Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#151 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 5:43 PM
Your health is more important than this mod. Get well soon. We can wait.

(Not necessarily easily, but we can wait. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#152 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 6:22 AM
Having trouble with the dueling. Children can't be challenged to dueling if they are then the interaction gets cancelled for the target and when a child challenges an adult, the adult stretches down to child size.
The rest of the interactions are working, once Sofmc9 sends me the animations she has made almost all animations will be over.
I'll work on the dueling problem today. Hopefully it works out.
Scholar
Original Poster
#153 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:54 AM Last edited by skydome : 19th Feb 2018 at 8:39 AM.
Ok so children can duel with each other now but when they duel with adults. Either the adult stretches down or the child stretches up And why are my screenshots not uploading I tried with google chrome and Microsoft edge. Ok using the old uploader worked. Here are the screenshots

Screenshots
Site Helper
#154 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 4:01 PM
So does this mean that you need to work on getting a child-to-adult animation built, or is it something more complex?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
Original Poster
#155 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
So does this mean that you need to work on getting a child-to-adult animation built, or is it something more complex?

I don't know maybe Adult Child duelling may not be possible. Honestly Adults should've just used their animations and child theirs. The thing is in duelling, both sides tend to use same animations. So while I have animations for both Adults and children the interaction just sticks to one kind so either the child stretches to use Adult animations or the adult stretches to use child animations. I'll have to do some serious Jazz editing if I wanna do it. I'll try some more otherwise I'll make it so children are too young to duel with Adults as part of the story/lore. I mean I've been working on this mod for way too long I just wanna release it and then work on my Vampire mod(I've been getting requests for that one) and some other projects. And then maybe I'll come back to redo Adult child duelling as part of an update to the witch mod. All the other spells are working.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#156 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 10:49 AM
Glad to see you're back and doing well! I can see how that's frustrating... it's kinda like an EA thing where... i guess what you could do is making separate child animations here and linking them as 'child'. Not too sure if that means it also needs changes in the script but it's quite impressive to see how far you've come already!

On the pictures... I personally noticed that when your very first picture is too big (so not the second one), the uploader won't tell you it is. The only way to see that it is is to see the debug notes. So Make sure that the images are to at least 800kb for jpgs. I'd just open them in paint, save them. Just that. no changes, needed, just open and save ... that only works for jpg by the way. PNG uses a different colour progress thingy, so they'll always be bigger.
Scholar
Original Poster
#157 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Glad to see you're back and doing well! I can see how that's frustrating... it's kinda like an EA thing where... i guess what you could do is making separate child animations here and linking them as 'child'. Not too sure if that means it also needs changes in the script but it's quite impressive to see how far you've come already!

On the pictures... I personally noticed that when your very first picture is too big (so not the second one), the uploader won't tell you it is. The only way to see that it is is to see the debug notes. So Make sure that the images are to at least 800kb for jpgs. I'd just open them in paint, save them. Just that. no changes, needed, just open and save ... that only works for jpg by the way. PNG uses a different colour progress thingy, so they'll always be bigger.

Yea I'll have to basically add a new parameter in the Jazz Script. BTW can Jazz Scripts have a Parameter with 3 values? Like before I was just doing like child=true or child=false. I'll have to try and see.
Field Researcher
#158 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 5:42 PM
Ok, I'm out of this site.
I didn't fucking requested and my post deleted.
Scholar
Original Poster
#159 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 7:39 PM
Ok some good news and some bad news. The animations that sofmc9 gave me are working . Screenshots are posted. The bad news is that the motive charms and curses are not working on kids, they work on Adults. Kids can use them but it can't be used on them Have to figure out what the problem is. The Dueling problem is still there.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#160 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 7:53 PM
Just dropped by to say thank you so much for this thread, I'm learning a lot just from reading it all. I feel like now I should go and try to tweak the magic cauldron store object to work for children to complete my wizard school fantasies

Hopefully modifying the cauldron to work for children is as simple as modifying an ITUN and adding a new animation. If it's a block in the code I guess I would have to replicate the interaction under a new namespace and probably change the code from TeenOrabove to ChildrenOrAbove, or something like that.

Curious, did you end up depending on Chain's core block removal from NRAAS Hybrid to enable this interaction or did you create your own new custom interactions for spellcasting?
Scholar
Original Poster
#161 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rgnrk198
Just dropped by to say thank you so much for this thread, I'm learning a lot just from reading it all. I feel like now I should go and try to tweak the magic cauldron store object to work for children to complete my wizard school fantasies

Hopefully modifying the cauldron to work for children is as simple as modifying an ITUN and adding a new animation. If it's a block in the code I guess I would have to replicate the interaction under a new namespace and probably change the code from TeenOrabove to ChildrenOrAbove, or something like that.

Curious, did you end up depending on Chain's core block removal from NRAAS Hybrid to enable this interaction or did you create your own new custom interactions for spellcasting?

Glad to know this thread has helped you out I ended up making my own script mod with custom interactions, some interactions were enabled by itun cause they didn't have core block. Also another thing to note is that my Script mod will not be incompatible with hybrid mod. At first I thought I would have to make a hybrid compatible version but now I don't have to
Scholar
Original Poster
#162 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 10:49 AM
Ok solved the problem with the motive charm and curses. I separated them into different interactions and it's working. Going to try making the duelling work now.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skydome
Ok solved the problem with the motive charm and curses. I separated them into different interactions and it's working. Going to try making the duelling work now.

Do you think you could convert "pick up" and "put down" from toddler to child?
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
Ok, I'm out of this site.
I didn't fucking requested and my post deleted.

Been there.
Scholar
Original Poster
#165 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperGal<3
Do you think you could convert "pick up" and "put down" from toddler to child?

My friend Sofmc9 tried it by going to cas and changing the age in the middle of the interaction. It looked weird with a lot of clipping. Firefighters in Ambitions already have an animation to pick up children perhaps it could be enabled for other Sims too.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:27 PM Last edited by SuperGal<3 : 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:50 PM.
My friend Sofmc9 tried it by going to cas and changing the age in the middle of the interaction. It looked weird with a lot of clipping. Firefighters in Ambitions already have an animation to pick up children perhaps it could be enabled for other Sims too.

Ooo...freaky Can you try experimenting with the firefighter-child carry? Maybe you can enable it for normal social interactions! And if you ever do it, when you get done, can you attach the experiment in a mod?
Virtual gardener
#167 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 12:35 AM
@SuperGal<3 not saying you're requesting something here but... I see what you're doing here. Just so you know
Scholar
Original Poster
#168 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:49 PM
I guess Adult Child duelling won't be a thing (for now anyway). I tried to change it but even more problems appeared as a result But anyway Children can duel with other children so I guess atleast that's cool right? Anyway now I'll try to fix the code a bit, clean it up. And maybe try adding some sound effect to the animation maybe.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:35 PM
@SuperGal<3 not saying you're requesting something here but... I see what you're doing here. Just so you know

Oh really? XD (Don't mean to ask for a request...just wanting to see something!)
Virtual gardener
#170 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:56 PM
@skydome, Looking at C and A jazz scripts, I noticed that instead of:

Parameter "x:Age" = "adult"
Parameter "y:Age" = "adult"

They have:

Parameter "x"
Parameter "y"

And sometimes defining the ' Parameter "x:Age" = "adult"
Which kinda gives me the impression the:

Assign Actor 0xA55D2A3E."flamingo" as "flamingo"
Assign Actor 0xA55D2A3E."x" as "x"

Values are important here since I do usually count 1 more than the amount of states that are found in the script. Can't figure out the data given though... in this case the 0xA55D2A3E

EDIT: one way you could solve it is the way they did it with Female and male here: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1240/

As far as I know, the X and Y is just a way to be like 'oh yes this is this sim and prop!' and looking at the script it should be able to just run it for kids without any problem... so no idea why the game decides to be difficult here! I could take a look if you want me too, can't promise I'll be able to provide a working one though! :P

Regarding the buffs issue, if the script is customized (although this might even be the problem with the jazz script) you have to basically pull the buff xml from the game files and re-add it to your download. Same for the images
Scholar
Original Poster
#171 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 7:14 AM Last edited by skydome : 26th Feb 2018 at 11:50 AM.
@skydome, Looking at C and A jazz scripts, I noticed that instead of:

Parameter "x:Age" = "adult"
Parameter "y:Age" = "adult"

They have:

Parameter "x"
Parameter "y"

And sometimes defining the ' Parameter "x:Age" = "adult"
Which kinda gives me the impression the:

Assign Actor 0xA55D2A3E."flamingo" as "flamingo"
Assign Actor 0xA55D2A3E."x" as "x"

Values are important here since I do usually count 1 more than the amount of states that are found in the script. Can't figure out the data given though... in this case the 0xA55D2A3E

EDIT: one way you could solve it is the way they did it with Female and male here: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1240/

As far as I know, the X and Y is just a way to be like 'oh yes this is this sim and prop!' and looking at the script it should be able to just run it for kids without any problem... so no idea why the game decides to be difficult here! I could take a look if you want me too, can't promise I'll be able to provide a working one though! :P

Regarding the buffs issue, if the script is customized (although this might even be the problem with the jazz script) you have to basically pull the buff xml from the game files and re-add it to your download. Same for the images

I'm having problems because of problems in the smooth jazz software not the jazz code. I'll discuss these problems in another post. But thanks for telling me about this, I didn't know about it Currently though my Jazz code is fine, it's a problem with the Smoothjazz that's causing difficulty.
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:10 PM
I guess Adult Child duelling won't be a thing (for now anyway). I tried to change it but even more problems appeared as a result But anyway Children can duel with other children so I guess atleast that's cool right? Anyway now I'll try to fix the code a bit, clean it up. And maybe try adding some sound effect to the animation maybe.

Reminds me in Sims Medieval; children can sword fight with other children but children cannot sword fight with adults.
Site Helper
#173 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 2:08 AM
You could state that there is a magical law that adults dueling with children are automatically bullying the child, even if the child starts it, and that the offending adult will be stripped of all magical powers. All adults know this, and nobody wants it to happen to them. So no adult will ever duel a child. (At least not until the problems in the mod are solved. )

Scholar
Original Poster
#174 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 1:29 PM
Ok so another update.
1)All animations are done as far as I know. The coughing animation of Pestilience curse and the freezing were left but now that's done too
2)The mod doesn't conflict with Hybrid
3)All interactions script work is done. They get unlocked at the right level and everything.
4)Magic is not just used by Children, it's usable on children too.
5)Children are able to get and fullfill wishes related to magic. I didn't even plan this. It's a happy side effect
Problems that persist
1)Children can have Spellcasting duelling with other children only. This was due to a limitation in the smooth jazz software. I'll see if I can fix that for the future but current version will be uploaded like this.
2)I'm having trouble making ITUN for the custom interactions. Without it the spells won't be used autonomously and they won't be able to increase spellcasting skill. I can add the increase spellcasting skill in the script by I don't want to do it this way and it still won't be autonomous. Anyone who has experience making ITUN for custom interactions, can you offer some tips? Once the ITUNs are done I'll upload this mod.

And lastly I have a question. When the children get frozen in ice, they can't be broken free with magic, they have to wait till the moodlet wears off. That's because I unlocked this spell with an ITUN mod since it wasn't core locked. And adding this interaction with a script causes problems like incompatibility with Hybrid. There's also a glitch with the frozen moodlet which is not because of this mod, it's always been there I've noticed it before too, when a sim gets frozen an invisible clone of the sim appears and talks to other people and stuff. Very disturbing. So the question is this should I make it so ice blast will never cause the sim to be frozen solid due to this glitch or not?
Scholar
Original Poster
#175 Old 28th Feb 2018 at 4:25 PM
Ok wait the ITUNS are working, I think I'll be able to upload this mod tomorrow.
Page 7 of 8