Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#126 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 5:22 PM
@Lyralei Ok so I extracted 4 animations and uploading it here. The animations are for when we select witch in the supernatural button and they flick the wand a little. EA made these animations for both adults and children. They look very similar to me in grid view. I was thinking maybe this will help you understand how the wands work. And then you can explain to me what you understood
BTW do you or anybody know where the Jazz script for the cas idles are? if they exist and what about the C# script for it. I'll see if I can find them but if anybody knows where those are that would be great
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  CASwitchidles.7z (130.8 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#127 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 7:13 PM
Found the Jazz script

Code:
State Machine "trait_witch"
{
    Properties Default
    Actor "wand"
    Actor "x"
    Parameter "x:Age" = "adult"
    Assign Actor "a_cas_witch_idle.ma"."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor "a_cas_witch_idle.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor "a_trait_all_CAS.ma"."accessorybirthdayhorn" as 0x0
    Assign Actor "a_trait_all_CAS.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor "a_trait_FamilyOriented_CAS.ma"."photographyframeb" as "wand"
    Assign Actor "a_trait_FamilyOriented_CAS.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor "a_trait_handy.ma"."wrench" as "wand"
    Assign Actor "a_trait_handy.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor "a2o_book_wrench_discard.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor "a2o_trait_Angler_CAS.ma"."fish" as "wand"
    Assign Actor "a2o_trait_Angler_CAS.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor "a2o_trait_ComputerWhiz_CAS.ma"."computerlaptop" as "wand"
    Assign Actor "a2o_trait_ComputerWhiz_CAS.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor "a2o_trait_FamilyOriented_CAS.ma"."photographyframeb" as "wand"
    Assign Actor "c_cas_witch_idle.ma"."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor "c_cas_witch_idle.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor "c_trait_FamilyOriented_CAS.ma"."photographyframeb" as "wand"
    Assign Actor "c_trait_FamilyOriented_CAS.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor "c2o_trait_Angler_CAS.ma"."fish" as "wand"
    Assign Actor "c2o_trait_Angler_CAS.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor "c2o_trait_ComputerWhiz_CAS.ma"."computerlaptop" as "wand"
    Assign Actor "c2o_trait_ComputerWhiz_CAS.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor "c2o_trait_FamilyOriented_CAS.ma"."photographyframeb" as "wand"
    Assign Actor "p_cas_witch_idle.ma"."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xD5BB8277."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xD5BB8277."x" as "x"
    Assign Actor 0xD7ECB14B."wand" as "wand"
    Assign Actor 0xD7ECB14B."x" as "x"
    State "Animate"
    {
        Properties Public, Explicit
        Transitions to "Exit"
    }
    State "a_cas_witch_idle_01_"
    {
        Transitions to "Loop"
        Select on Parameter "x:Age"
        {
            Value "adult"
            {
                Create Prop 0x139f7591:0x70000000:10016642 as 1879048192
                {
                    Play 0x6b20c4f3:0x70000000:0x46D4BC53936F3E24 for "x"
                    Play 0x6b20c4f3:0x70000000:0x7730EF75A0DC5E3E for "wand"
                }
            }
            Value "child"
            {
                {
                }
            }
            Value "elder"
            {
                {
                }
            }
            Value "teen"
            {
                {
                }
            }
            Value "todler"
            {
            }
            Value "young_adult"
            {
                {
                }
            }
        }
    }
    State "Enter"
    {
        Properties Public, Entry, Explicit
        Transitions to "a_cas_witch_idle_01_"
        Transitions to "Exit"
    }
    State "Exit"
    {
        Properties Public, Exit, Explicit
    }
    State "Loop"
    {
        Properties Public, Explicit
        Transitions to "Animate"
        Transitions to "Exit"
    }
}
Scholar
Original Poster
#128 Old 10th Jan 2018 at 7:50 PM
and I have noticed something, my animations have a 0x00000 while the ones EA uses are 0x70000 for the magic animations. Also when I imported the adult animations with TS3 animator they all had something like a2o_magicWand_skillHigh_selfCast.ma as source file, while mine simply have c2c_magicWand_castSpell_lowSkill_start_x.blend. I feel like the missing a2o is causing problems and the 0x70000. I checked the 'No Stretch' children can series with TS3 animator and Kapaer's animations did have the 0x70000 in it and he even had a2o_alchemyStation_startStop.ma as the source file in one of his converted animations.

So I feel like I have deduced the problem. I don't think wand rig is the problem. Because the wand adjusts itself when the child uses it in CAS right. And I don't think there is any limitation on the wand to make it unusable to children because when the child uses stretch animation the wand appears. What do you guys think? You think I'm on the right track with this?

Now say even if I am right about this, how do I fix this? I know it's possible since Kapaer did it. I just have to figure out how I can do it. Any ideas on how to change that? TS3 animator has been kinda glitch and simply renaming 0x0000 to 0x70000 in S3PE refused to play the animation
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#129 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 8:17 PM
@skydome the 0x70000 is actually there for a reason. You know how the script sometimes refers to 'oh use this content when this game is installed' right? 0x70000 (as long as it's a group IIRC, Or... at least the third row, can't check it right now) In s3pe, it basically means 'supernatural'. It's the game's way of organising. So of course if you were to change it into 0x00000 it would be base game. That's why base game compatible downloads were so popular back in the days I have no idea why S3PE wouldn't play though if you changed it?

Regarding the checking the wands out, I'll do that over the weekends, life's keeping me really busy! So... hopefully I'll get the change to look over it! Think I will but just so you know
Scholar
Original Poster
#130 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
@skydome the 0x70000 is actually there for a reason. You know how the script sometimes refers to 'oh use this content when this game is installed' right? 0x70000 (as long as it's a group IIRC, Or... at least the third row, can't check it right now) In s3pe, it basically means 'supernatural'. It's the game's way of organising. So of course if you were to change it into 0x00000 it would be base game. That's why base game compatible downloads were so popular back in the days I have no idea why S3PE wouldn't play though if you changed it?

Regarding the checking the wands out, I'll do that over the weekends, life's keeping me really busy! So... hopefully I'll get the change to look over it! Think I will but just so you know

Oh thanks that's very helpful. Take your time, there's no rush
Scholar
Original Poster
#131 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 6:00 PM
I'm just gonna let the picture speak for itself.

Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#132 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 10:13 AM
Scholar
Original Poster
#133 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Ohh! Amazing! How did you figure that out?

It's kind of a long story I'll make a new post about problems with jazz scripts and smooth jazz and how to overcome it. It'll be like a tutorial that would explain it. I didn't have to do any rig editing at all. The wand adjusts itself, the problem was with the jazz scripts themselves and how smooth jazz handles it. The solution was actually super easy but there was a lot of trial and error and research to be done to get there.
Mad Poster
#134 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 12:36 PM
YOU FRIKKIN FRAKKIN DID IT
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
I'm just gonna let the picture speak for itself.

I think that you just inspired to make new interactions and animations for the children. I have always wanted to add new interactions for the mean and evil children so it would add more action and drama to the game because I still don't like how they could only argue,scare,accuse someone of being a diva or fight in this game and congrats for successfully converting the adult animations and making them work on children without all that freaky stretching. Do you think that it's possible to do for the toddlers or would you just have to make new animations for them?
Scholar
Original Poster
#136 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamegenius
I think that you just inspired to make new interactions and animations for the children. I have always wanted to add new interactions for the mean and evil children so it would add more action and drama to the game because I still don't like how they could only argue,scare,accuse someone of being a diva or fight in this game and congrats for successfully converting the adult animations and making them work on children without all that freaky stretching. Do you think that it's possible to do for the toddlers or would you just have to make new animations for them?

Oh cool. I'll download that mod. What kind of animations were you thinking about converting? Toddlers, I think they'll work the same way. But they may feel a bit unrealistic. Since the adults appear to talk and perform gestures that will look a bit odd for toddlers. But I think that depends on the animation itself.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:19 PM
Oh cool. I'll download that mod. What kind of animations were you thinking about converting? Toddlers, I think they'll work the same way. But they may feel a bit unrealistic. Since the adults appear to talk and perform gestures that will look a bit odd for toddlers. But I think that depends on the animation itself

Keep in mind that i'm still a beginner and I still don't understand how programming works or what it means but it's something that i'm still interested in learning how to do. About what animations that I plan on using I probably have to make new ones because the game doesn't have that many adult animations for me to try and convert them.
Site Helper
#138 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:53 PM
I've been trying to make a post to express my feelings that doesn't involve a ton of smileys all standing around celebrating with (very black) champagne. And maybe wearing really silly party hats.

"Congratulations!" seems like an understatement.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#139 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I've been trying to make a post to express my feelings that doesn't involve a ton of smileys all standing around celebrating with (very black) champagne. And maybe wearing really silly party hats.

"Congratulations!" seems like an understatement.

Thank you so much!
Quote:
Keep in mind that i'm still a beginner and I still don't understand how programming works or what it means but it's something that i'm still interested in learning how to do. About what animations that I plan on using I probably have to make new ones because the game doesn't have that many adult animations for me to try and convert them.

Post a new topic or PM me when you want to start working on it. I'll give you links to some tutorials that will help you
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:29 PM
Thank you so much!

Post a new topic or PM me when you want to start working on it. I'll give you links to some tutorials that will help you

I will when I feel like creating it. Do you have any animations and interactions that you want in the mod? I made a couple of animations before but they were for Sims 2 and I couldn't get the game to play them
Scholar
Original Poster
#141 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 8:42 PM
I will when I feel like creating it. Do you have any animations and interactions that you want in the mod? I made a couple of animations before but they were for Sims 2 and I couldn't get the game to play them

In which mod? The mod you're planning on making? Mmm I don't know. You should ask sofmc9. She loves mods related to children and family play in general so she'll have lots of ideas for you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#142 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 5:46 PM
Ok I'm uploading some animations that have to be converted. Sofmc9 offered to help me with conversion so that's why I'm uploading these.

Instructions for converting.
1)You already know how to convert. Simply put the converted animations in a separate folder when you upload them.
2)There are 10 animations here, you don't have to convert them all. Only as much as you feel like.
3)There's no rush. Take your time

Thanks again for your help.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Sofmc9.7z (346.5 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 10:17 AM
Ok I'm uploading some animations that have to be converted. Sofmc9 offered to help me with conversion so that's why I'm uploading these.

Instructions for converting.
1)You already know how to convert. Simply put the converted animations in a separate folder when you upload them.
2)There are 10 animations here, you don't have to convert them all. Only as much as you feel like.
3)There's no rush. Take your time

Thanks again for your help.

I'm wondering if you're planning on releasing the mod after you're finished because I want to have child wizards in my game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#144 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 12:27 PM
I'm wondering if you're planning on releasing the mod after you're finished because I want to have child wizards in my game.

Yea, of course I will release.
Scholar
Original Poster
#145 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 3:00 AM
The apple is also appearing in the hand.

Screenshots
Site Helper
#146 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 5:57 PM
:lovestruc Congratulations!!!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
Original Poster
#147 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 8:12 AM
Thank you Ghost hopefully the mod will be done in a few more weeks.
Scholar
#148 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 2:19 AM
@skydome

Well done!!! Ever since I created a Mildred Hubble sim (The Worse Witch) and then realised that child witches couldn't do anything more than ride broomsticks, I've been hoping somebody would come up with a mod like this. Milly and I thank you!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
Original Poster
#149 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 2:42 AM
Hi everyone,
I have some bad news. I have a pretty bad eye infection which will take like a week to 10 days to get better. I'm avoiding screens till then, but most of the work for the mod is done already so if I get better soon enough the mod will be releasable by March.
Virtual gardener
#150 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 12:02 PM
Heh interesting to know i'm not the only one with one too Probably not as bad as yours, but take all the time you need! Hope you get well soon!
Page 6 of 8