now I understand a little better what's going on.

But oh lord, this stuff is wild. I'm just here out of morbid curiosity; I deeply commend y'all for going at this and giving the kids more attention.
I wonder if it's all the same process used with the Children Can XYZ No Stretch mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579548

Yea it is like that Some of the animations there are easier cause they don't have the little prop problem that we get with wands but yeah it is like that pretty much.
Scholar
Original Poster
#118 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 4:26 PM
@Lyralei So you're saying that I should clone the accessorybasicwand right? Or the normal wands?
And after that I should try changing the rigs to have a lower y axis co-ordinate?
And what do you mean by adding the hex to the Jazz script.
Right now I don't even know where to begin with this. Can you tell me a bit more about this?
I have very low knowledge about object creation and meshing stuff. Can you direct me to some good beginner level tutorials or that?
Virtual gardener
#119 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 9:56 PM
Okay, so in leefish's tutorial (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469283), it says this:

Quote:
The key lines here are :

Create Prop 1080 as "fireplacelighter" and Select on Parameter "CheapVersion" and Play 0x3C920346D301B884 for "fireplacelighter"

In the script I set the parameter as CheapVersion so the JAZZ will run the cheap animations, the 1080 is an identification for the game to find the specific prop and the play 0x3C920346D301B884 is the identification for a specific animation.

if we look at one of her edited entries, we see this:

especially the bit:

Code:
 Create Prop 1080 as "fireplacelighter"

Now this is a way to assign a prop, but then there's always arsil's way to do it, which, if you clone it, is basically the end numbers of the objk's instance, rather than converting some numbers.

However, the wands came with something super fun to deal with here, which is, they're all basically merged together. I guess, but i'm not sure, the way they added the props is by doing whatever they did with this bit on the top (I deleted a lot of it, else it will be a really long code:

Code:
State Machine "practicespellcasting"
{
    Properties Default
    Unknown Value 0 = 5
    Actor *"y"
    Actor "wand"
    Actor "x"
    Parameter "isPracticing" = "no"
    Parameter "isSkilled" = "no"
    Parameter "noWand" = "no"
    Parameter "ProductVersion" = 0x4000
    Assign Actor "a2o_magicWand_skillHigh.ma"."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x934B3C23."y" as *"y"
    Assign Actor 0x934B3C23."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x934B3C23."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x63F5084A."y" as *"y"
    Assign Actor 0x63F5084A."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x63F5084A."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xC2413D83."wand" as "wand"

State "a2a_magicWand_castSpell_highSkill_fail_"
    {

as you can see there are a ton of Assign Actor 0x934B3C23."wand" as "wand" entries. I haven't successfully found out about what exactly the numbers are about but I do know @arsil is pretty good with stuff like that, else i'll see how far I get

Unfortunately the way I learnt it with TSR, that video is gone, but there's this one that's as good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0u2y1JM2fw
Although in this case I'd just focus on only the RIG you don't have to edit any meshes as mentioned above sadly, only advanced tutorials seem to cover something more stuff about the RIG though.
Scholar
Original Poster
#120 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:49 PM
@Lyralei Yea the spellcasting solo has that too.

Code:
Assign Actor 0x454B4154."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x454D0CF8."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xC2426971."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xC2426971."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xC2BEB358."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xC2BEB358."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xC2CCC0B6."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xC2CCC0B6."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xBACAA016."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xBACAA016."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xFED5827C."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xFED5827C."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x3A110D29."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x3A110D29."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xF91EF4D9."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xF91EF4D9."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x16DB7820."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x16DB7820."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xD057A405."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xD057A405."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x737FAC15."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x737FAC15."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xC285EE85."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xC285EE85."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x53EFC37."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x53EFC37."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x4F54FA31."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x4F54FA31."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x4F55ADEE."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x4F55ADEE."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x4F5F0287."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x4F5F0287."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xB8FCF530."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xB8FCF530."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xCD6F49F."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xCD6F49F."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x5D1B740B."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x5D1B740B."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x6F7E6FB6."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x6F7E6FB6."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x146D524A."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x146D524A."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xE560FC70."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xE560FC70."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xE560152F."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xE560152F."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xE560A8C6."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xE560A8C6."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xDC1AA2BE."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xDC1AA2BE."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xA98D3601."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xA98D3601."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x268BEBF3."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x268BEBF3."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x4797E0DF."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x4797E0DF."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x61654D92."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x61654D92."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xAC084B2B."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xAC084B2B."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xE2339243."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xE2339243."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xA84A7AD8."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xA84A7AD8."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xFC0CBF48."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xFC0CBF48."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x946BA39."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x946BA39."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x94FF9C0."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x94FF9C0."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x978DF76."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x978DF76."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x10CADEE9."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x10CADEE9."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xF3EA6ADF."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xF3EA6ADF."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xF36D4815."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xF36D4815."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x3001904."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x3001904."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x6434F38B."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x6434F38B."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x26546CE0."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x26546CE0."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xC62526C6."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xC62526C6."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xD2B62C18."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xD2B62C18."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x6E5A0ED4."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x6E5A0ED4."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x5C378B4E."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x5C378B4E."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x6532B02."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x6532B02."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xF71FCE67."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xF71FCE67."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x3195FAF."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x3195FAF."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xA81B42FA."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xA81B42FA."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x4279E6CE."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x4279E6CE."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x6F6065BC."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x6F6065BC."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x1F776374."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x1F776374."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x5DA6808E."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x5DA6808E."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x7174B305."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x7174B305."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x2D8F3236."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x2D8F3236."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0x6FDA9F42."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0x6FDA9F42."x" as "x"

What even are these? Are those objk entries? They're too small to be an animation aren't they?I'll check out your tutorial in the morning. It's getting really late right now. Atleast there was some success today with the magic hands animations working correctly. Just once the wands start working right, this mod will be finished.
I also have one more question. Won't the wands stop working for adults if I edit the rig to work for children?
Mad Poster
#121 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:21 PM
Did you ever figure out the child spells vocals/speech?
Because the child genies & faeries can perform magic/tricks, though I don't remember if they say much while doing it like witches do.
I recall a lot of hand clapping and ominous giggling.
Scholar
Original Poster
#122 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 8:35 PM Last edited by skydome : 9th Jan 2018 at 8:45 PM.
Did you ever figure out the child spells vocals/speech?
Because the child genies & faeries can perform magic/tricks, though I don't remember if they say much while doing it like witches do.
I recall a lot of hand clapping and ominous giggling.

The voices don't play but the other sound effects are playing fine. Do you know of any child interactions where the voice actors make a lot of vroom, Swish, lala type sound? The voice actors for children never made those voices so that's why they don't play(it's what I figure)
Test Subject
#123 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:39 PM
The voices don't play but the other sound effects are playing fine. Do you know of any child interactions where the voice actors make a lot of vroom, Swish, lala type sound? The voice actors for children never made those voices so that's why they don't play(it's what I figure)

Don't know if you tried this one already, and I'll wager you have, but open the grid for the animation and in the events section change the A to a C on the end of the voice clip. Sometimes they have one.
Unfortunately I'm bloody clueless about extracting the sounds to preview them, I suppose one could do different animations in-game until finding one that sounds good enough and copy it's event vo.
Either way, good work. I've been curious about this exact mod for a long time as it seems weird that fairies get interactions when witches don't.
Mad Poster
#124 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ropewash
I've been curious about this exact mod for a long time as it seems weird that fairies get interactions when witches don't.

BASICALLY!!! Dang EA. It just blows my mind that we're living in a post-Harry Potter society, and a game company THAT MAKES Harry Potter games decided it was the logical decision to not add witchcraft for children in their Supernatural expansion.

Do you know of any child interactions where the voice actors make a lot of vroom, Swish, lala type sound?

The only thing I can think of that's sorta similar is when kids tell ghost stories (in Generations). They use more dramatic voices, similar to the spellcasting voices adults use.
The faeries and genies speak very very briefly before they play their pranks. (it's more like a quick Look over there! or Open Sesame! than a longer winded spell.
Scholar
Original Poster
#125 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:10 PM
BASICALLY!!! Dang EA. It just blows my mind that we're living in a post-Harry Potter society, and a game company THAT MAKES Harry Potter games decided it was the logical decision to not add witchcraft for children in their Supernatural expansion.

I know it's not even that hard for them to do it. I mean if I have gotten this far they could have easily done this.

The only thing I can think of that's sorta similar is when kids tell ghost stories (in Generations). They use more dramatic voices, similar to the spellcasting voices adults use.
The faeries and genies speak very very briefly before they play their pranks. (it's more like a quick Look over there! or Open Sesame! than a longer winded spell.

Hmm I guess I could try those out. The sounds are not really an issue to be honest, that's pretty doable. The wands are what's bugging me. It's causing me a lot of frustration
Page 5 of 8