Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:10 AM
Default Are Childhood phases bugged or am I?
I'm having a bug with parenthood where childhood phases seem to do absolutely nothing.

I've had the bear costume phase twice. The child gets a +2 sad moodlet for not being a bear. I tell them to change into a bear and they simple change into a randomly generated outfit that usually looks pretty bad. The moodlet doesn't go away, and the same thing happens if I tell a parent to wear the costume with the child.

The only other phase I've gotten is picky eater which did nothing at all. I tried feeding my sim every quick meal in the fridge but they got no kind of moodlet and I got no messages about it, and normal food gave no kind of moodlet either.

Does anyone know if this is an actual bug, or what mod might be causing it before I try and dig through hundreds of them? (I have no CC for children)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 7:46 AM
If teen phases count, my teens get distant and rebellious and when i ask whats wrong i get a notification , that hugging and helping with homework might help get rid of it.
I do all of those things and it doesn't do anything.

I have a million and ten mods, so I can't say if it's a glitch or not. Maybe they just didn't think this whole thing through, lol.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
If teen phases count, my teens get distant and rebellious and when i ask whats wrong i get a notification , that hugging and helping with homework might help get rid of it.
I do all of those things and it doesn't do anything.

I have a million and ten mods, so I can't say if it's a glitch or not. Maybe they just didn't think this whole thing through, lol.

Violet just got the loud phase, and when I talk to her about it is says there's an option to discipline her for being loud, but no such option appears. :\
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 6:32 PM
The bear want phase makes my Sim child sad, like yours. The only fix is writing in the journal. I also had an issue with some toddler attribute that made the kid constantly lonely. The only fix was the cheat to clear all buffs. My picky eaters get sad from eating food that they didn't choose. I don't know how to let them choose, since they simply seem to ignore their hunger. If I select the auto-choose need feature, they choose food they don't want. They're so contrary!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.