Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:57 PM
Default How to make tattoos?
I was wondering if anyone can explain to me (or if theres a tattoo tutorial out there) how to make tattoos for sims 3 using Delphy's tools?

Origin id: Navikats
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:53 PM
Im also using paint shop pro 8

Origin id: Navikats
Scholar
#3 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:22 AM
I was able to adapt what Hanlon Razor wrote in this tutorial: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15481.0.html

for the tattoo set I made (although the tats I made are a little more complicated than that). It should at least get you started.

I'm using the long fitted gloves accessory mesh and the silk stockings one for my tats. Either of those should work fine.

As for PSP8, I can't help you there.

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by robokitty
I was able to adapt what Hanlon Razor wrote in this tutorial: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15481.0.html

for the tattoo set I made (although the tats I made are a little more complicated than that). It should at least get you started.

I'm using the long fitted gloves accessory mesh and the silk stockings one for my tats. Either of those should work fine.

As for PSP8, I can't help you there.

Sorry to intrude, but I was wondering the same thing, b/c when I tried, all I got was a black glove. Anyhow,

Queston Robokitty: which mesh would you suggest for back & chest tats? I'm so very curious b/c I saw aikea with a few, my hubby has some serious tats on his chest & his meS!m just won't be complete without them.

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ajoya
Sorry to intrude, but I was wondering the same thing, b/c when I tried, all I got was a black glove. Anyhow,

Queston Robokitty: which mesh would you suggest for back & chest tats? I'm so very curious b/c I saw aikea with a few, my hubby has some serious tats on his chest & his meS!m just won't be complete without them.

Actually, you could put a full body tattoo over a sim using either of the meshes I mentioned. You just have to position them over the chest/back area in the multiplier file. There are only a few considerations that may help you choose:

.appearance of the preview pic
.what other accessories you want to be able to use w/ the tattoo
.layering of tattoo w/ other accessories (gloves mesh will layer OVER the stockings mesh)

I'm crossing my fingers that in the future someone [else] will figure out how to make it so that sims can wear more than 1 of the same accessory so that I can make some mix n match tattoos

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 7:19 AM
Did anyone tried making tattoos over costume makeup? So then they would show automatically in every clothing?
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:35 AM
daluved just put up a very thorough tut: http://www.sims2wiki.info/Sims_3:Cr...ew_Base_Texture
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:39 AM
i haven't tried costume makeup yet.

I am having issues with color tatoos. I folowed the instructions in the PDF listed above. but in the new UNI tool there is no option for multplier i found mask. so what i did was used the texture file for the multiplyer file. I used the burglar gloves to make the tats. I got full body to work just no color. also i tried going into create a style in Creat a sim and it would not load it. It just set there loading for 5 mins. did not freeze my game just spun the loading icon.

Ok so after all that my question is... How do you get color tattos. I want to do Asian floral patterns, and some derek hess tattoos.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:47 AM
Burglar mesh never recolors for some odd reason. Read the tutorial I just made, Robokity let me pick apart her tats so you can see what all went into them

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:50 AM
thank you would figure i would pick the one of the gloves that dosen't recolor. I just read it solved alot of my issues. just to get this right the darker areas will show color and the white area will be black.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:53 AM
Not neccisarily black but they'll be the darkest hue, if that makes sense...

Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 8:54 AM
yep makes perfect sense

thank you
Mother Function
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Not necessarily black but they'll be the darkest hue, if that makes sense...

I was kind of vague about how the colors work on the tutorial, so re-read part II if it doesn't come out like you expected.

Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 5:17 AM
can someone help me out... i've made this dds file... can anyone help me make it into a package... i hope i've done this right...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E9I0S0W3
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 12:22 AM
Default using real pictures
can anyone send me to a how-to site or gimme a guide that will tell me how to make tattoos using images from outside the game???? i would be GREATLY appreciative. thanks i'm looking to make a tattoo for my sims back that is the Sons of Anarchy tattoo.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/...nsOfAnarchy.jpg minus the ghost rider bikes. just the reaper and name above it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#16 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 1:14 AM
Banned
#17 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheapncheerful
Did anyone tried making tattoos over costume makeup? So then they would show automatically in every clothing?

I've done it without problems. Since I am less likely to use one of the clowny faces rather than things like stockings or rings, it seemed a natural place.

You just cannot see where the tattoos are and how they look in the Workshop window, so it becomes a matter of trial and error.

Right now, I am waiting for others to figure out the new Ambitions tattoo system. I backburnered all of my tattoo projects once I learned that Ambitions would have tattoos.
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 5:37 AM
I'm just wondering how to make tattoos since Sims added the tattoo panel?
All I have is the sun, butterfly, etc.
I want to make my own.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#19 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 1:04 PM
Tutorials:TS3 GENCAS Tutorialswiki
You want Makeup & Genetics -> Creating a color tattoo with GIMP and Tattooinator by CmarNYC.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.