Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2015 at 1:58 AM
Default Sims 4 Folder Missing
HELP! So I've been playing Sims 4 for awhile and I updated my game I wanted to add some CC but the Sims 4 folder wasn't in documents. I played the Sims 4 a couple hours and even saved a game to see if the folder would generate but it didn't!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2015 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
If it is not there, how can you play the game? ahahahaha

You sure you checked the right folder? It really depends on your Winlogon set up. If you are set to an individual user, you need too look at the Documents folder of that user. If it is set without a specific user, check your public Documents.

Hmm that is true how can i play the game ha ha ha, but i checked in the public documents and its not in their either and I'm looking in the the documents folder. I also tried to re install the game to see if it would pop up but it didn't just wanted to add that to see if it helps :P
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2015 at 3:09 AM
I know this is obvious, but just to be clear, what pathway are you checking? Mine is Username/My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2015 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I know this is obvious, but just to be clear, what pathway are you checking? Mine is Username/My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4.

Mine is Username/Documents/Electronic Arts
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th May 2015 at 4:56 AM
That was too obvious, nitromon! I couldn't even think of it! Blossom, I hope this fixes it for you!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2015 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
there is an obvious thing you can try

use the search function for "the sims 4"
I searched it and it came up with the Sims 4 folder that's in the Program files but its empty and it also came up with the Sims 4 Launcher
Mad Poster
#9 Old 14th May 2015 at 1:09 AM
That's so bizarre - like stuff of the Twilight Zone bizarre. Even a folder in the program files should have stuff in it, just not custom content. Weird! Weird! Weird! Makes you question reality.

Alchemist
#10 Old 14th May 2015 at 2:05 AM
:cylon: Bet it's hiding on another drive.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th May 2015 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
:cylon: Bet it's hiding on another drive.
what drive would it be on?
Alchemist
#12 Old 14th May 2015 at 2:34 AM
How many do you have? You may have installed your game on some drive other than C drive? (Not that this is a reason for it not to show, however.)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th May 2015 at 2:44 AM
Even if it were on another drive, wouldn't the files still appear under Users documents?

Alchemist
#14 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Even if it were on another drive, wouldn't the files still appear under Users documents?

I'm sure they would. Just grasping at straws.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:22 AM
You weren't alone. I thought about the other drive too, that and hidden folders, but none of it is really making sense.

Alchemist
#16 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:32 AM
Yeah. I wonder if, somehow, the folder was dragged, accidentally, into some other folder?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:46 AM
I've done that sort of thing many times. I'm not sure, though, because the OP said (S)he did a search and that she's still playing their game. If the search was too narrow, it could have missed a folder in a folder, but would the game still play with the saved data if the folder were moved?

Alchemist
#18 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:57 AM
Good question... you'd think not if the folder was moved.
Also, I know if I search for something, and it's on, say, drive D, not on drive C, it won't let me find it. Likely I'm not searching right, but if it's not on my default drive, I'm out of luck.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 14th May 2015 at 4:06 AM
I just tried to search for my folder using the search field at the Start icon. I typed in "Sims 4" and the game launched. I didn't expect that.

Forum Resident
#20 Old 14th May 2015 at 5:15 AM
Did you accidentally hide it? If it is hidden you won't be able to search for it and you won't be able to see it unless you show hidden items in windows.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
Did you accidentally hide it? If it is hidden you won't be able to search for it and you won't be able to see it unless you show hidden items in windows.

I don't think so i don't touch the folder just much i just touch the mods folder inside to put CC
Alchemist
#22 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:12 AM
Can you remember the names of any of your CC? If you search for one of your CC, it will tell you where it's stored.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#23 Old 15th May 2015 at 9:42 PM
Moving to Help. Please post here with issues, not in Discussion. Thanks.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th May 2015 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Can you remember the names of any of your CC? If you search for one of your CC, it will tell you where it's stored.

I do remember them. i have them on my desktop because i had to re download them because the folder disappeared but ill try to search them
Scholar
#25 Old 16th May 2015 at 9:28 AM
I'm just asking but, Is your game a Legit game or a Pirated game downloaded from the internet?
The Pirated versions don't show the Sims 4 folder in the documents folder. Apparently you have to put mods and CC elsewhere. I don't know where because I have the Deluxe Version from Origin.
But this question about the missing Sims 4 Folder in the Documents folder has been asked many times and it always turns out to be the pirated version. Unless it has been installed on another drive.
I'm not saying your game is pirated but for anyone to be able to help its the next obvious question that needs to be asked.
Page 1 of 2